ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL: Sherando 21 - Martinsburg (WV) 14

Shruikan

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 2, 2010
Despite amassing more false start penalties than I've ever seen, Sherando overcame a 14-0 deficit to get their first ever win over the Bulldogs.

Reactions: mike salem
BOOM! Yes to many penaltys ! But second half Warriors D and O line took over this game. And much better pass coverage after the first quarter. Nice win for the Warriors! And what a great game to watch in the 4th quarter

Reactions: mike salem
I don't know what Coach Hall did to them in the locker room, but wow did it make a difference. A completely different team came out and just smothered Martinsburg in the second half.

I think the difference was the punishing Oline just really wore the dogs out in the 4thq. When Sherando went hurry up offense it was just to much.

This Martinsburg team is not a team of old ... they are rebuilding but a good win for the Warriors.

Review Coach Walker's comments about game in Friday's preview of the game:

Game Of The Week — Warriors Face Test Against Martinsburg
Posted: September 4, 2015

By ROBERT NIEDZWIECKI

The Winchester Star

55e91e49-1440-45d1-8db9-60a4b68152da.jpg

Sherando quarterback Pat Minteer threw for 135 yards and a touchdown in the Warriors’ 35-7 win over Louisa County last Friday night. The Warriors host Martinsburg (W.Va.) in their home opener tonight. (Photo by Scott Mason/The Winchester Star)
55e91e49-d7a4-4949-9de5-60a4b68152da.jpg

Sherando junior Dylan Rivers had three catches for 120 yards and a touchdown in the Warriors’ 35-7 win over Louisa County last Friday. (Photo by Scott Mason/The Winchester Star)

WINCHESTER — This year’s Martinsburg (W.Va.) football team isn’t as big as Sherando’s seen in the past, and they’re definitely not as experienced.

But the Warriors know full well they’re going to have to be even better than they were in last week’s impressive 35-7 win over Louisa County when the Bulldogs come to Arrowhead Stadium tonight for a 7 p.m. kickoff.

Martinsburg — which won four consecutive Class AAA state championships from 2010-13 — has defeated Sherando all four times the two schools have played since 2011. The Bulldogs have shut out the Warriors three times in that span, including 26-0 last year in Martinsburg.

“They have a great tradition [at Martinsburg],” Sherando coach Bill Hall said. “That coupled with the fact that they suffered a tough loss last week, you’re really going to see their true character this week. We’re going to get their best shot, without a doubt.

“That’s the mark of a champion, and we expect that from them. That’s the way we need to measure ourselves, against the best.”

Martinsburg (0-1) lost 26-24 to H.D. Woodson (D.C.) last week for just its fifth defeat in the last five years. Woodson — which routinely features Division I prospects — scored the game-winning touchdown with 7:24 left on a 59-yard pass.

The Bulldogs lost 25 seniors from last year’s team, and Martinsburg coach Dave Walker said he returns only four starters on offense and two on defense. Though only a couple play on both sides of the ball, Walker said he’s starting seven sophomores and one freshman.

And the Bulldogs might not have the services of senior quarterback/linebacker Carter Walburn tonight, who was removed from the first half of the Woodson game last week because he’s still dealing with the effects of an injury to his left (non-throwing) shoulder that he suffered in a preseason scrimmage.

Sophomore backup Tyson Bagent isn’t the dual passing/running threat that Walburn is, but Walker felt he played solidly last week in completing 14 of 28 passes for 132 yards and two TDs, including one for 25 yards. Even if Walburn (game-time decision) is healthy, Bagent will still receive playing time.

Based on recent history, Sherando (1-0) will need to hold Martinsburg’s offense down to give itself a chance to win. And based on last week, the Warriors are more than capable.

Against a Louisa County team that returned eight starters from last year’s playoff team — including everyone from an offensive line that had three players who weighed at least 285 pounds — Sherando surrendered a mere 122 yards. The only points the Warriors allowed came with 3:19 left in the game with Sherando up 35-0.

“I think what stood out the most is that we took it to them from the opening whistle,” Sherando senior defensive end and offensive tackle Kyle Warren said. “We didn’t hold anything back, and everybody was doing their job. Because we did that, [Louisa] didn’t have an answer for our defense.”

Hall agreed that the Warriors did a great job of executing their assignments against Louisa’s single wing. Facing Martinsburg’s spread offense will be a lot different, but the basic approach won’t change.

“No matter [which quarterback] is in the game and what they’re doing, we just have to do our job and run to the football,” Sherando two-way lineman Ben Avery said. “We cover up so many mistakes when we run to the football.”

The Bulldogs lost their top three running backs from last year, but they still have a deep group to turn to. Walker said Dylan Dove and Dakota Coleman will likely get most of the carries tonight.

Though Martinsburg uses multiple defenses, one includes a 3-3 odd stack, a formation that the Warriors also saw last week with Louisa.

“The fact that we’ve seen it and practiced against it before allowed us to focus on some other things they may do defensively,” Hall said.

Sherando didn’t feel it played as well on offense as it did on defense last week against Louisa, but Warren said that’s not altogether surprising.

“Defense is more, ‘Get your keys and go,’” Warren said. “Offense, you have to learn what to do on different plays, study different looks ... it’s more mental offensively than it is defensively. But we’ve been working on getting better this week offensively, and I think we’re going to come out better up front [on the line].”

Sherando did receive a breakout rushing performance from senior D.J. Myers, who rushed 14 times for 139 yards and three TDs against Louisa.

Though the rest of the Warriors’ running backs combined for just six carries (that total does not include the five by Dylan Rivers, who also plays tight and wide receiver), Hall said Myers won’t necessarily carry the ball the vast majority of the time every game even though he felt Myers played well. For example, junior Cordell Peterson did not carry the ball last week because of his defensive responsibilities as a safety, but he’s still in the mix as a running back.

Walker said turnovers, untimely penalties and big plays played a big role in his young team’s defeat last week. The Bulldogs gave up three touchdown passes of 40-plus yards, so Walker said Martinsburg needs to make sure they’re always aware of Dylan Rivers (three catches for 120 yards and a TD), and can’t let strong-armed quarterback Pat Minteer get comfortable.

Walker said he expects Martinsburg to play better this week after stressing the importance of minimizing mistakes. The Warriors would be fine with that, because while they’ve had their problems with the Bulldogs in the past, they want to be tested.

“I don’t like playing easy games,” Warren said. “I like playing good competition and having someone who’s pushing me to make me better.”

Sherando Rallies To End Four-Game Skid Against Martinsburg
Posted: September 5, 2015

By ROBERT NIEDZWIECKI

The Winchester Star

55ea76d2-6884-413b-8b39-67cfb68152da.jpg

Sherando’s linebacker Tyler Tinsman and safety Travis Ferraro tackle Martinsburg wide receiver Jake Rager in the Warriors’ 21-14 victory over Martinsburg at Arrowhead Stadium in Stephens City on Friday night. (Photo by Jeff Taylor/The Winchester Star)
55ea76d2-eb2c-47ca-83d7-67cfb68152da.jpg

Sherando running back Cordell Peterson scored the go-ahead touchdown, a 3-yard score with 3:05 left to play, in the Warriors’ 21-14 victory over Martinsburg on Friday night. (Photo by Jeff Taylor/The Winchester Star)

STEPHENS CITY — With 2:20 to go, Sherando holding a seven-point lead, and Martinsburg (W.Va.) about to take the field for a fourth-and-6 following a timeout, Sherando senior quarterback Pat Minteer turned to a bystander on the sidelines and said, “It doesn’t get any better than this.”

He then added, “My stomach’s the size of a pea right now, though.”

Minteer and his stomach suffered through eight more plays of agony as the Bulldogs converted that fourth down and moved down the field.

But that anxiety — and the adversity Sherando overcame to finally take the lead — just made the Warriors’ joy that much sweeter when the game was over and the fireworks exploded against the Stephens City sky.

Sherando safeties Travis Ferraro and Cordell Peterson stopped Martinsburg wide receiver Isaac Brown two yards short of the goal line on fourth-and-goal from the Warrior 14 with 50 seconds left, and the Warriors went on to a 21-14 victory against the Bulldogs at Arrowhead Stadium Friday night.

“Tonight wasn’t pretty by any means,” said Minteer, moments after one of the many hugs exchanged between Sherando’s players after being addressed by Warriors coach Bill Hall. “But I’m so proud of our guys, it’s ridiculous.”

Sherando junior tight end/linebacker Dylan Rivers echoed those sentiments.

“If you don’t know what adversity is, that was adversity,” Rivers said. “Our whole team just turned it around, and turned it up. I’m so proud.”

Sherando (2-0) lost all four meetings against Martinsburg (0-2) from 2011-14, and did so while being outscored by an aggregate 98-13. Three of those Sherando defeats were shutouts.

Early on, it looked like Sherando was heading to its fifth defeat in five years. The Warriors fell behind 14-0 after 14 minutes, had three turnovers in the first half, and at the end of three quarters they had amassed 12 penalties (10 for false starts) and trailed 14-7.

But on offense in the fourth quarter, Sherando switched to an up-tempo, no-huddle approach.

Minteer (11 of 19 for 181 yards, 2 TDS, 2 INTs) threw a 21-yard touchdown pass to sophomore Aaron Banks with 7:27 left to cut Sherando’s deficit to 14-13 (the extra point sailed wide left).

And after forcing a punt and taking over at the Martinsburg 41 with 5:07 left, the Warriors scored eight plays later on a three-yard touchdown run by Peterson with 3:05 left to go up 19-14, with Rivers’ two-point conversion run making it 21-14 with 3:05 left. Earlier in the drive, Rivers’ one-handed 12-yard catch on fourth-and-10 advanced the ball to the Bulldog 29.

The Warriors then watched Martinsburg drive 14 plays in 58 yards and convert two fourth downs — one as a result of a pass interference penalty — but Sherando stood strong. Brown was flattened almost immediately after catching a slant from quarterback Tyson Bagent (22 of 45 for 224 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT).

Sherando coach Bill Hall — who did well to hold off assistant coach Tim Farris’ attempt to lift him off the ground at the end of game — said the Warriors showed great character Friday.

“It definitely wasn’t a clean game on our part,” Hall said. “We were staying behind the chains, we weren’t staying on schedule [because of penalties], and that’s why we switched it up there at the end and went no-huddle. We wanted to do something to change the tempo, and we had some great third- and fourth-down conversions.

“Football’s not always going to be pretty, especially when you play against a great team. We talk about responding [to adversity] all the time, and that’s what played out tonight.”

The Warriors had players step up all over, whether it was veterans like senior running back D.J. Myers (24 carries for 149 yards) or freshman Isaiah Allen, Sherando’s third-string center who was pressed into action in the fourth quarter on a night when injuries and cramping were an issue. (Starting center Ben Avery did not dress for the second half.)

After getting burned by Bagent repeatedly early — he completed 10 of his first 11 passes for 149 yards — Sherando went from one high safety to two to better combat Martinsburg’s speed, and Bagent completed just 11 of his final 34 attempts for 75 yards while throwing one interception.

Martinsburg coach David Walker also gave credit to Sherando’s strength along the defensive front, as the Bulldogs managed only 25 yards on 17 carries. (Dual-threat quarterback Carter Walburn was not available because of injury.)

Sherando’s players are not looking forward to Monday. The Warriors committed 14 penalties for 100 yards, and they said the more penalties they commit, the more conditioning drills they’re forced to do.

But the weekend will be spectacular.

“Just the word ‘Martinsburg’ has haunted us,” Minteer said. “Just to finally overcome Martinsburg, to finally overcome that mountain, is overwhelming.”

Also for Sherando, Joey Weaver had a 72-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter.

Yeh well the Sherando team isn't the tem of old either, still a nice win, and no reason to take away from a nice victory.

They unleashed them on Louisa instead last weekend, saved it against Martinsburg last night. I don't ever think I ever said that about the game last night. You bored Hoos?

We really didn't use all our diversity or weapons , save that for Martinsburg next week which will be a very tough game.
That's from last week, and you used the phrase "too many weapons" a few weeks ago. Louisa was that bad. Don't switch up your statements now! Maybe you forgot, or maybe too many celebratory drinks?

Last edited:
Reactions: VerizonSportsFan
Sherando should dominate just about every major sport as they are the largest school within the Frederick County Metro area. The word on the street is that the 4th country HS will not take place until 2020 now due to Rutherford Crossing delays caused by the BOS. Will be very interesting to see how they "wiggle" the numbers this time to prevent them from going into 5A like they did last time to prevent themselves going into Triple A when there was only 3 classes in moving 60 problem students into James Wood's zone.

Handley population base reflects an inner city school system and will be down for several years until the Daniel Morgan Middle School football program gets through it's 3rd year of coming back. James Wood ... just a very diverse wide open farm land area that will never see major housing developments. Millbrook is comparable to Sherando with being a close knit community but the Stephens City area is the hot bed for development.

For year 2014-2015 ... Sherando had 1,488.

Who cares who cares lol verizon fan. What does this have to do with Sherando beating Martinsburg? take a couple hundred kids away from Sherando and give them to James wood, or Millbrook and Sherando would still trounce them in football. and no Sherando would never have to many weapons for Martinsburg. But as we saw, to many for Louisa. Still,waiting for where you said I said we have to many weapons for Martinsburg Hoos? Where was it? Don't you still have Courtland to lose to this week to worry about?

I didn't say you said you have too many weapons "for Martinsburg". You said you would save all your weapons for Martinsburg, as I quoted, when you really don't have many. Tell me who was successful last night that didn't do anything against Louisa. That Louisa defense would make Spotsylvania look good.

I will tell you who looked great! the offensive and Defensive line was dominant, that's about 8 guys. Amongst many other players. Rivers,was double and triple teamed. The entire team had almost perfect balance on offense pass and run, that's what I look for in good teams. Also who looked great was the entire coaching staff , they made great adjustments at half time in scheme and tempo. And the Warriors dominated the second half. Yes there are plenty of mistakes and yes there are Lenny of things to get better at, but a W is a W , especially,against a team that the warriors have struggled against in the past. What is it about what I say about the Warriors, or what is it about the Warriors that bothers you so much? And why are you always looking for something to bring down a team when you could be putting that energy in a positive way with your own program?

It's the back-handed compliments and other little remarks you post about certain teams, then play off as if you're joking, like when you posted about maybe Lafayette is scared of LT, said LT was good but undisciplined last year, etc. I have nothing against the actual Sherando team or program, but this year's team isn't as great as you were implying at first, and you seemed to admit that with the "this isn't the team of old" statement. Louisa wouldn't have tackled me out there, but hopefully they'll give Courtland a halfway decent game.

Damn Hoos, as much grief as you are giving Hammy for simply winning, I think I'm glad we lost!

Nobody is calling you any names Hoos, if you think that when somebody says you are fool for thinking some way is calling you a name , then I am sorry. In the future I will just say that you are a uneducated football fan. IMO. And YES, in my opinion LT has such a vast amount of huge talent that it allows them to play a undisciplned defense sometimes, most of the time they don't play a undisciplined defense , but because mistakes are hidden easily because the talent makes up and hides what otherwise could be detrimental consequences. lake Taylor is well coached, but the best coaching jobs in my opinion are the teams that get more out of far less talent. And that's what we have in the west, less talent. Just my opinion, you don't have to agree. But since when did you become the defender of the LT's of the world? My opinion of a Louisa is that they had plenty of talent when we played them, however the combination of a green coaching staff, and undisciplined defense and that with a complicated offense that they don't have the QB to run , caused them to not be effective. But you don't see me and on here constantly cutting down Louisa, or saying anything about them, I know the circumstances down there. It takes years to build a program, and it will take Louisa years to become a state caliber program. It's not my fault, I just tell it like it is. Sorry the truth hurts. Do you think if Salem had LT talent they would not be just as effective at being successful in 4A? Yes they would, maybe more success. It's just my opinion, nobody has to agree.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Can't we all just get a long. Hoos what adjustments do you think the Lions will make vs. Courtland after last weeks performance? Hammy, do you think now that Sherando won this past week they can now run the table?

I respect that @hamspear. I think we would've spread Sherando's defense out a little more if our top receiver had played, but it wouldn't have made much of a difference due to the snaps, and definitely not on defense. He'll be back for Courtland, and @Snookasuperstar I think Louisa will run their bread and butter but out of more receiver sets to spread Courtland out a little, because I already know Courtland will be able to handle the run. I'm interested in seeing which QB gets more snaps, Bell or Cherry. Bell is built for the single wing, but I know Fischer will want to get Lee and Washington involved. I still don't think we'll tackle a soul, hope I'm wrong, since we couldn't defend simple dives last week. I'm not counting on Courtland's fumble-itis to continue.

This is altogether odd. Sherando started the season well and just got themselves a great win against a quality team. They're the real deal and will be very tough come playoff time. I don't see what the difficulty is here.

Louisa had an extra week to prepare against a team that has fumbled 11 times in two games. If the Lion's play a disciplined game, they should be right in it next Friday. They've only played one game this season and that was against a high quality opponent. Don't jump off the bridge yet. GL to them.

Nobody is calling you any names Hoos, if you think that when somebody says you are fool for thinking some way is calling you a name , then I am sorry. In the future I will just say that you are a uneducated football fan. IMO. And YES, in my opinion LT has such a vast amount of huge talent that it allows them to play a undisciplned defense sometimes, most of the time they don't play a undisciplined defense , but because mistakes are hidden easily because the talent makes up and hides what otherwise could be detrimental consequences. lake Taylor is well coached, but the best coaching jobs in my opinion are the teams that get more out of far less talent. And that's what we have in the west, less talent. Just my opinion, you don't have to agree. But since when did you become the defender of the LT's of the world? My opinion of a Louisa is that they had plenty of talent when we played them, however the combination of a green coaching staff, and undisciplined defense and that with a complicated offense that they don't have the QB to run , caused them to not be effective. But you don't see me and on here constantly cutting down Louisa, or saying anything about them, I know the circumstances down there. It takes years to build a program, and it will take Louisa years to become a state caliber program. It's not my fault, I just tell it like it is. Sorry the truth hurts. Do you think if Salem had LT talent they would not be just as effective at being successful in 4A? Yes they would, maybe more success. It's just my opinion, nobody has to agree.

So let me get this right...Because we play man to man defense that makes the defense undisciplined? Where do you get undisciplined from? Do guys constantly do things outside of what the defense calls for? Do guys jump offsides a lot and have a lot of penalties? That's undisciplined defense. I think you're looking more for risky to describe our defense. Not a lot of people have the courage to do what we do on defense. Most HS coaches play zone and hope not to get beat deep. We put our kids on an island and tell them to make plays. It is something that is taught on the JV level on up so we have to coach em up to play within the system. That is our coaches philosophy and he's been doing it since he's been coaching which is 39 years with him being a head coach at LT since 1999. I don't believe that because you get a scrappy bunch of kids to win makes you a better coach then the coach of a team that has talent. How many talented teams are out here NOT winning games?? I'm pretty sure Jefferson Forest had talent the last couple of years that could have done what they are doing now, but it took the right coaches to get the talent to play up their potential. Bob Christmas takes a job at Jamestown and he wouldn't be winning the way he is right now and would still probably be 0-10 or 1-9 because they have no talent there. He's an excellent coach, but he needs talent to win.

Yeah to me good coaches put players in positions to make plays and that's what you guys do well.

Why do you argue with Hoos? Waste of time.

If I had the DB's LT has, I'd be putting them on an island too and bringing the house all night. There's nothing undisciplined about that. Now, I can understand some of Hoos's point but at the HS level, getting upfield and penetrating as quickly as possible clearly works. Now, most HS Coach's are usually College trained to some level. Players, assistant's, etc. that's gap responsibility Football. That's what they bring with them to HS. It's good football but it does not take advantage of the fact that the opposition are HS Football players, not College players, where everyone is really, really good. LT takes advantage of this fact. The NFL is a copy cat league. Perhaps VA teams could consider doing the same.

Shauntclair what are you talking about? At least get your posters correct. I'm not the one who said LT is undisciplined.

A side note of interest about what's important at Jamestown. They had 45 players on the varsity football team a couple of years ago. They had 97 kids come out for cross country that same year. Kind of tough to get a football program going in the right direction with that mindset to overcome.

Reactions: DEVILSLB99
So your comment made me do some research to show you my point.
LT opened in 1967 and made its first playoff appearance in 1976 a loss
Made the playoffs in 1982 and made a trip to the state finals losing in a blowout to GW Danville
LT made the playoffs in 83,85,86,87,89,92 all playoff losses to be 3-8 all time in the playoffs.
When Coach Sawyer took over in 1999 LT hadn't been to the playoffs since 1992 or won a playoff game since 1982. It was a rocky start as we didn't WIN our first playoff game until 2008 as a staff losing 2000 to Hampton, 2002 State Champion Phoebus, 2003 Indian River, 2005 State Champion Hampton, 2006 State Champion Phoeubs, 2007 to Indian River.
2008 we lose in regional final 14-0 to State Champion Phoebus in a great game that could have been the state finals as Phoebus smoked SB and Dinwiddie the next two weeks.
2009 We lose a heartbreaker to State Champion Phoebus in the regional final 20-19 in OT
2010 loss to Hampton 1st round with very young team
2011 loss to state champion Phoebus 20-17 in a game we were up 17-7

I say all this to say the school zone at LT never changed the culture at LT changed because after so many years of being close and playing the state champions so tight we decided we wouldn't let that happen again and we deserve to win a title. So, 2012 regional final 54-0 against Phoebus on the way to state title #1 and the rest is history. The biggest change we made was opening up our offense more and not just running running running and relying on the defense. Since Coach Sawyer has been at LT we have NEVER given up 200 points in a season and he has only had 1 losing season. In 2012 we shattered the school record for most points in a season with 653 points so again it had nothing to do with the influx of talent and all about a changing in coaching philosophy.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
A side note of interest about what's important at Jamestown. They had 45 players on the varsity football team a couple of years ago. They had 97 kids come out for cross country that same year. Kind of tough to get a football program going in the right direction with that mindset to overcome.

Add in the fact hat ANYONE in Williamsburg that is serious football player will end up at Lafayette, Tabb, or Grafton and it's a no win situation. They are content winning the country club sports at Jamestown.

Another nice win for Sherando. The West is going to be a fun to watch come playoff time. I can tell you this, LT is not undisciplined. They have sound front seven technique and dare you to beat their D-1 corners with the pass. We all know this, but our teams can't do squat about it. Yes, a team can occasionally hit a big run or pass, but the percentages are low. The team that beats them will have to be loaded up front and have numerous weapons at the skilled positions. Who is it going to be? Somebody give me the scoop.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
So your comment made me do some research to show you my point.
LT opened in 1967 and made its first playoff appearance in 1976 a loss
Made the playoffs in 1982 and made a trip to the state finals losing in a blowout to GW Danville
LT made the playoffs in 83,85,86,87,89,92 all playoff losses to be 3-8 all time in the playoffs.
When Coach Sawyer took over in 1999 LT hadn't been to the playoffs since 1992 or won a playoff game since 1982. It was a rocky start as we didn't WIN our first playoff game until 2008 as a staff losing 2000 to Hampton, 2002 State Champion Phoebus, 2003 Indian River, 2005 State Champion Hampton, 2006 State Champion Phoeubs, 2007 to Indian River.
2008 we lose in regional final 14-0 to State Champion Phoebus in a great game that could have been the state finals as Phoebus smoked SB and Dinwiddie the next two weeks.
2009 We lose a heartbreaker to State Champion Phoebus in the regional final 20-19 in OT
2010 loss to Hampton 1st round with very young team
2011 loss to state champion Phoebus 20-17 in a game we were up 17-7

I say all this to say the school zone at LT never changed the culture at LT changed because after so many years of being close and playing the state champions so tight we decided we wouldn't let that happen again and we deserve to win a title. So, 2012 regional final 54-0 against Phoebus on the way to state title #1 and the rest is history. The biggest change we made was opening up our offense more and not just running running running and relying on the defense. Since Coach Sawyer has been at LT we have NEVER given up 200 points in a season and he has only had 1 losing season. In 2012 we shattered the school record for most points in a season with 653 points so again it had nothing to do with the influx of talent and all about a changing in coaching philosophy.
LT's loss to GW Danville in 1982 is nothing to fret over. That team was probably one of the best high school teams ever assembled. They beat my team (ph- Roanoke) coached by Willis White n the regional final. We had a great team as well and played them close. Just too many damn weapons.

Hey Navy, I got my ass beat twice in high school. One was by an undisciplined punk from Battersea, the other one was a cool calculating kid from Walnut Hill. You know what the difference was to me...? Not a damn thing! Both hurt like hell.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
That was the truth, but meant only to make a joking point. What I called the kids that whooped me really didn't change the outcome.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
lake Taylor is well coached, but the best coaching jobs in my opinion are the teams that get more out of far less talent. And that's what we have in the west, less talent.

If the West indeed has less talent as you say, then wouldn't it also be true that the coaches who are "doing more with less" are also coaching against less talented teams?

Add in the fact hat ANYONE in Williamsburg that is serious football player will end up at Lafayette, Tabb, or Grafton and it's a no win situation. They are content winning the country club sports at Jamestown.

Did I mention that the Lafayette team was at our game against Jamestown last year, in mass? All sitting on our side rooting against Jamestown!

Did I mention that the Lafayette team was at our game against Jamestown last year, in mass? All sitting on our side rooting against Jamestown!
Maybe Lafayette should have played you guys instead....But we all know how that goes

Hey Navy, I got my ass beat twice in high school. One was by an undisciplined punk from Battersea, the other one was a cool calculating kid from Walnut Hill. You know what the difference was to me...? Not a damn thing! Both hurt like hell.
Good point hoss! Didn't take too many ass beatings. I was way too fast. Lol. Of course my brain is still fried by the knockout blow given to me by R. Hundley in the state championship game. Still don't know how I got home from Richmond. Down goes Frazier. Was talking to Judge D about the game and he said they thought I was dead.

Hoos, 12:37 am and you are still up? Lol like your style. Just watching some highlights from across the state. The athleticism is unreal, but the fundamentals have evaporated just like the analog cell phone. I am amazed at the poor tackling. Do you think the new rules and concussion concerns have played a major role? Just watched a 156 lb defender try and tackle a 200 lb back at chest level. 10 yard drag until support arrived. Speed may "eat", but turnovers and ole tackling kills.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT