ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL: Massaponax 15 Courtland 14

Side note, can we get the Scoreboard message board moved to the top please? I think it'll be harder for fans to find it with it all the way at the bottom.

Side note, can we get the Scoreboard message board moved to the top please? I think it'll be harder for fans to find it with it all the way at the bottom.
No, I pushed for the change to have it moved to the bottom. I like it there.

Massaponax drives to the Courtland goalline, but fumble the ball away on a bad snap. Cougars take over with 3 minutes remaining in the half.

Massaponax drives the field to start the second half but sputters and kicks another field goal. 14-6 Courtland midway through the 3rd.

Cramping settling in for Courtland as Massaponax finally busts a long, 50+ yard run, BUT it's taken back for holding. Still 14-6 with 11:45 to go in the game.

After trading punts, Courtland fumbles another snap and gives Ponax the ball in good field position with 4 minutes remaining.

Ponax scores on a 34 yard run two plays later, BUT Courtland stuffs the two-point conversion. 14-12 Cougars with 3:39 left!

Courtland attempts to run out the clock but fumbles again! Ponax takes over at the Cougar 42 with 1:48 left!

Very controversial ending! Courtland holds Ponax to a 4th down, but the clock stops even though the Ponax receiver caught the pass! No timeout was called! It stopped long enough to allow Ponax to set up and kick a FG as time expired and made it! Ponax wins 15-14!

Fun game. Both had their sloppy moments. Unusual for both. Both made some plays when they needed them. Thanks for posting the updates. It will be interesting to see the story in the FLS tomorrow. GL on Friday.

Oh. How long was that final FG?

Last edited:
Very controversial ending! Courtland holds Ponax to a 4th down, but the clock stops even though the Ponax receiver caught the pass! No timeout was called! It stopped long enough to allow Ponax to set up and kick a FG as time expired and made it! Ponax wins 15-14!

A player's helmet came off. Automatic stoppage of clock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT