ADVERTISEMENT

Finally, a good view of the Lake Taylor final TD to win.

Thanks for letting us know about the game highlights. I really like that they had the camera up high to see what's going on. As you know most of the TV stations are on the field and its hard to get a good prospective of what happened sometimes.

This ball came right back to the Field Goal kicker who seemed to pick it up out of frustration alone. It looked as though he wanted to slam it on the ground as even the LT players were walking off the field. He held onto it for at least 3 - 4 seconds before someone alerted him to the fact or he realized that the whistle had not blown. Then he just kind of jogged it in there with a WTF attitude and the miracle was fulfilled. Unbelievable way for Monacan to have gone down.

I watched this several times and I don't think there was a person In that stadium that knew this play wasn't over but the referee.

So from that film you can tell that he wanted to slam the ball down? LOL.....Actually one of our coaches was telling him to run.. Good job Coach Ford

This post was edited on 12/10 10:51 AM by DEVILSLB99

That was my impression after watching it a number of times. Watching it again didn't change my mind but you were there so I have no issue being corrected. I also did notice however, after your post, that it does seem someone got his attention as he is moving off the field with the other players and then suddenly changed direction and headed for the end zone. Thanks for the additional info. GL Saturday.

Have to tell you after watching this film and many others on Lake Taylor, I see athletes but very undisciplined on both dies of the ball. The theory is we are going to spread you out and just try to make big plays. The QB footwork is suspect in the pocket, not sure about throwing accuracy. And I dont believe it will be easy for Lake Taylor to run on Salem. Hmmmm starting to feel like the Salem guys might be right this time , and if the Spartans can ground and pound, they could be right in this game. LT is NOT 2013 Dinwiddie, not close from what I have seen. Could be wrong. If you are kicking a game winning short field goal, how do you let anyone near to blocking that kick anyway LT? Its like a extra point. Devils , you in charge of Special teams?

Curious how you get that a team is undisciplined from highlights?

I mentioned it before that apparently the coach told the kid to run and I was correct

And I understand assignment football. So from watching all this film you miraculously have access to you have the LT defense figured out and know they lack discipline and blow assignments?? They're kids they are prone to miss a play here and there, but if I recall according to VHSL-reference (which isn't the gospel by all means but refutable) LT has the #1 defense in the STATE. I have a suggestion why don't you sell your insight and knowledge to the rest of our district or teams around here since a lot of them haven't figured out what you have in less than a week. Bravo to you sir you are a football savant.

I would have to agree with hamspear. But of course that means nothing since I have no street cred. on this board. ha
wink.r191677.gif

Devils he and the rest of them have no clue. Just keep on doing what you do. That play was destine to happen with such bad officiating that night. I normally don't say anything about the officiating but that night it was terrible. Not taking anything from Monacan they did play well enough to win and LT played poor enough to lose THAT game. It was Lake Taylor's experience that prevailed from coaches to players hands down. In a way I am can of glad that game happen the way it did because it re ignited that hunger from what I hear. Good luck Saturday and I will be there to see it all.

Right, with an undefeated team, sometimes the best thing that can happen is to get beaten or nearly beaten; it reminds the kids that they didn't get there because of destiny, but because of hard work and focus.

Obviously, if LT had lost, that wouldn't have been good for them, but the near loss. A game where you let it be close enough for a referee to take it from you, but somehow got very lucky (let's face it; they did get lucky on the blocked field goal--I don't know if it was going to go through the uprights if it wasn't blocked); reminds you what you've got to do.

I bet LT will be one focused bunch of kids riding to Lynchburg on Saturday. If Salem beats them, it won't be because Salem didn't get the Titan's best shot.

Just because you have had the fewest points allowed, and have the best defense so far this year doesnt mean that you play good assignment football. It probably means you have exceptional athletes, that dont have to play quality assignment football. Not saying it is running rampant on LT, what they lack in discipline they more than make up with athletic ability.

OH MAN how does that happen!!

That was equivalent to Chael Sonnen beating up Anderson Silva for 4.5 rounds before tapping out in the closing minutes of the last round.
chairshot.r191677.gif

Originally posted by hamspear:
Just because you have had the fewest points allowed, and have the best defense so far this year doesnt mean that you play good assignment football. It probably means you have exceptional athletes, that dont have to play quality assignment football. Not saying it is running rampant on LT, what they lack in discipline they more than make up with athletic ability.
You have yet to explain HOW LT does not play good assignment football, and HOW you have access to all that film.

This post was edited on 12/11 1:46 PM by HoosFan05

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT