ADVERTISEMENT

FINALLY - We get East Rock vs Central!

Oct 27, 2017
The whole regular season and playoffs in Region B has been leading up to this game. It was inevitable that these two would meet for a trip to the state final four.

Central has speed, but failed it’s only real “test” on the year at Riverheads. They have guys who can make BIG plays, a solid defense, and tons of speed. They cruised through the Bull Run.

East Rock has experience, athletes, and speed as well. They smoked a good Spotswood and a good Riverheads team early in the season...and have cruised through everyone else except a close one against Gap.

My prediction: East Rock 42, Central 28

It’s not the back it’s the system not to take anything away Smiley he will go down one the best we’ve had but we got a trophy case full 1000 yd rushers

I’d rather a trophy case full of titles...just saying

ER > Central on gridiron...mostly due to who stands on sidelines.

Is the ER coach involved in the little league program? Cursory level of course, just wondering what his investment in the next group looks like. Been hearing a little scuttlebutt from that area.

It's HIGH SCHOOL Football - anyone can beat anyone at any given time. Hail to the victor. Will the game be played at JMU?

Is the ER coach involved in the little league program? Cursory level of course, just wondering what his investment in the next group looks like. Been hearing a little scuttlebutt from that area.

I sure wish the ER coaches would get involved in youth football. Donnie and his staff make a once a year showing usually but they are definitely not involved. They are reaping the benefits from a strong youth program. I coached most of these boys from a young age in football, baseball and basketball. Won a ton of games, almost undefeated in football their entire career. The secret to ER is they are very athletic, plenty of speed and size and almost 20 seniors start.

Not taking anything away from the ER staff but I think you look to Riverheads if you want to see how involvement pays off. They've been doing it really well for years.

East Rock is going to struggle big-time next year. They loose everyone! It's all or nothing this year.

This will be a good high school game to go see if your team is out of contention and you want to catch a game this it. I’m pulling for eastrock like to see double on state championship Saturday out of the Shenandoah.

Reactions: BGfootball95
Easy Rock should content for the state title in basketball as well. Much like Central, this will probably be their last year to contend at such a high level for a while. It is just part of the cycle.

Looking forward to a great game. Went to the EV/Louisa last Friday and now this one? We are blessed to have a bunch of quality games relatively close by.

Last edited:
You are right about basketball. Dalton Jefferson will rule the district this year. As for the bottom dropping out for East Rock next year, you are probably right but with them leaving for the Bull Run, we may not stay as informed about it around here.

I’ll be glad to provide occasional updates! With these new members, the BRD will be vastly better in just about every arena.

And Central is moving to 3A and losing a ton of talent. Maybe a rough stretch ahead for the Falcons.

Against which team? ER was at their field two days after rain so damp field but no effect. Central was at Riverheads while it was misting to sprinkling. Not muddy per say but damp to wet field conditions. No dropped balls or mishandled snaps so I would classify that as no impact.

You are right about basketball. Dalton Jefferson will rule the district this year. As for the bottom dropping out for East Rock next year, you are probably right but with them leaving for the Bull Run, we may not stay as informed about it around here.

East Rock football will definitely drop off, has to losing so many seniors. Our basketball team will still be solid with a couple key pieces returning. Wait until you guys see our 6'6" freshman knocking down 3s and handling the ball.

ER football is on a roll and will be very tough to handle. From here on out they are all gonna be tough.

I was hoping Saturday so I could catch both games . Good luck to the rock y’all have great facilities and a great fan base and I’m hoping even though y’all moving to another district y’all will keep us on schedule for all sports

Reactions: southerntester
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT