ADVERTISEMENT

Final Score from Historic Mitchell Stadium in Bluefield, West Virginia

Apr 12, 2021
Graham G-Men gouge Pulaski County Cougars 41-14. Jonathan Shockley started at QB for Graham and threw two TD passes to Chris Edwards. Sean Hughes, Jamel Floyd, Tristan Haas and freshman Daniel Jennings rotated at RB for the G-Men. Dylan Nash connected on 5 of 6 PAT's. Brayden Meadows and Ty'Drez Clements did not play on offense. Graham moves to 8-0 and will stay on top in Region 2D. Pulaski fall to 4-4 on the season.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
I watched this one on the computer. Pulaski had some flashes with that wing T, but Graham was just too much. The late touchdown run by Pulaski with under a minute left on Graham's backups made the final score a bit more respectable.

We looked pretty good, but got to cut down on penalties. I think we had 120 yds in penalties or something like that. Not a bad outing though without the starting QB and without what is likely going to be a first team all state running back.

Other than the penalties, Graham was pretty spot on most of the night. I just think the defense is one of the best in SWVA. Snake & Rex got those boys clicking on all cylinders & that's without their best LB, Meadows. I wondered how they would handle an offense where QB is under center, they hadn't faced a team that does that but they performed well. Pulaski had several self destructive moments that also helped GMen.

Graham has a good offense for sure, but their defense is very good for a 2A team. Of they go deep into the playoffs, they will be carried there by their defense.

Made my way to Mitchell stadium for the first time since I played there in 98, to check out Graham. Those that support Pulaski (I live in Pulaski, not from Pulaski) are hoping over the next few years these young kids grow up some. A lot of young kids on the lines and outside of a couple of guys, very FEW weapons. When Pulaski has played anyone with a decent team, they have struggled to move the ball. Their wins are against winless Northside, winless Blacksburg, 2 win Hidden Valley, and a 3 win Bluefield team. 3 major fumbles, a blunder on kickoff, and a dropped pick six didn't help the cause. Pulaski may have the smallest play book in the region.. I know they have limited athletes, but against better competition - you have to have more looks. Graham had most everyone on D within a couple of yards of the line of scrimmage. No fear of a passing game. Graham played in the cold much better. Pulaski seemed to let it bother them.
Graham needs to clean up the after the whistle stuff. I understand emotion, but you cannot be crushing a team and get caught up in the back and forth that goes on during games. Way too many penalties. Also, there was a nice Lebron Flop on the sideline lol. At first I was embarrassed for the kid, but then I had to be impressed on the acting job. Go full tilt or not at all....

Also, shoutout to #1 on the Gmen defense. My 3 year old learned two new words that start with S and B. Cursing happens on the field all the time... but my man, your voice carries very well!

Last edited:
Also, shoutout to #1 on the Gmen defense. My 3 year old learned two new words that start with S and B. Cursing happens on the filed all the time... but my man, your voice carries very well!
I have ALWAYS had to control myself from laughing out loud when I hear a toddler cuss in the proper context! It's wrong, but at least the kid knows how a curse is supposed to be used!!!😎

I have ALWAYS had to control myself from laughing out loud when I hear a toddler cuss in the proper context! It's wrong, but at least the kid knows how a curse is supposed to be used!!!😎

Agree, my 5 year old was sitting at the top of the stairs one night while we were watching a show. We had no idea. The next morning she asked my wife what F%$# meant. Classic.

• Haha
Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Made my way to Mitchell stadium for the first time since I played there in 98, to check out Graham. Those that support Pulaski (I live in Pulaski, not from Pulaski) are hoping over the next few years these young kids grow up some. A lot of young kids on the lines and outside of a couple of guys, very FEW weapons. When Pulaski has played anyone with a decent team, they have struggled to move the ball. Their wins are against winless Northside, winless Blacksburg, 2 win Hidden Valley, and a 3 win Bluefield team. 3 major fumbles, a blunder on kickoff, and a dropped pick six didn't help the cause. Pulaski may have the smallest play book in the region.. I know they have limited athletes, but against better competition - you have to have more looks. Graham had most everyone on D within a couple of yards of the line of scrimmage. No fear of a passing game. Graham played in the cold much better. Pulaski seemed to let it bother them.
Graham needs to clean up the after the whistle stuff. I understand emotion, but you cannot be crushing a team and get caught up in the back and forth that goes on during games. Way too many penalties. Also, there was a nice Lebron Flop on the sideline lol. At first I was embarrassed for the kid, but then I had to be impressed on the acting job. Go full tilt or not at all....

Also, shoutout to #1 on the Gmen defense. My 3 year old learned two new words that start with S and B. Cursing happens on the field all the time... but my man, your voice carries very well!
It will be interesting to see participation numbers the next couple years at PC if Akers is still HC. He left Auburn in bad shape. Year by year, participation dropped off badly under him. Kids just did not like playing for him. PC may be large enough to overcome that to a certain point.

It will be interesting to see participation numbers the next couple years at PC if Akers is still HC. He left Auburn in bad shape. Year by year, participation dropped off badly under him. Kids just did not like playing for him. PC may be large enough to overcome that to a certain point.
Participation at Pulaski has been awful the last few years. When Dixon came in, a lot of kids either quit or didn't come out. He is a tough coach to play for, but obviously a good coach when you look at Galax's success. Kids there did not respond well to it. Say what you will about the toughness of kids now a days. Right or wrong. Looking in the stands on a Friday nights, you can count a lot of kids that would help this team. For whatever reasons a lot of kids are not playing.

As for Cam...I have heard mixed things. I think he needs to let someone else run the offense. I hope they focus on retaining younger kids in the program. I can see a possibility where Pulaski is "good" again in 2-3 years. We will see.

I cannot judge Cam at Auburn, as I just do not know the situation. I can only say.. Auburn has been bad at football for a long time with a couple of decent years sprinkled in here and there. Revolving door at head coach.

I think the best quality in a coach is self awareness. Understanding your weaknesses and such. Time will tell. He doesn't have the best team to work with now, but you can adjust to put your team in good positions to make plays and limit penalties.

Participation at Pulaski has been awful the last few years. When Dixon came in, a lot of kids either quit or didn't come out. He is a tough coach to play for, but obviously a good coach when you look at Galax's success. Kids there did not respond well to it. Say what you will about the toughness of kids now a days. Right or wrong. Looking in the stands on a Friday nights, you can count a lot of kids that would help this team. For whatever reasons a lot of kids are not playing.

As for Cam...I have heard mixed things. I think he needs to let someone else run the offense. I hope they focus on retaining younger kids in the program. I can see a possibility where Pulaski is "good" again in 2-3 years. We will see.

I cannot judge Cam at Auburn, as I just do not know the situation. I can only say.. Auburn has been bad at football for a long time with a couple of decent years sprinkled in here and there. Revolving door at head coach.

I think the best quality in a coach is self awareness. Understanding your weaknesses and such. Time will tell. He doesn't have the best team to work with now, but you can adjust to put your team in good positions to make plays and limit penalties.
I don't know the situation at PC. Got a couple friends from there who give their opinions. They said Dixon put in a mandatory 6am weight lifting program. I'm sure that wasn't a big problem at small city school like Galax. Every kid lived within 10 minutes of the school. But a large county school like PC, you got guys that aren't going to get up at 4:30 every morning year round to do that. And the travel issues for the guys without cars or drivers license yet. They said a lot of guys quit playing over that. Maybe you have more insight on that.

I don't know the situation at PC. Got a couple friends from there who give their opinions. They said Dixon put in a mandatory 6am weight lifting program. I'm sure that wasn't a big problem at small city school like Galax. Every kid lived within 10 minutes of the school. But a large county school like PC, you got guys that aren't going to get up at 4:30 every morning year round to do that. And the travel issues for the guys without cars or drivers license yet. They said a lot of guys quit playing over that. Maybe you have more insight on that.

Yes, I know there was a program established early AM that first summer he arrived. As far as mandatory, I am not 100% sure the guidelines. That first summer there were a lot of kids who played the year before that did not play in the fall. Thinking back to the early 2000's when I played elsewhere, we had summer early AM workouts. They were not allowed to be mandatory, but you were better off showing up if you know what I mean.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT