ADVERTISEMENT

First NBC12/RVA Sports Network High School Poll

EPJr

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Sep 27, 2002
FOOTBALL: First NBC12/RVA Sports Network High School Poll

The Big 12 High School Football Poll is back! As the 2018 season begins on Thursday, we look now at the teams who may make the difference on the road to December 8th and the state championships! Voters are from NBC12, RVA Sports Network, and WHAN Radio (102.9 The Mater).
Don't miss the first "On The Sidelines Wednesday Playbook" on the NBC12 Facebook page this Wednesday at 3:15 as Marc Davis and Rob Witham analyze the poll and preview Week 1!

PRESEASON POLL:

1) Highland Springs
2) Manchester
3T) Dinwiddie
3T) Thomas Dale
5) Monacan
6) Henrico
7) L.C. Bird
8) Varina
9) Hermitage
10) Hopewell
11) Goochland
12) Lee-Davis

http://rvasportsnetwork.blogspot.com/2018/08/football-first-nbc12rva-sports-network.html

Neil-deGrasse-Facepalm-via-screencap-800x430.png

These polls are always funny.

I understand catering to your viewing area, but Louisa is also part of that viewing area and isn't even included.

I think that these papers/stations are in a no win situation with most. They post something and people complain and say how terrible they are and when they dont post something people complain that it isnt being covered.

I understand catering to your viewing area, but Louisa is also part of that viewing area and isn't even included.
I agree with you, but you cant have it both ways. You guys are part of the Charlittesville and Fredericksburg market. Hell, Dinwiddie and Prince George can pick up WAVY TV (Beach) and @matthew328826 Saturday ESPN 94.1 show, but we dont get coverage their.

Reactions: mike salem
I agree with you, but you cant have it both ways. You guys are part of the Charlittesville and Fredericksburg market. Hell, Dinwiddie and Prince George can pick up WAVY TV (Beach) and @matthew328826 Saturday ESPN 94.1 show, but we dont get coverage their.
But parts of Louisa are 15 minutes from Richmond/Short Pump, and all the Richmond stations cover general Louisa news, just not much football.

Lol. You guys are ranked in the FLS Poll. Richmond covered your run and Coach Fisher last year. Hell, in 2013, we were unbeaten all year and didnt get squat for coverage until the last two weeks.

Chesterfield schools get shafted too. If your not from Henrico or Hanover you have to be a LC Bird 3 time champ to get ink. Once you get on then you can stay on if you dont lise.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
I agree, but thats just RVA. Hanover a 3-7 football team got more coverage last year than most schools. I deal with the media all season long, treat them very well and still have to beg for air time. You would think we would be flooded with media request for the Salem game. Nada, zip, zero! Hell, Hanover and Monacan is the RVA Sports game of the week. No diss on Monacan, but Highland Springs versus Hermitage seems a bit more juicy.

Richmond still gives UVA football more time than Tech. Go figure.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT