ADVERTISEMENT

Forest park beats William Fleming

Score? Stonewall BARELY beat GW-D 41-39

...WVD teams all lost...FC in OT to Potomac, GW by 2 at Stonewall. It was a good last season of WVD girls bball...3 very good teams who competed well with NW's best.

Yep you did, as far as the fleming game we missed too many shots to win simply said. All of a sudden from hearing the scores, we should have won the region, but would a coulda shoulda, there is always next year!

woulda coulda shoulda defined FC's season...Potomac tied it at buzzer...

just before end of regulation and wins in OT, whereas FC tied Fleming at the end of regulation and the basket was disallowed.

FC just couldn't win the close one down the stretch....and that's the name of the game in tourney time

Re: woulda coulda shoulda defined FC's season...Potomac tied it at buzzer...

FC had a really good season and whatever you feel about the fleming game in the tournament doesn't really matter anyway because that game had no merit other than momentum. Bottom line is we lost in the region and probably should have been playing one another in the championship, just another opportunity gone by. Not taking anything away from the rest of the region Forest Park beat us period, of course there is always complaints that can arise but bottom line is we lost. FC I wasn't at the FC game with Potomac but the bottom line again is they loss, GW Danville played big last night because I have seen Stonewall play they have one of the best post in the game so props to them. Next year will be different and we will probably not see the teams we have seen this year but it was fun while it lasted.

Yep..we agree..when it's win or go home, you have to be clutch, and Potomac made the shot they needed and took the momentum to OT

wvd was pretty strong this year just had bad timing (last night all three teams) not paying their best game. lavoy12 i told you to watch out for the gw/sj game. great season for my colonels. not how we wanted it to end but the pipeline is strong and each year the program takes another big step.

I truly didnt think we would beat you last night but our girls remember that long bus ride back last year after losing, plus they had the six man in the house last night to help them with the refs and motivation, we were not there last year.

WVD vs Cardinal District

My last posting I said the WVD played a weak Commonwealth District and that's why you had three teams left. Against the Cardinal and Cedar Run District you have no team left. But since you guys are young, should make some noise next year.

Re: Forest park beats William Fleming, now Stonewall

It was a bad shooting night for WF. The point guard from WF was not herself last night, she had alot of pressure on her by Forest Park point guard. Amber is a great defensive player. When Forest Park took her out, WF made a come back. Breyanna Mason was UVA ready last night she kept the heat on WF with her offense. But the surprise player was Forest Park Freshman Kiana Kirkland who came in and gave them a spark. She was at my house two weeks ago along with the other girls on the team, I made a point to talk to her, I told her about Lexi Carpenter who played with Dani Jackson and how she need to mature and build confidence in her game at the varsity level as a freshman. Last night that kid grew up, hopefully the forest park bench will give her more playing time as they move forward. I am a truly believe you must play AAU players who has been thru the battles over the year over some Project with no basketball IQ. Projects get some coaches in trouble, because they believe they can make a player out of them and cost their team a big victory.

Stonewall Jackson is next, Stonewall will be up for Forest Park, they played the first game of the seasons. Forest Park can put pressure on their guards, no true point guard for Stonewall. I was told Burns didn't play last night, not sure if she is ready. Breyanna Mason needs another big game along with Kiana Kirkland who was not a factor in the first game. Forest Park front court players must play strong against Stonewall because Nicole Floyd is the real deal. You will not get away playing her with a 5'7 center, if you try that like you did against Potomac your season will be over. I hope you don't plan on using Mason because she would be too tired in the 4th QTR. With the two Freshman Center and Natalie you can keep bodies on Nicole, she was frustrated against GW.

This post was edited on 2/20 4:16 PM by lavoy12

This post was edited on 2/20 6:55 PM by lavoy12

This post was edited on 2/20 6:58 PM by lavoy12

This post was edited on 2/20 7:00 PM by lavoy12

not that the other districts were that much better just an off night for the wvd all three teams could have easily won. fp team last year was much better than this years team. like i tell people all the time basketball is a easy sport. make more buckets you win. one thing i can say is that the fleming girls basketball program is gradually making strides to being a championship program

You are so right, the young lady that was sitting next to me that transfer from Dayton to JMU made Forest Park a better team last year. WVD is getting better, I would love to have your center on the Fairfax Stars, a couple of years with us, she will be a beast with better foot work. Talk to her parents for me, thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT