ADVERTISEMENT

Finals. Gate City wins 64-54

3rd Q killed Luray - outscored 16-6 - the difference in the game.

But I predict they will be back next year and win it all....very young team.

Gate City young too - the freshman played well plus Thompson is back

We got beat,don't need our nose rubbed in it.

I wasn't rubbing anyone's nose in anything. It was a competitive game and GC came out ahead. It's just incredible the run the M7 has been on in 2A girls basketball. I believe Union would have won this game as well but they didn't handle the pressure and turned the ball over so much that they couldn't come back. Luray is obviously a very good team, you dont make the state final if you aren't.

I wasn't rubbing anyone's nose in anything. It was a competitive game and GC came out ahead. It's just incredible the run the M7 has been on in 2A girls basketball. I believe Union would have won this game as well but they didn't handle the pressure and turned the ball over so much that they couldn't come back. Luray is obviously a very good team, you dont make the state final if you aren't.
I'll be watching,every dog has his day.

I'll be watching,every dog has his day.

What are you talking about weirdo? I haven't diminished anyone else. Is someone hating if they appreciate the run the Warriors had? Celtics in the 60s? The Patriots? How am I belittling anyone else by appreciating something that is extremely rare?

I won't get in the middle of this argument but it is strange how one particular area of the state (or sometimes just one team) can dominate a particular sport or sports for an extended period of time.

This dominance in 2-A girls basketball by that one district is an example. I think the announcers said that they had won the state something like 7 years in a row, with Wise Central being the dominant team the last few years. In 1-A boys basketball, even though they didn't get the chance to continue it this year, Region A has been the top dog for a while.

In football there have been various dynasties over the years........Phoebus, Riverheads, maybe some in higher classifications that I am not as familiar with.

And then you have Auburn, which for whatever reason just decided to rock 4 or 5 state titles all within about a three week period last spring, then continued this year with volleyball and now the co-championship in basketball.

But the important thing to remember is that these things go in cycles and eventually those cycles are broken. It just takes one "outside" win someplace to show that it can be done.

I have no dog in this fight. It was a very good and entertaining game. I expect to see both teams playing in this very game next year. GC simply took better care of the ball and pounded the offensive glass and that was the difference in the game in my opinion

3rd Q killed Luray - outscored 16-6 - the difference in the game.

But I predict they will be back next year and win it all....very young team.

They may be back, but they will not win it.

Union would have won this game and Ridgeview as well.

I won't get in the middle of this argument but it is strange how one particular area of the state (or sometimes just one team) can dominate a particular sport or sports for an extended period of time.

This dominance in 2-A girls basketball by that one district is an example. I think the announcers said that they had won the state something like 7 years in a row, with Wise Central being the dominant team the last few years. In 1-A boys basketball, even though they didn't get the chance to continue it this year, Region A has been the top dog for a while.

In football there have been various dynasties over the years........Phoebus, Riverheads, maybe some in higher classifications that I am not as familiar with.

And then you have Auburn, which for whatever reason just decided to rock 4 or 5 state titles all within about a three week period last spring, then continued this year with volleyball and now the co-championship in basketball.

But the important thing to remember is that these things go in cycles and eventually those cycles are broken. It just takes one "outside" win someplace to show that it can be done.
Hampton Crabbers in football...

Thats all I was saying as well and someone took offense. If someone marveled how Hampton won all those titles, or Princess Anne, or Powell Valley in the 90s, I don't see it as diminishing anyone else.

Thats all I was saying as well and someone took offense. If someone marveled how Hampton won all those titles, or Princess Anne, or Powell Valley in the 90s, I don't see it as diminishing anyone else.
Do you find it a coincidence that you're always defending your comments? Lol

Do you find it a coincidence that you're always defending your comments? Lol

Do you honestly not know how a message board works? That's exactly the point. If you can read this thread and somehow come to the conclusion I'm downing Luray or anyone else, then I doubt your intelligence.

Reactions: aw19752
Do you honestly not know how a message board works? That's exactly the point. If you can read this thread and somehow come to the conclusion I'm downing Luray or anyone else, then I doubt your intelligence.
You win Big Winner... I'm done

Just make sure you get the last word and that will make you smart.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT