ADVERTISEMENT

Frozen Tundras

VAHSFootballFan

VaPreps Rookie
Sep 8, 2017
Looks like it's going to be be COLD Friday night. Will this affect anyone and how/why? I'll start. I think it affects the throwing teams. Harder for the QB to grip the ball, harder for receiver to catch the ball.

Looks like it's going to be be COLD Friday night. Will this affect anyone and how/why? I'll start. I think it affects the throwing teams. Harder for the QB to grip the ball, harder for receiver to catch the ball.
Will be about 40 here at game time and going down. It will be cold but I think the biggest problem is that it has been warm here every game until now. Pass or run, none of the players had seen this yet. I see a lot of turnovers , especially in the colder 2 nd half when some fatigue sets in.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
We've all gotten soft this fall. 35 will feel like -35.

I was chuckling earlier tonight and my wife looked at me and said, "what"? I told her "I just read where they revised the expected low for Friday night to 26". I told her "in December through mid February, if it only drops to 26, we will be saying how warm it stayed over-night"!

It will be right tough down at Lake Taylor. That's a chilly and windy place to play this time of year.

Supposed to be 35 and dropping at kickoff in Lynchburg for Byrd-Glass on Friday night.

Gonna be cold and the field will be wet in Danville. Game time temperature projected to be 38 with a wind chill of 34. Coldest game GW has had so far this year was maybe low 50s.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Looks like its gonna be cold, windy and wet for most of the state. Teams with sound running games or defenses that play the run well should likely have the advantage. Surely makes some of the games much more interesting than the look on paper. Good luck to all the teams participating and stay warm fans.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT