ADVERTISEMENT

Final-Region D Playoff Pairings for Next Week

Fairlawncat

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 24, 2018
Southwest District = SWD
Mountain 7 District = M7

SWD 1 Seed Graham hosts M7 4 Seed Lee High and the winner of this game plays the winner of M7 2 Seed Union hosts SWD 3 Seed Va High

The winner of the two games above will play for the region title against the winner of the two games below......

M7 1 Seed Central-Wise hosts SWD 4 Seed Tazewell and the winner of this game plays the winner of SWD 2 Seed Richlands hosts M7 3 Seed Ridgeview

The Region Title Game is hosted by the team with the highest power rating, not their playoff seeding.

Predictions for 2nd round match-up?
I say Graham/Union and Central/Ridgeview.
Pretty solid prediction. Graham is getting shafted by being the #1 seed and not getting to play a lower seed in round 2, but it is what it is. One way or another, they would have to get past Union and Central.

Pretty solid prediction. Graham is getting shafted by being the #1 seed and not getting to play a lower seed in round 2, but it is what it is. One way or another, they would have to get past Union and Central.
Had we done top 8 by PPs, Graham would have most likely gotten Union in the 2nd round anyways. At the very least, Ridgeview.

I'm looking forward to a rematch in Rd 2 with the GMen, but mostly glad for a new opponent in Rd 1.

Week 2 is bring your A-game nomatter witch team you play.
Week 2 is go big or go home! Any of the remaining teams who don’t bring their A game & limit mistakes will be spectators. One thing for certain, whichever team wins Region D will probably be more battle tested than most 2A teams heading into the semis.

Week 2 is go big or go home! Any of the remaining teams who don’t bring their A game & limit mistakes will be spectators. One thing for certain, whichever team wins Region D will probably be more battle tested than most 2A teams heading into the semis.
I agree, but would add Region A. Region A is legit this year. King William, Nottoway, and Poquoson are all very, very good football teams. They don't have the Big 4 like Graham, Union, Central, and Ridgeview, but their 3 can certainly stack up with every other regions top 3. Also, TJ of Richmond isn't bad either.

2C is stout at the top as well with Glenvar, Appomattox and Radford. 2B has Draft and a Buckingham team people expect a lot out of. It seems to be the weakest region overall but who knows. We gonna find out soon lol.

Reactions: GrahamHighGmen
Of course I am going to pick my team over Mater Dei, but everyone seems to be dismissing the top 2 Bull Run teams.

Central Woodstock had 1 loss, to Clarke County.

Clarke had 1 loss, to Meridian, the top seed in 3B, a 7 point loss. Meridian lost to Kettle Run (9-1) and Brentsville (8-2).

Reactions: BCKnights
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT