ADVERTISEMENT

Final: Western Albemarle 38 Louisa 30

anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b

VaPreps All Region
Aug 28, 2005
I'm sitting here stunned. WA came out like a team possessed. We'll see what my Lions are made of shortly. If not, this will be a horrible loss, and bye bye #1 seed.

I am beginning to questions lions on deep run even if they win. Looking at what brookville did to western let alone orange last week. Lions will come back.

Well I am driving now, if W.A. holds on biggest upset in 4a by far. I will eat a lot of crow on Louisa going 10-0 if this holds. It would have made our season if we could have pulled a miracle out vs. Louisa.

At a stop light...let me guess Hoos W.A made Louisa throw and Louisa could not defend the pass? Louisa did score points but not like I thought they should have. What happened?

Out-coached, out-played, out-hustled. Nothing else to say. High school football at its best.

Last edited:
Drove out to Crozet tonight expecting a blowout... very disappointing. Hard to really pin the blame on one part of the team. 2 muffed punts is just inexcusable.. the offense was terrible in the first half but honestly pretty solid in the second half minus the fumble. Defense was in tough spots all night. Couldn't get a stop when we needed it. Still have a lot of faith in this team but it's like we can't fire on all cylinders together. O plays well, D doesn't and vice Versa. And special teams (Especially punting) was a disaster. At the end of the day this will either destroy this team or they will come out angrier than ever. We'll have to wait and see.

This does happen to good teams sometimes. Louisa is good and can pound the rock. it's a set back but hArdly the end. GL on the rest of their season.

No disrespect at all Hoos, but dang I was hoping for a rematch with you guys. If the rest of the season holds true, Dinwiddie bound, ugh! Courtland 64 Spotsy 0

Thats why they play the games. Guess all you "run the table" fanatics in th JD can relax now because its not happening. It really doesnt matter how good a team is unless you play well. Could be a loss at the right time for Louisa as sometimes when you get overconfident you do things that are uncharacteristic. I said a while ago the pass defense was suspect.

Reactions: Snookasuperstar
Drove out to Crozet tonight expecting a blowout... very disappointing. Hard to really pin the blame on one part of the team. 2 muffed punts is just inexcusable.. the offense was terrible in the first half but honestly pretty solid in the second half minus the fumble. Defense was in tough spots all night. Couldn't get a stop when we needed it. Still have a lot of faith in this team but it's like we can't fire on all cylinders together. O plays well, D doesn't and vice Versa. And special teams (Especially punting) was a disaster. At the end of the day this will either destroy this team or they will come out angrier than ever. We'll have to wait and see.

Thats why they play the games. Guess all you "run the table" fanatics in th JD can relax now because its not happening. It really doesnt matter how good a team is unless you play well. Could be a loss at the right time for Louisa as sometimes when you get overconfident you do things that are uncharacteristic. I said a while ago the pass defense was suspect.
Nothing to do with overconfidence and especially any bad officiating, but everything to do with injury and illness. Much more than I have let in on or even knew about, but like any team, it's part of the game and we'll fight through it. Louisa will come out angry and be better for it, but these next few weeks might be tough. Hats off to Western for playing a perfect, clean game. They played their hearts out.

Lack of depth up front and pass defense is Achilles for Louisa. I dont see any of the top 4a east teams losing to a team like western regardless of injuries. Hopefully this game makes Louisa better or jd may not represent again.

Not many teams have enough depth where they can get by with having to throw their 3rd string JV 150 lb center in there against two D1 defensive linemen. And that's not even close to what's going on with the line and the rest of the team. We're not Salem and things will be tough, but next man up!

Reactions: Tom Potter
Not many teams have enough depth where they can get by with having to throw their 3rd string JV 150 lb center in there against two D1 defensive linemen. And that's not even close to what's going on with the line and the rest of the team. We're not Salem and things will be tough, but next man up!

What I like about Woodgrove this year is the quicker team and the deeper bench.

"Next man up" is the key to overcoming the enivitable injuries!

Your 2nd and 3rd tier teams yes I would agree, but the first tier teams do. This is the issue with the JD a lot of time no depth up front. Also if the starting center was out prior to the game hopefully your jv center got varsity reps. Lions better figure something out cause playoff teams will be much more physical then Western. Anyone figured up points yet?

The JV center did play well, but him having to play along with the backup left guard prevents us from running much of our stuff. The starting center got hurt against Powhatan. The 2nd center (who is also very good and a sophomore) and 1st left guard both got hurt in the first half against Western. Yes we scored 30 but Western stopped a few drives in the 1st half and Whalen lost what was his 2nd career fumble off a fine pitch on the 1st drive of the 2nd half. Not even gonna get into our defense.

Last edited:
3rd string JV Center playing Varsity? That's a whole boat load of more qualified bodies to go through. I can't possibly be the only one that raises an eyebrow to that one.

3rd string JV Center playing Varsity? That's a whole boat load of more qualified bodies to go through. I can't possibly be the only one that raises an eyebrow to that one.
Well center is different especially with Louisa's offense knowing who to snap the ball to. You can't just stick the strongest or biggest guy at center.... you have to put in the guy that knows what to do

Reactions: gwb16
Well center is different especially with Louisa's offense knowing who to snap the ball to. You can't just stick the strongest or biggest guy at center.... you have to put in the guy that knows what to do
No disrespect but hardly any team even has a 3rd string JV Center. Remember, this essentially assumes 5 guys went down. I understand your point but I'm sorry if I still have trouble buying this one.

Last edited:
Yeah bad turnovers giving western short field. Special teams were real bad I have told hoos before in reference to a scrimmage that special teams are 1/3 of the game and Louisa has no kicking game period.

Um it's not that complicated anymore. Very little single wing anymore. More pistol/read option. I think hoos meant 3rd string center and the kid was the jv starting center.
We ran mostly single wing last night. We did a bad job in the pistol sets. The JV runs pretty much all single wing.

No disrespect at all Hoos, but dang I was hoping for a rematch with you guys. If the rest of the season holds true, Dinwiddie bound, ugh! Courtland 64 Spotsy 0
If Courtland can score on Dinwiddie's defense, which will be tough, your defensive line pressure with a healthy Fields in the middle, along with your zone can give Bryce Witt fits and force some horrible passes. All that will give you a fighting chance, especially if you can force punts.

Last edited:
If I was Louisa, the last thing I would be thinking about right now is what Dinwiddie is doing. If you can't be WA, injured or not, you're in trouble.

Dinwiddie is on a different level.

Reactions: gwb16
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT