ADVERTISEMENT

Final....Pulaski Co.56 Patrick Henry 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

greyfox60

VaPreps Varsity
Jul 30, 2001
Pulaski County starting quarterback out for at least the first half and starting running back out for game.

Pulaski County starting quarterback out for at least the first half and starting running back out for game.

Do you know what the problem is there? Isn’t this the second or third game that those two have had to sit out a portion of the game?

Do you know what the problem is there? Isn’t this the second or third game that those two have had to sit out a portion of the game?
I'm just a fan in the stands but going from what I was told and my understanding of that it is about not showing up for school and or practice. It's the second time that the coach has sit them that I'm aware of. These are 16/17 year old kids and sometimes they just have to learn. They cannot be forced to practice. Now after Friday's game and in my opinion they're both on thin ice and at least one of them has got cracks under his feet if he hadn't already fell through. I believe it was shown in the first half Friday that there was others that are willing to put the work effort in and are capable. Pulaski's main concern is special teams giving up too much return yardage.

I'm just a fan in the stands but going from what I was told and my understanding of that it is about not showing up for school and or practice. It's the second time that the coach has sit them that I'm aware of. These are 16/17 year old kids and sometimes they just have to learn. They cannot be forced to practice. Now after Friday's game and in my opinion they're both on thin ice and at least one of them has got cracks under his feet if he hadn't already fell through. I believe it was shown in the first half Friday that there was others that are willing to put the work effort in and are capable. Pulaski's main concern is special teams giving up too much return yardage.
Unfortunately the cycle has been going on with players not showing up to practice. Shame because we have a great group that shows up everyday and play's and practice like supposed to. Once the coach allows it and allows them to play it makes it worse on team. I hope we don't waste opportunity.

Wow, if he wasn’t eligible then how is he playing? What do you think happened? Please enlighten us.
An ineligible player cost Broad Run their first victory this year up here in Loudoun County. They self reported themselves I think. That is Broad Run's lone blemish on their record. If there is an ineligible player playing and it is proven then I believe every game that player participated in will become a loss?

Well I'm also a Pulaski person and I haven't heard of it so like the guy says please Enlighten us...... if this is true then I'll be the first to say it should not happen.
Now with that said I would also like to point out that is many people that hate Pulaski if that was true and so widely known as you say, I believe it would have done leaked out!!

Well i hope the cougars are full throttle fri becasuse i would like both teams to have all there players so there's no excuses on either side .....so i hope they get to play all 4

Reactions: OCBoy
Blacksburg and Pulaski's JV tomorrow night at 6 at Bill Brown, Come on up Salem fans.

Well i hope the cougars are full throttle fri becasuse i would like both teams to have all there players so there's no excuses on either side .....so i hope they get to play all 4
I will go out on a limb and say ALL P.C. players will suit up and play Friday.

From the Roanoke Times article about the game:

"Pulaski County starting quarterback Kade Akers did not play in the first half because of a “coach’s decision” by James. Akers’ backup A.J. McCloud, however, stepped up big on the Cougars’ second possession."

From the Roanoke Times article about the game:

"Pulaski County starting quarterback Kade Akers did not play in the first half because of a “coach’s decision” by James. Akers’ backup A.J. McCloud, however, stepped up big on the Cougars’ second possession."

He (Akers) and the other player decided they were going to "skip" practice for the second time this year. They previously had to sit for the Christiansburg game for skipping practice that week as well. As I have stated before the culture at Pulaski County has changed and not for the better. The lack of discipline (not talent) has been a continual problem at PC since Jones arrived on the scene and James has continued the same lack of discipline and/or leadership. This will ultimately be as I have said the reason they are not going to be a factor in the playoffs against a well coached and quality team. Just as they have not been a factor during the regular season this season and past seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT