ADVERTISEMENT

Final: Sherando 41 Millbrook 14

A dirty play seems to have ignited a fire under the Warriors, who looked lukewarm in the first quarter on defense. A Millbrook player slammed a Sherando player into the bench well after the play was over.

It’s far from the first time this has happened, there were a few similar issues in their game against Kettle Run and in years past.

Aside from that, it doesn’t feel like a 28-14 game. Millbrook has played well, and it’s clear Savon Smith is back at full strength now. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Millbrook make a comeback in the second half. The Warriors have played well-disciplined football so far. Gotta keep it up to get the W.

Reactions: BigBWincCity
Never mind. Sherando blows it open in the second half. Excellent performance by the Warriors for most of the game. Play like that and a state title is a real possibility this year.
I'm not going to jump to considering states yet. The slow start waved red flags for me. I'm impressed with the turn around since that late hit in the second quarter, but I think Sherando needs to take this week off to work a little harder on everything. Looking forward to the playoff game in two weeks.

Heard a couple people say that Sherando is #1 seed in Region if Broadway beats Rockbridge County tomorrow night and Woodgrove is #1 if Rockbridge wins.

It's going to be very close. If everything plays out how it should... (Massaponax & Tuscarora winning, and Armstrong losing), and Broadway wins, I have Sherando at 29.4 and Woodgrove at 29.33. If Broadway loses, Sherando would be at 29.2.

And the interesting thing about the Broadway-Rockbridge County game is if you compare their common opponents, they have beat the same teams and lost to the same teams. That game might be really close.

Reactions: Shruikan
What happened to the Millbrook Offense in the second half?

Did the warriors just shut down the running game?

Sherando didn't do themselves any favors by giving Millbrook a short field on one of their scores, and the other was a field-spanning run by Smith. Early in the game Millbrook was absolutely torching Sherando with runs around the outside; it reminded me a lot of the Martinsburg game where our guys just couldn't quite make the tackle due to how quick they were.

The coaching staff made some adjustments and took that option away from them, and it greatly limited what they were able to do on offense. Millbrook's QB Buza was held to 49 yards for the game, so once the run was gone it was a lot harder for them to consistently sustain drives.

I'm really hoping that Doleman's injury isn't major. He's one of our best players and didn't even get to dress out to play in the second half. Hoping that was a precautionary measure, but it really hurt not having him until the Salem game last year, and even in that game he didn't look at 100%.

Sherando didn't do themselves any favors by giving Millbrook a short field on one of their scores, and the other was a field-spanning run by Smith. Early in the game Millbrook was absolutely torching Sherando with runs around the outside; it reminded me a lot of the Martinsburg game where our guys just couldn't quite make the tackle due to how quick they were.

The coaching staff made some adjustments and took that option away from them, and it greatly limited what they were able to do on offense. Millbrook's QB Buza was held to 49 yards for the game, so once the run was gone it was a lot harder for them to consistently sustain drives.

I'm really hoping that Doleman's injury isn't major. He's one of our best players and didn't even get to dress out to play in the second half. Hoping that was a precautionary measure, but it really hurt not having him until the Salem game last year, and even in that game he didn't look at 100%.
Agreed on the outside run. It was giving me bad flashbacks. Glad they made adjustments though. The defense is always my concern, tons of missed tackles, a good bit that could have been for loss. I also worry about Entsminger’s endurance. It would have been nice to see Hall play on last week’s success and have backup QB Campbell take more snaps and see what he could do with the offense.

Reactions: Shruikan
I went to the MB vs Sherando Game last year and Doleman got hurt in that game too. Hurt his knee and didn't recover until they made the semi-finals and even then I don't think he was 100%. I think MB had their chances and let them slip away. MB lost a few key players as well. They lost #73 to a knee early and he didn't return. #18 was out late in the 3rd and never returned. It's hard to tell how severe things looked, so hopefully both will return because they'll be needed if they want a shot to advance.

I went to the MB vs Sherando Game last year and Doleman got hurt in that game too. Hurt his knee and didn't recover until they made the semi-finals and even then I don't think he was 100%. I think MB had their chances and let them slip away. MB lost a few key players as well. They lost #73 to a knee early and he didn't return. #18 was out late in the 3rd and never returned. It's hard to tell how severe things looked, so hopefully both will return because they'll be needed if they want a shot to advance.

Millbrook has a real shot to win their first round game if they're healthy. I don't particularly want to play them again despite the lopsided score last night. It very easily could've been 14-0 Millbrook only a couple minutes into the game. It's an exciting offense to watch when you're not cheering for the defense lol.

I didn’t see this game but based off the posts and the news article from Winchester Star, here are my take always:
Keep in mind I’ve only seen them play Martinsburg this year.

1. Sherando has a consistent issue with finishing tackles. It seems as though when they compete against athletes they have much difficulty in wrapping up and completing the tackle.

-I don’t understand why this is an issue. I played for Sherando and competed against the likes of Rontray Houchens of Louisa who I consider the best during that time [would have loved to see him at the next level]. Also played against Banjoman of Warren County. Those backs were great but one thing remained true with our team, if we got our hands on them we finished the job or we held them up enough till back up arrived. Come playoff time, these mistakes will likely not be as forgiving.

2.Great to see Sherando make adjustments and put a damper to Millbrooks hopeful upset. That being said, I believe Millbrooks coach is not quite established to where he will win a chess match. Playoff time you’ll see Coach Hall make an adjustment and a Coach Mag counter that adjustment and see who will blink first.

3.Would love to see a 1-2 punch with Campbell and Entsminger in the backfield...maybe some misdirection or just a change to keep the defense in suspense.

My prediction moving forward from this game and I know many won’t likely support this but I see Woodgrove as the 4C champion. Theyre taking care of business.

Food for thought: Woodgrove beat Tuscarora who beat Stone Bridge.

*Hope the Doleman kid recovers quickly.

I didn’t see this game but based off the posts and the news article from Winchester Star, here are my take always:

1. Sherando has a consistent issue with finishing tackles. It seems as though when they compete against athletes they have much difficulty in wrapping up and completing the tackle.

-I don’t understand why this is an issue. I played for Sherando and competed against the likes of Rontray Houchens of Louisa who I consider the best during that time [would have loved to see him at the next level]. Also played against Banjoman of Warren County. Those backs were great but one thing remained true with our team, if we got our hands on them we finished the job or we held them up enough till back up arrived. Come playoff time, these mistakes will likely not be as forgiving.

2.Great to see Sherando make adjustments and put a damper to Millbrooks hopeful upset. That being said, I believe Millbrooks coach is not quite established to where he will win a chess match. Playoff time you’ll see Coach Hall make an adjustment and a Coach Mag counter that adjustment and see who will blink first.

3.Would love to see a 1-2 punch with Campbell and Entsminger in the backfield...maybe some misdirection or just a change to keep the defense in suspense.

My prediction moving forward from this game and I know many won’t likely support this but I see Woodgrove as the 4C champion. Theyre taking care of business.

Rev , who was that other great Warren County player who went on to play Baseball instead of football? His name slips my mind.

Oh how I miss the old Road Warrior days! You must have played with my brother! Banjoman vs. Oher.

I would also love to see a one-two punch, maybe we will see it in the playoffs. I think, like usual, Hall's predictability and the lack of tackling will be Sherando's downfall unless they make major improvements.

If Payne Bauer gets a hold of you in the playoffs you are in trouble , that boy is stud . JoJo Doleman , will be back .

When you have the athletes that Millbrook has you should score more than 14 points. Smith did not get a touch in the second quarter and Jackson had two balls thrown his way.

They made no adjustments on defense, #22 and #3 are the only weapons to stop and they couldn’t figure out how to do it.

I heard the kids wanted to play man and stack the box but the coaches ignothe suggestions.

They have a good chance of beating KR.

When you have the athletes that Millbrook has you should score more than 14 points. Smith did not get a touch in the second quarter and Jackson had two balls thrown his way.

They made no adjustments on defense, #22 and #3 are the only weapons to stop and they couldn’t figure out how to do it.

I heard the kids wanted to play man and stack the box but the coaches ignothe suggestions.

They have a good chance of beating KR.

Ummmmmm. No

Pretty interesting how 4C closed out. It looks likes the Loudoun teams will play each other up until the 4C final. I'm sure LoCo is looking forward to a re-match in P'ville. They are 1-1 vs Woodgrove the past two years, though both games were won by the winning team. Just can't see anyone getting past Sherando.

Reactions: Rev_Real
Pretty interesting how 4C closed out. It looks likes the Loudoun teams will play each other up until the 4C final. I'm sure LoCo is looking forward to a re-match in P'ville. They are 1-1 vs Woodgrove the past two years, though both games were won by the winning team. Just can't see anyone getting past Sherando.

Just because it's funny and I am sure a typo, of course both games were won by the winning team lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT