ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Lights!: Week 2

Nov 14, 2017
Winchester, Virginia
Its the second week of football! Who all is going to a football game tonight? What game are you going to? Who are you pulling for? Game predictions?

I am going to the home opener for Sherando against a Jefferson team that put up a fight last week against a Millbrook team that was missing Savon Smith. This makes me think either Jefferson is better than last year or Millbrook just isn't the same without Savon Smith. Or perhaps a combination of two.

Prediction: Sherando 42 Jefferson 13

I think Sherando is just too strong for Jefferson to stop.

Reactions: Shruikan and OCBoy
Maybe EV/Turner Ashby or Culpeper/Orange. EV should dominate TA. Culpeper vs Orange should be a good game, but not sure If I wanna go there. I like watching a game at Porterfield Park, but parking is a mess and the line to get in cane be very slow.

Reactions: BigBWincCity
Maybe EV/Turner Ashby or Culpeper/Orange. EV should dominate TA. Culpeper vs Orange should be a good game, but not sure If I wanna go there. I like watching a game at Porterfield Park, but parking is a mess and the line to get in cane be very slow.
The lines at James Wood last week were awful... only one was open to anybody, the rest had to be exact change. Took awhile to get in.

Its the second week of football! Who all is going to a football game tonight? What game are you going to? Who are you pulling for? Game predictions?

I am going to the home opener for Sherando against a Jefferson team that put up a fight last week against a Millbrook team that was missing Savon Smith. This makes me think either Jefferson is better than last year or Millbrook just isn't the same without Savon Smith. Or perhaps a combination of two.

Prediction: Sherando 42 Jefferson 13

I think Sherando is just too strong for Jefferson to stop.

One thing to note about Jefferson is that their 0-10 season last year was an outlier compared to the years immediately prior, due in large part to several key injuries (including their QB). They're usually good for 5-7 wins a year, though outside of Martinsburg the eastern panhandle doesn't have many quality teams, so take that for what you will.

Jefferson's QB might be the best Sherando faces off against until the playoffs so I expect them to move the ball better than James Wood was able to. He's getting a lot of attention from D1 schools.

Reactions: BigBWincCity
Same as always, I’ll be going the Byrd game tonight. They go back to Bogle Field for the 2nd straight week to face Hidden Valley. I believe that this game will be similar to the Cave Spring game but slight closer tonight. William Byrd 35-Hidden Valley 17

One thing to note about Jefferson is that their 0-10 season last year was an outlier compared to the years immediately prior, due in large part to several key injuries (including their QB). They're usually good for 5-7 wins a year, though outside of Martinsburg the eastern panhandle doesn't have many quality teams, so take that for what you will.

Jefferson's QB might be the best Sherando faces off against until the playoffs so I expect them to move the ball better than James Wood was able to. He's getting a lot of attention from D1 schools.
I look forward to a better game, but I'm not super convinced of Millbrook this year. Excited regardless!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT