ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL: Louisa 35 Courtland 0

anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b

VaPreps All Region
Aug 28, 2005
Louisa 14 Courtland 0 halftime. Two TD passes, the first to Alex Washington, the second to Noah Robinson. The days of saying "Louisa can't pass" are over.

From the Scoreboard: Courtland’s most promising drive of the game so far took them from their own 29 to the Louisa 35 with less than a minute left in first half. After they stalled out on downs, however, it took Louisa less than 45 seconds to drive 60 yards for a touchdown. Quarterback Rob Allinder hit Mark Carter on a 26-yard pass down the right sideline to the Courtland 20, then found Noah Robinson over the middle for a 20-yard TD on the final play of the half to give the Lions a 14-0 lead.

Last edited:
Final: Louisa 35-0. Awesome potential for this team once they gel and correct the sloppiness, and stay healthy.

Same ol' Courtland offense, though.

Last edited:
Louisa looks very very good. Bigger than last year and more balanced offensively. Defense is very stout. Brandon Smith had himself a game per usual and I’m very impressed with Courtland transfer Adrain Williams at D Tackle and the Louisa receivers. They most definitely will be a contender this year.

6' 7" receiver Mark Carter had himself a game too! And that Madden run by Smith...I found myself pressing the spin button! And Night Train only had 2 carries.

Last edited:
Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Congrats to Louisa. Its nice when things come together and your team gets that consistency. The hard work and patience Coach Fisher displayed will serve as an ultimate legacy and will have an impact on Louisa teams for years to come.

No disrespect to Louisas domination or the Courtland team, but after a certain individual put the Cougars above all in the off season I have to ask. PT Barnam what in the world happened to Courtlands reincarnation, its unstoppable qb, the two great running backs, border wall interior lines and nasty defense? I will tell you what happened. A very athletic and physical team took your tail to the wood shed.

The Cougars may have some talent this year and I know its just one game, but once again the Courtland slow developing offense was put to sleep by a speedy defense. I just can't see the Cougars being a factor in Region B unless they let their athletes loose. I may be wrong, but I know what I have seen from the Courtland offense since realignment and with the exception of one year it aint working.

Courtland has the athletes to run the exact same stuff Louisa ran. Shauntclair was right about one thing, their QB is one of the fastest kids I've seen in a long time, and they barely let him do his thing. It's a shame. I don't know if their missing backs meant THAT much to their offensive formations, but it was literally basic Wing T all game. With the kids they have, they would've hurt us from spread/option concepts. It all comes down to a stubborn coach at this point.

Last edited:
My point exactly! Sad too, because as you said they have some talent. Its like putting straps on the front legs of a race horse. Fast defenses eat it up. Just like we did against Dale last year and Courtland 3 years ago. To beat one of the top dogs in B you have to hit hard and hit fast. You cannot tip toe around or lbs like Brandon Smith will bust your ass!

DlatSLiUYAA9sXi.jpg

My point exactly! Sad too, because as you said they have some talent. Its like putting straps on the front legs of a race horse. Fast defenses eat it up. Just like we did against Dale last year and Courtland 3 years ago. To beat one of the top dogs in B you have to hit hard and hit fast. You cannot tip toe around or lbs like Brandon Smith will bust your ass!

Exactly... get the ball to your athletes in space unless they are Tom Rathman... At all cost, just toss it to your playmakers on a sweep if you have to, it is high school football! End of discussion!

Exactly... get the ball to your athletes in space unless they are Tom Rathman... At all cost, just toss it to your playmakers on a sweep if you have to, it is high school football! End of discussion!
I will say Courtland did try many toss sweeps to White, who's also fast. But Louisa's defense was just too fast. Courtland had 104 yards of total offense.

Last edited:
After it was posted how Courtland showed an I formation in preseason, I told Smith's dad I'd pass out if Courtland shows that in a game. Well I'm still wide awake.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
The four big dawgs went 4-0 outscoring their opponents 177-17 with Eastern View and Louisa getting shutouts. All four teams lost talent, so its nice to see the progress. Hope it stays this way. Makes for a fun season. Enjoying our discussions too. Just good old football talk. Monacans new qb had a night!

Lockdown Start: Louisa blanks Courtland on the road in opener

http://www.scrimmageplaycva.com/art...ouisa-blanks-courtland-on-the-road-in-opener/

“I thought our defense was going to be good,” Patrick said. “We’re very young – we have three seniors starting. One of ‘em is real special, everyone knows him (Brandon Smith); but we’ve got some juniors who can play football, too. I thought they flew around. Courtland comes with that Wing-T misdirection, and they studied the film, listened in practice, and we had great effort to the ball all night.”

“One of our best players on offense was out this game, Jarrett Hunter, hopefully we get him back next week,” Patrick said. “I thought Rob really stepped up. I thought our sophomore running back (Shelton) really stepped up, too.”

I'm glad Louisa doesn't spread like Dinwiddie or Brookville in case we play them again..

Louisa looks very very good. Bigger than last year and more balanced offensively. Defense is very stout. Brandon Smith had himself a game per usual and I’m very impressed with Courtland transfer Adrain Williams at D Tackle and the Louisa receivers. They most definitely will be a contender this year.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
@Gunz41 I know what you meant. But just tap on any user's avatar, and it shows their last activity (unless it's private), so it isn't hard.

I figured, just giving you a hard time.

But check this out. Obviously Brandon has play and stats to back his Penn State signing and deservedly so, but there is a High School game on ESPN right now, and the QB for Hoover is a junior, with his 1st start, and he is the 2nd ranked Dual Threat in country for Juniors, WITHOUT A START.

Not saying the kid isnt that good, but that seems a little crazy to me

@Gunz41 that's our 6' 190 lbs starting DE. One of the smaller players on the defense but is strong and tough as nails. Didn't play at all last year. The other DE is about 6' 3" 220 lbs. who also didn't play, and he came off the bench. The starting D line last night had two 270 lbs. guys, Williams and Guinn. Incredible size in the front 7.

Last edited:
@Gunz41 that's our 6' 190 lbs DE. One of the smaller players on the defense but is strong and tough as nails. Didn't play at all last year. The other DE is about 6' 3" 220 lbs. who also didn't play, and he comes off the bench. The starting D line last night had two 270 lbs. guys, Williams and Guinn. Incredible size in the front 7.

That is good size. The MLB looks to be pretty tall

The four big dawgs went 4-0 outscoring their opponents 177-17 with Eastern View and Louisa getting shutouts. All four teams lost talent, so its nice to see the progress. Hope it stays this way. Makes for a fun season. Enjoying our discussions too. Just good old football talk. Monacans new qb had a night!
Fun fact, QB Stone Snyder and Brandon Smith do combine training with the same coach. Lots of good stuff said about Snyder in preseason. That's a big kid, he was on the money in his news highlights. Does he have offers yet?

And I can't believe a Richmond station went all the way to Courtland to cover the game, and showed more than 2 plays.

https://www.wric.com/sports/high-sc...unty-35-courtland-0_20180825032837/1394447324

FNE highlights: http://www.cbs19news.com/content/misc/FNEFootball-Scoreboard--Week-1-491688861.html

Last edited:
Fun fact, QB Stone Snyder and Brandon Smith do combine training with the same coach. Lots of good stuff said about Snyder in preseason. That's a big kid, he was on the money in his news highlights. Does he have offers yet?

And I can't believe a Richmond station went all the way to Courtland to cover the game, and showed more than 2 plays.

https://www.wric.com/sports/high-sc...unty-35-courtland-0_20180825032837/1394447324

FNE highlights: http://www.cbs19news.com/content/misc/FNEFootball-Scoreboard--Week-1-491688861.html

Yes he does but all for Linebacker... if he keeps it up he may get some looks for QB. He was injured last year most of the season so unfortunately we never got to see a big body of work at LB. Also, our other stud backer (Tanner Addams) may be out for the season with a dislocated elbow from our final Scrimmage. This is a Huge loss! Also, our strong safety Arturo Mendoza is out with a pulled Hammy. He is also our best reciever. He played a good game against Louisa last year! Hope he can come back soon. We are riddled with injuries right now.

@anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b Hey i'm right here. Just so you know I'm not a courtland guy lol, not a louisa guy either. If anything I am a battlefield district guy. I was waiting to watch it on the local channel because i wasn't able to go to the game because of work. I felt like i wasn't able to give a complete opinion on the game if i wasn't there. I definitely had my doubts about louisa but from the papers and reading what yall have to say about the game, its seems like they are right where they left off. Glad I got friday off this week to watch eastern view,

Reactions: OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT