ADVERTISEMENT

For The Salem Faithful Making The Trip To Danville Friday

DanvilleSportsHead

VaPreps All District
Sep 24, 2014
North Danville, VA
Don’t know how many of you are familiar with Danville so I’m going to try and do my best Dinwiddie Proud impression by being an ambassador and welcoming you guys with open arms to Danville. Game starts at 7 sharp and if you’re looking for somewhere good to eat/hang out before or after the game there’s plenty of good places within 5 minutes drive from the field to eat. Some of the places I will recommend:

1. Nonni’s Italian Pizza and Eatery- best place in Danville to eat. Good selection and even better value.
365 Lowe’s Dr. 24540 (closes at 11)

2. Ham’s Resturant- Danville’s Mcado’s Or Sharkeys
2373 Riverside Dr. 24540 (open late)

3. The Checkered Pig- best BBQ in town.
155 Crown Dr. 24540 (closes at 9)

4. El Vallarta Mexican Resturant- 418 Westover Dr. 24540 (closes at 11)
Santana’s Mexican Resturant - 102 Tower Dr. 24540 (good food and drink specials; closes at 11)

5. Chick-Fil-A, Buffalo Wild Wings, Western Sizzlin’, Applebee’s, Danville Mall, Coleman Marketplace etc..All within 1 to 2 miles from the stadium.

If anyone needs help with finding anything feel free to contact me via the board. I’ll also be glad to give out my number if needed. Drive safe and I hope to meet some of you Friday. Can’t wait!

Were do you turn off of 58
Go 58 East Business into the city limits. Keep on going until you pass the old shopping center which is now Dan River Church and Dairy Queen..You’ll see GW on top of the hill at the light. You’ll also see the sign “Downtown” which is Central Blvd/86 South/29 South..Take that exit and you’ll cross the river. Go underneath the Greensboro/Downtown underpath and GW will be on your right on the top of the hill. Parking is behind the visitor bleachers and will accommodate a lot of people. Hope this helps.

Go 58 East Business into the city limits. Keep on going until you pass the old shopping center which is now Dan River Church and Dairy Queen..You’ll see GW on top of the hill at the light. You’ll also see the sign “Downtown” which is Central Blvd/86 South/29 South..Take that exit and you’ll cross the river. Go underneath the Greensboro/Downtown underpath and GW will be on your right on the top of the hill. Parking is behind the visitor bleachers and will accommodate a lot of people. Hope this helps.
DSH how far a ride is that for us coming from Salem. Hope to meet you and some of the other preps peeps!

DSH how far a ride is that for us coming from Salem. Hope to meet you and some of the other preps peeps!
Depends on which way you go. If you go 220 to 58, it’s right at 1 hr 35 minutes. If you go 220 to Route 40 in Rocky Mount to 29 south in Gretna it’s prob about the same! We know a little short cut that takes you thru the back way of Franklin County (40 to Colonial Turnpike to Sago Road to 57 in Callands to Franklin Turnpike). Saves us legit 25 minutes every time we go to Roanoke. Don’t recommend it because of the deer but great roads. Looking forward to meeting you guys too!

Were do you turn off of 58
Putt I was thinking you meant to GW. All of these spots are at least 1.5 miles from the stadium. You can see the school from all of these spots, it’s pretty neat. If you find the mall (opposite side of GW: on top of the hill to your left)..Take the Lynchburg exit (29 N) to Piedmont Dr...You’ll find pretty much everything. Not as many choices as Roanoke/Salem has but a nice variety.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
The Danville Church and Dairy Queen? For communion you get waffle cone bits and a small scoop!

DSH. Where is the good parking if we get there early I have some elderly that it’s tough walking very far
When you're on Central Blvd, make the right on Christopher Ln and another quick right onto Broad St. It's a service road that takes you pass the main office and a parking lot to your right and left...Keep going on the service road. Park on the practice football field and the ticket booth and bleachers are feet away.

Reactions: panther308
When you're on Central Blvd, make the right on Christopher Ln and another quick right onto Broad St. It's a service road that takes you pass the main office and a parking lot to your right and left...Keep going on the service road. Park on the practice football field and the ticket booth and bleachers are feet away.
Thank you sir!

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT