ADVERTISEMENT

Final: Louisa 20 Lafayette 13

Salem,s defense will bring it Louisa better be ready which I am sure they will be good luck to both teams

Addendum:! Great show at the Jungle and absolutely the friendliest people anywhere . Losing to Louisa is ok. They earned it. Ps- visitor stands were pretty good as the country ride. Hope you win against Salem!

A little shaky 1st half, excellent 2nd half. Lost 1st half 17-0, won the 2nd half 13-3. But lost game, tough to come back all the way. Louisa had the best run defense we saw all year. Congrats and good luck next week down here!
This game was the perfect definition of a tale of two halves!

Reactions: Louisadad
Lafayette has a hell of a team! Their defense was awesome. Congrats to the Rams for an awesome game.
Yes Lafayette did play a pretty good game overall but lets face it you guys earned it. I didn't think you would pass that effectively. I knew the running game would be good though. If anybody can stop #7 good luck. He sets up everything. Not flashy but oh boy.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Salem will bring it I'm sure but after what I just saw they better bring a lot!!!
Salem will give it their best effort. That's expected. Occasionally that best effort is good enough to get the win. In fact I can think of eight times where that has been the case.

Great photo from the Free-Lance Star.

DQE59wFWsAEJb_K

A little shaky 1st half, excellent 2nd half. Lost 1st half 17-0, won the 2nd half 13-3. But lost game, tough to come back all the way. Louisa had the best run defense we saw all year. Congrats and good luck next week down here!
Run defense without a doubt was the best Lafayette has faced all year. No comparison. Very surprised. I thought after a while they'd find a rhythm but those guys were pretty good weren't they?

Brandon Smith was the MVP today. He was flying all over the place and had some huge hits. He, Whalen, McGhee and Thurston were the reason the run defense was so good.

Salem will give it their best effort. That's expected. Occasionally that best effort is good enough to get the win. In fact I can think of eight times where that has been the case.
Understood Salem has that reputation for sure. After your turnaround from the initial Blacksburg game and earlier in the season I would say you're peaking at the right time.

Listening to the Salem vs Sherando game on I heart radio Ramsey was a huge key to Salem’s success on offense.... it will be interesting to see how LC run defense does against him

If your stop Ramsey you Win, If you don't stop Ramsey Watch out. I am sure it goes both ways against. Louisa, qb

I just hope everyone stays healthy , it will be a very physical game and will be decided in the trenches. Salem can throw and run very well, Defense held Sherando to 0 points through 2 quarters. Salem put in backup defense in the whole 4th quarter and Sherando only scores 1 more touchdown.

Congrats, Louisa, and best of luck in the big one! The Lions' first half dominance was the difference, and any team that can do that to Lafayette's defense will be very, very tough to beat...that said, though, Salem's an amazing program, so I'm expecting a great battle!

A little shaky 1st half is an understatement...based on the score and stats, it was complete domination and cost 'em the game. What happened?

Another outstanding season, Rams, in which you came up a little short. You know as well as any team that winning a state championship in football is very difficult, undoubtedly harder than winning one in any other high school sport. But you've got a great coach that gets the most out of his players, and like Poquoson, you'll be back deep in the playoffs, probably sooner rather than later.

A little shaky 1st half is an understatement...based on the score and stats, it was complete domination and cost 'em the game. What happened?
In my opinion they didn’t adjust quick enough to the great run defense by throwing some short/medium passes to loosen things up. That resulted in a total stagnant 1st half like Warhill in the first round. Unlike Warhill they could only score twice in the 2nd half , not in bunches.

Good interview with Malik Bell and Brandon Smith by our very own @matthew328826. Some of it is a little hard to hear but still good. It was great to finally meet you Matt!

Thanks! Yeah, unfortunately wasn't our best quality with all the noise + everyone on the field celebrating (kinda wish we were able to get them inside where it was less hectic and quiet), but glad I made the trip and got to cover the game + get some photos and get some face time with the players and coaches.

We are also uploading interviews with Job Whalen and Coach Mark Fischer - that one should be a bit easier to hear - that I'll link on our Game Blog on the Scoreboard forum as well.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Last video, I promise lol. This is my Snapchat story from yesterday, showing the atmosphere from my view at the 50 yard line. It shows the skydivers and the green smoke. It gets dark because the sun was in our faces. Please excuse me for using the word "lit".

i was wondering why nobody discussed the phantom extra time out salem had and the time out called against louisa to stop the clock at the end of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT