ADVERTISEMENT

Freedom (Woodbridge) 58 - Lake Taylor 7

falcettik

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 3, 2004
Lake Taylor has been known to travel and be willing to take on most teams, but today they got a bit more than they bargained for. Freedom (PW) absolutely manhandled Lake Taylor and came away with an easy 58-7 victory. Lake Taylor did not help themselves, turning the ball over five times to just one turnover for Freedom.

Since this game was so one sided, I will dispense with the normal detailed write up and just hit the highlights.

Freedom:
- QB Felton scored five times, on runs of 35, 12, 86, and 58 yards and a KOR of 85 yards (he also had another 51 yard run but was tackled on the LT 15 yard line). He was probably close to, if not over, 400 all purpose yards. On four of his five scores he was literally untouched by the LT defense.
- RB Brown scored twice on runs of 5 and 45 yards (untouched).
- WR Person caught a 6 yard TD pass.
- K Treminio hit a 29 yard FG and 6 extra points.
- OLB Harris had two fumble recoveries.
- FS Surratt had two INT.
- DL Hartmann had a fumble recovery.

Lake Taylor:
- RB Newton accounted for the lone LT score, a 7 yard run.
- QB Harvey had one fumble recovery on punt coverage.

Last edited:
Felton seemed to score at will. It was hard to tell if Lake Taylor has fallen off that far, or if Freedom was that good in all phases of the game.

Freedom absolutely dominated both LOS. Add in that LT refused to leave any help deep, putting 9-10 in the box within 3 yards of the LOS every play, and it was not that hard for Felton to just read the defense, pull the ball from the RB, and take off.

Given Freedom's schedule (not a very good one, IMO) I think they will go 9-1 or 8-2. But if Regions C & D combine into a 16 team bracket, as rumored, and Freedom matches up with someone like a Westfield/South County/Madison/Centreville/Battlefield in round two or three I don't think they survive that.

I agree. Lake Taylor is used to having the speed advantage and can afford that style of defense. Freedom's line and speed made them pay.

Felton seemed to score at will. It was hard to tell if Lake Taylor has fallen off that far, or if Freedom was that good in all phases of the game.

I think more astute posters here said LT was probably looking at a down season (by their recent standards).

But are we not giving Freedon enough credit here? And , would LT still beat the bottom half of the top ten?
I was at the game hamy and LT to me just didn't show up. Freedom looked like they were playing a middle school team both size and execution. I'm not sure LT is that bad it's just I know Freedom is that good. And for beating the bottom half of the top ten I wouldn't buy that either. I'm sure they would beat a few but I'm sure there are teams in that ranking that could imo

I have to agree. Especially from LT. It looks like the culture has changed. I was told that the LT players looked like they were beaten after the first score by Freedom. And the body language only got worse. I wonder what has changed? More than just talent, that's for sure.

Reactions: OCBoy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT