ADVERTISEMENT

Final Pulaski County 17 GW Danville 14

greyfox60

VaPreps Varsity
Jul 30, 2001
Pulaski County scored first on a 66-yard drive then Ryan Castle hit a 46 yard field goal to make it a 10-0 lead. GW Danville got on the board and went for two but stopped at the one. Danville gets the ball first to start second half

Danville drives to open second half scores, goes for two and gets it to take the lead

Great game by both teams. I see GW being a tough team to beat the next couple of years, especially if they can find a few big linemen to go with all the skill players they have.

Yeah where is the guy that had them basically state champs back in August? I remember he had a lot of video of players or like he said "dogs"?
And you are? And who’s your team??? I think someone else said this before every year during this time new posters want to talk that haven’t been seen all season!!!

I guess you are that guy? No big deal. Did you go to game? Did they have a chance to win or did PC play a great game?

Last edited:
Yeah where is the guy that had them basically state champs back in August? I remember he had a lot of video of players or like he said "dogs"?
I’m not trying to stir the pot I was just curious as to what happened.

Reactions: Gen54
I’m not trying to stir the pot I was just curious as to what happened.
Pulaski came with an excellent defensive game plan against us! Our offensive play calling(IMO) was just not the same as it was in the beginning of the year! GW ran 1 misdirection play and scored! Our defense actually played great! Pulaski put together 2 good scoring drives! You just can’t stop a kicker that makes 46 yard FG’s that’s a good weapon to have! We didn’t have an experienced kicker this year which hurt! Because with less than 2 min left in the game GW did drive the ball all the way down to the 19 yard line to potentially win the game or a FG attempt! I wish I could speak to you personally and I could really explain what the problem is without getting banned from here!! My email address is Lewis91877@yahoo.com

Reactions: OCBoy
@aw19752 I'm pretty sure you are a Pulaski guy. I don't have a problem with you pumping up your team, but don't troll on the team that lost. @Lewis918777 is not the Danville guy that you are talking about, he's not on the board anymore.

Lewis, feel free to make comments about your opinion on GW, just don't take any shots at Pulaski or AW19752.

Reactions: OCBoy
@aw19752 I'm pretty sure you are a Pulaski guy. I don't have a problem with you pumping up your team, but don't troll on the team that lost. @Lewis918777 is not the Danville guy that you are talking about, he's not on the board anymore.

Lewis, feel free to make comments about your opinion on GW, just don't take any shots at Pulaski or AW19752.
Pulaski did an excellent job!! I love my team but I will keep my opinion off the board lol!! I’m still eating crow lol.

Pulaski is definitely a tough team. Good luck to them moving forward. I'm kind of torn between them and Blacksburg because they are both RRD teams. I would love to see this one in person as long as it's not raining!

Reactions: greyfox60 and OCBoy

Hey Mike I'm not sure that AW19752 is a Pulaski fan, I don't remember seeing him posting much of anything concerning Pulaski.
Lewis has been nothing but respectful from what I can tell. He just has a full mouth of crow feathers......lol. Have no problem with him.

Pulaski came with an excellent defensive game plan against us! Our offensive play calling(IMO) was just not the same as it was in the beginning of the year! GW ran 1 misdirection play and scored! Our defense actually played great! Pulaski put together 2 good scoring drives! You just can’t stop a kicker that makes 46 yard FG’s that’s a good weapon to have! We didn’t have an experienced kicker this year which hurt! Because with less than 2 min left in the game GW did drive the ball all the way down to the 19 yard line to potentially win the game or a FG attempt! I wish I could speak to you personally and I could really explain what the problem is without getting banned from here!! My email address is Lewis91877@yahoo.com
Gw at the end of the year kinda reminds me of MV. It just seemed it was so hard to put points on the board. Mv just had alot of vanilla play calling, and other teams defense just took the speed and athleticism out of the game.. which MV had a big turnover issue this year, they could drive but not finish. When i seen GW it looked about the same just vanilla play calling and not mixing it up. It was a strange year though with all the delays and rain. I think it was a HS football game on every day of the week except sunday this year. Just seemed different this year

Reactions: Lewis918777
I do have 1 question for you @mike salem Are the bands allowed to play while your team is on offense?
Salem's band is very good about not playing when the other team's offense is getting lined up or getting into their cadence. Unfortunately the band does play when Salem is on offense and getting lined up/snapping the ball. The will intentionally stop playing in the middle of their song if the other team is starting to get lined up but if they have the ball they always feel like they have to completely finish the song. To be honest its infuriating but they have been doing that for years.

Hey Mike I'm not sure that AW19752 is a Pulaski fan, I don't remember seeing him posting much of anything concerning Pulaski.
Lewis has been nothing but respectful from what I can tell. He just has a full mouth of crow feathers......lol. Have no problem with him.
Thanks Greyfox. You are 100% correct. I've never been to Pulaski in my life so no need to support. I just remembered that one guy saying GW had dogs on their team and posted a bunch of non game videos and official GW threads. Not trolling just stirring the pot a little.

Reactions: greyfox60
Sorry @Lewis918777 if you thought my comments were pointed at you. You noticed from the beginning I said "Where is the guy?" because I wasn't sure who it was.

Reactions: Lewis918777
Thanks DP I believe it's an uphill battle from here for us. And good luck with your team, you guys had me wondering earlier today....lol
We were all worried. The team was pretty flat in the first half. But, Courtland definitely played Courtland football. Ball control, grind it out offense. Their opening drive took 7:12 off the clock and resulted in a touchdown. There was a lot more fire in the General's belly after halftime, but Courtland gave us a game.

I've been home for three Friday nights in a row. My wife is suspicious. Two Thursday night games and a Saturday game. I sure wish the weather would give all of us a break.

Thanks Greyfox. You are 100% correct. I've never been to Pulaski in my life so no need to support. I just remembered that one guy saying GW had dogs on their team and posted a bunch of non game videos and official GW threads. Not trolling just stirring the pot a little.

If I recall correctly, you are a poster from Winchester area correct?

I saw some film of GW earlier in the season and they certainly looked like they had the "goods" to make a deeper run. You never know what happens when a team faces adversity and has to make a stand or recover from a big play. It's extremely difficult to diagnose problems, but it appears they needed a boost defensively and it just didn't happen enough. How many times have you seen a team needing a "shot in the arm" and it didn't happen? Stinks for sure, but they always seem to develop talent that puts them square in people's minds.

Not a shot or anything, actually curious. Without seeing them, have no idea aside from what read on here.

I thought before season the talk was with everything returning that GW would have an extremely prolific offense, but may have to outscore everyone like the talk with JF. Did they suffer injuries or something, it seems the defense was the strong part of team recently

I saw some film of GW earlier in the season and they certainly looked like they had the "goods" to make a deeper run. You never know what happens when a team faces adversity and has to make a stand or recover from a big play. It's extremely difficult to diagnose problems, but it appears they needed a boost defensively and it just didn't happen enough. How many times have you seen a team needing a "shot in the arm" and it didn't happen? Stinks for sure, but they always seem to develop talent that puts them square in people's minds.
I don’t follow GW closely, but how much did the flooding that happened in Danville effect the Eagles? I know it effected numerous teams with scheduling and practices but it seems that’s when they started to slip a little bit. Again I know many teams faced similar challenges, but it seemed to have a negative effect on them.

No issues here! I can't say if injuries or lack of production was a cause. Crazy stuff with HS football, some teams underperform and I bet that sticks in their craw! Some coaches can live with over-achievers and many can stomach getting dominated, but most of them lose hoirs of sleep when they have all the tools and come.up.short.

GW’s lost to Pulaski has gotten way too deep for me! The City of Danville is lashing out on Facebook! The same questions people are asking on here Danville are looking for answers!! I’m a fan but this has gotten too serious for me! It’s all fun until you take it too far so I’m done for now! These are teenagers not paid athletes!

ADVERTISEMENT