ADVERTISEMENT

Final: Sherando 55 Liberty (Bealeton) 21

Nov 14, 2017
Winchester, Virginia
Two early touchdowns for Sherando but an early answer for Liberty seemed to slow down the Sherando team. Missed catches seemed to be the early downfall of Liberty and once Sherando got rolling on offense, there was no stopping them. Sherando offense still looking strong though there are still questions about the defense. Sherando will have their first big test against a strong Martinsburg team.

Two early touchdowns for Sherando but an early answer for Liberty seemed to slow down the Sherando team. Missed catches seemed to be the early downfall of Liberty and once Sherando got rolling on offense, there was no stopping them. Sherando offense still looking strong though there are still questions about the defense. Sherando will have their first big test against a strong Martinsburg team.

Agreed. From a stats perspective it bugs me that Liberty got two garbage time TDs though. Gotta use the bye week to prepare for the toughest game of the regular season.

A lot of schools will put in the second string players when you do. Liberty kept the starters in , but it’s ok , good experience for the younger Warriors . Only game that the Warriors need to prove they dominated is the last one of the season. Missing one starting corner tonight , be back the next game. It showed on a couple of dropped passes for the Liberty QB that could have been big gains. The Warriors played totally Vanilla Defense the whole first Quarter , when Rohrbaugh dialed up the pressure , it was total domination.
What a huge home crowd tonight , Liberty fans really don’t travel well. Maybe a 100 in the stands , I would say 4 to 5 k total in the stadium tonight . I will have to check the gate .

Reactions: OCBoy and Shruikan
A lot of schools will put in the second string players when you do. Liberty kept the starters in , but it’s ok , good experience for the younger Warriors . Only game that the Warriors need to prove they dominated is the last one of the season. Missing one starting corner tonight , be back the next game. It showed on a couple of dropped passes for the Liberty QB that could have been big gains. The Warriors played totally Vanilla Defense the whole first Quarter , when Rohrbaugh dialed up the pressure , it was total domination.
What a huge home crowd tonight , Liberty fans really don’t travel well. Maybe a 100 in the stands , I would say 4 to 5 k total in the stadium tonight . I will have to check the gate .

Only a few more showed up after I took this. Sherando's side was packed. Guess a lot of the Eagles fans didn't have enough confidence in their team to make the trip.

LHXA1Zd.jpg

Reactions: hamspear
@Shruikan I assume the yoga has helped make a difference for the Warriors. How has cramping/conditioning been?
We have had a couple incidents of cramping , but nothing like in the past . Very minor. Yoga is awesome.
I want to add that the best QB in the state is at Sherando , not close .
Been around for many years . I call it how I see it , seen many of the best .
Everyone around here knows he can throw the pass like no other. . But try and catch him running down the field , dude can run like a scared Deer!

Reactions: Shruikan
@Shruikan I assume the yoga has helped make a difference for the Warriors. How has cramping/conditioning been?

Like @hamspear said, it's been a big improvement over last year. We've had several hot and humid games and only a couple cramping issues. Last year it seemed like there were a few every game towards the third and fourth quarters. I'd say the yoga experiment gets an A!

One thing to note though is that Sherando's starters haven't gotten a lot of playing time in the second halves of games though due to the level of competition on the schedule this year. Really wish we'd have gotten to play a Woodgrove/Loudoun County/Heritage-type team earlier on in the season. The real cramping test will come in a couple weeks at Martinsburg, but so far so good!

it will be cooler then , feel like the cramping is a yesterday story by October .. No excuse to have cramping in October. You get beat then , we’ll YOU just got beat! Period. The schedule is the schedule , made in two year cycles , most good teams in are area won’t play the Warriors . Because they would lose . It’s hard to pick what team is going to be good out of the Dulles district two years out . Thankfully , we can keep Liberty ( quality program ) Kettle Run ( another good team ) in our District now.

We have had a couple incidents of cramping , but nothing like in the past . Very minor. Yoga is awesome.
I want to add that the best QB in the state is at Sherando , not close .
Been around for many years . I call it how I see it , seen many of the best .
Everyone around here knows he can throw the pass like no other. . But try and catch him running down the field , dude can run like a scared Deer!

How close would you say he is to Metheny?

How close would you say he is to Metheny?
Hmmm.... tough one . Metheny more pure passer . Entsminger more student of the game and that’s even very close because Metheny had a very strong arm . . But I just feel there are more athletes around Entsminger , and he just is super accurate and never makes the bad decision. I mean Entsminger has only thrown about ten incomplete passes all year , and half of them are probably not his fault . Super accurate . Metheny was always trying to push the ball and make the big play and sometimes force it . Entsminger will just take off and run lol , try and catch him .... he has the wheels . I will give the nod to Metheny , only because he chose football as a career, but Entsminger is right there .

@Shruikan here is the difference , Sherando football has evolved to be better as a team since the 2005 to 2008 era. If Ross Metheny was playing now , with the advances in the program I would say Metheny would be the best QB . But , because Sherando has gotten so better since then Entsminger is the best now under the advanced system , so many more formations , more reads.... Entsminger is such a all around great QB for this team . I guess the bottom line is Metheny had his chance back in the day , got hurt unfortunately , and struggled his senior year with lagging injury also. Entsminger will have his chance this year to help his team win. He is the best QB for this time.

Reactions: OCBoy and Shruikan

4 or 5k total might be a little too exaggerated because if you only had approx 100 on Liberty side as I think entire place sits approx 4k.

Word on the street is that Sherando will defeat the Bulldogs of Martinsburg this year.

Gonna be tough. They've won six state titles this decade for a reason and are likely 30 to 40-point favorites over the second place team in WV. Martinsburg will be going for their 35th straight victory and the record in West Virginia is 36.

Crazy how biased people’s opinion can be... first that picture taken was way early in the night. A lot more people showed up as the game went...(hence 1 hr drive from home on Friday evening)... in fact we happened to be talking about how more of the liberty fans showed up to this regular season game than sherandos group did at Liberty last year... but no one brings that up hahahahaha
No doubt Sherando won the game but it wasn’t a total domination like you guys like to say, should it have been probably so but facts are it wasn’t and garbage TDS you claim came against the first string Warrior defense bc after Sherando put in second string and saw Liberty wasn’t going to take starters out.... well... Sherando put the starters back in. Possibly a few second stringers sprinkled in but very few. Lastly no way there was 4-5k people there maybe 200 -300 MAX ... ohhh which isn’t to bad for a homecoming night I guess

Crazy how biased people’s opinion can be... first that picture taken was way early in the night. A lot more people showed up as the game went...(hence 1 hr drive from home on Friday evening)... in fact we happened to be talking about how more of the liberty fans showed up to this regular season game than sherandos group did at Liberty last year... but no one brings that up hahahahaha
No doubt Sherando won the game but it wasn’t a total domination like you guys like to say, should it have been probably so but facts are it wasn’t and garbage TDS you claim came against the first string Warrior defense bc after Sherando put in second string and saw Liberty wasn’t going to take starters out.... well... Sherando put the starters back in. Possibly a few second stringers sprinkled in but very few. Lastly no way there was 4-5k people there maybe 200 -300 MAX ... ohhh which isn’t to bad for a homecoming night I guess

What? :confused: Is this a troll post? That picture was taken about 5 minutes before kickoff. A few more people showed up but not many. 200-300 people total? Sherando has 110 people in the band alone.

Also it was 55-7 in the third quarter. That's total domination.

As for Sherando's away crowd, here's a picture of the Sherando stands in Bealeton last year:
HbU777

What? :confused: Is this a troll post? That picture was taken about 5 minutes before kickoff. A few more people showed up but not many. 200-300 people total? Sherando has 110 people in the band alone.

Also it was 55-7 in the third quarter. That's total domination.

As for Sherando's away crowd, here's a picture of the Sherando stands in Bealeton last year:
HbU777
Yep that

Who’s counting band?? They have to be there.... lol..... yep no doubt the score looks bad I’m not saying it was a close game just it wasn’t all garbage TDS scored by Liberty
That’s a good pic you have of the playoff game before Salem last year

Who’s counting band?? They have to be there.... lol..... yep no doubt the score looks bad I’m not saying it was a close game just it wasn’t all garbage TDS scored by Liberty
That’s a good pic you have of the playoff game before Salem last year
Didn't have a horse in that race....but yes, it was total domination and yes they were garbage TD's. No high school athlete is going to be playing at the same level once your up by that much...get pulled...then get put back in. Accept it and move on.

I've read some crazy things on this forum, but this is by far one of the most banana land things I've read.

last post on this thread , Sherando doesn’t put
Didn't have a horse in that race....but yes, it was total domination and yes they were garbage TD's. No high school athlete is going to be playing at the same level once your up by that much...get pulled...then get put back in. Accept it and move on.
@86CulpGrad did you make it to the game? Just wondering ,hope you enjoyed it .

I’m blown away by everything this person said. Were there a few more people that showed up during the game for Liberty, yes, but not much. After the messy plays in the middle of the first quarter, Sherando dominated the game.... not sure how someone can refute that. To say there was only 200-300 people there is absolutely ridiculous, though I think 4-5,000 is a huge overestimate. I would say the number in total would be between 2,000 and 3,000. And for as long as I’ve gone to Sherando games, they have always had a decent turnout for away games, you can’t even compare it to the turnout Liberty had last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT