ADVERTISEMENT

Galax coaching search

MT FAN 91

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 19, 2013
Has anyone heard any names being tossed around with the Galax opening? I'm not hearing much.

Has anyone heard any names being tossed around with the Galax opening? I'm not hearing much.
Pretty short notice. Might look for an interim coach for the upcoming season. What happened to the guy that took over Carroll last year when Turner resigned. ?He ended fairly strong, considering the situation

Casey Burcham finished the season at Carroll as the interim. I don't think he wanted the headache of dealing with "mama's" after his stint as interim. I can't imagine he would want to fill Dixon's shoes if he didn't want the responsibility at Carroll.

Shane Allen, the former Tazewell head coach and Galax DC for the past 4 or 5 seasons is the logical choice. But we will see.

Casey Burcham finished the season at Carroll as the interim. I don't think he wanted the headache of dealing with "mama's" after his stint as interim. I can't imagine he would want to fill Dixon's shoes if he didn't want the responsibility at Carroll.

Shane Allen, the former Tazewell head coach and Galax DC for the past 4 or 5 seasons is the logical choice. But we will see.
Did Dixon have an OC, or was he pretty much the offense coach, period!

Allen would have to be the leading candidate if he is interested in taking the helm. Their defense was on point when you see what’s on tape. This is a very good job for the right person or sure. Gotta stoke the GW fans and ask if they think Harner can get over the hump against Galax minus Dixon?

I have heard that Galax named Shane Allen the new head coach.....probably the most logical choice

ADVERTISEMENT