ADVERTISEMENT

Former Magna Vista QB Taylor To Start For Ferrum

SpartanOfYore

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 15, 2009
This article from today's Roanoke Times isn't strictly about Harvey Taylor, but it does devote a couple of paragraphs to him. Taylor will be at the reins of the Panthers' offense as they switch from last season's triple option to a no-huddle, spread formation attack.

I hope Mr. Taylor fares well this season. He was one of the best qb's Salem has ever faced.

http://m.roanoke.com/sports/college...159-f003-5e3f-af73-69492cf47455.html?mode=jqm

In my opinion it was Harvey Taylor that brought the swag back to MV football. He got our community talking high school football again after many years of basement level performance and lack of interest from high schoolers in participating in football. Great young man who has been holding football camps at MV for the younger kids to give back to his community. Funny story...I was talking to Harvey before the Bassett football game his senior season and I mentioned to him that he was one of the best athletes to come out of MV and I told him my only comparable person to him was Evan Penn...Harvey looked me in the eyes and said "that's my uncle"! I didn't know when I was talking to him but I said "there you go, you have good genetics"! Very good young man and wish him the best at whatever path life takes him!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT