ADVERTISEMENT

Galax @ PH Glade Spring

MT FAN 91

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 19, 2013
What's everyone's take on this game? I think this will be the best most physical team Galax has seen in the playoffs. From my understanding PH has a very good defense and will not be a pushover. I do believe if Galax plays up to their capabilities they can come away with the win and head back to Salem.

Galax will likely represent the west in Salem. Not saying that to slight PH in anyway. They deserve to be in the semi and get a chance to prove it. I think Galax wins by a couple scores and has probably the best chance to go heads up with the east. I’ve noticed that PH has done some homework and runs similar formations as the riverheads. This might help Galax by getting a chance to see same style two weeks in a row

Last edited:
Has anyone seen both teams play, how do they compare? I know on paper PH is alot bigger but it also has the people's kid from Galax listed at 175lbs. There is no way that kid is 175lbs.

Yeah I think this will be a good game. PH has some size and they have home field. They will be amped up to play. Galax just has to remember who they are and play!

Last edited:
Reactions: MT FAN 91
Galax by probably 3 TD's if not more. I know yall will jump on me and say PH is big and physical and played tough all season....which I will agree with. However, I am not sure PH has played anyone like Glenvar or Northside and probably not anyone with as many skilled kids as GW (who Galax handled with ease....twice) Sorry but Galax is on a different level....Just like next weekend I forsee Riverheads being a step ahead or two steps of Galax. Also, dont buy into Essex giving Riverheads a game....3 TDs or more win for RH; plenty of skill of Essex but RH will flat smack them in the mouth with the run and on defense and Essex will lay down. Galax and Riverheads both win with reasonable ease, then RH wins in Salem by 14+

Having not seen PHGS I can only go off of those from the area. Seeing about all of Galax’s game on YouTube they are good, real good. Also looking at the little bit of film on Essex, they can flat play with anyone. I think they will have to not commit any turnovers which has been a problem at times but they are more than capable of playing with anybody in the state. You just don’t get that many possessions against a Galax or Riverheads. Well you kind of do against them if they score quick but the defenses that they face this week will limit the big play in my opinion. PH and Essex both have a shot based off of the way they have played this year, not last year or any other year. I believe this is the four best teams in 1A this year and had them picked as such before the season started. Anything can happen and if Galax were to have some uncharacteristic turnovers early and PH score gaining confidence, it could be a dogfight. That is exactly what I would say about the Riverheads Essex game. If Riverheads turns it over like last year and Essex turns those into points, the game could slide away and the “upset” would be complete. Still trying to grasp how a #1 seed beating a #1 seed in a state semifinal is an upset but I digress.

Reactions: Optimal62
If Galax shows up and plays their A game, they'll win by 14+, they're just that good.

ADVERTISEMENT