ADVERTISEMENT

Games of Interest This Weekend to Shenandoah Valley Fans

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
To summarize, this is the final weekend for state championship games, and several teams who either are or at one time have been in either the Valley, Shenandoah, or Pioneer districts are competing for state titles. Here is the line up with game times as I know them and I hope someone will correct me if I am wrong about anything. All games appear to be on NFHS.

BOYS:

In Class 2, East Rockingham makes the long trip to Union. I believe that game is Sunday at 3:00.

In Class 1, in a most interesting match-up, Altavista will visit Parry McCluer. As most of you know, Mike Cartolaro was once the coach at Altavista but is now at PM. That game is today (Saturday) at 2:00.

GIRLS:

In Class 3, Spotswood will be hosting George Mason. I have only seen "Saturday night" as the time for that one. My best educated guess would be 7:00 but I am sure those who need to know already do.

In Class 2, Luray makes the longggggggg trip to Gate City in a re-match of last year's state final. The Lady Bulldogs are unbeaten. That is also a Saturday game, presumably 2:00, although I did see 2:30 one place.

In Class 1, Riverheads is making its first appearance in a state final and makes the long journey to Honaker to play the unbeaten Lady Tigers on their own floor. A tall task for sure but when you get to this stage, anything can happen. That is a 3:00 Sunday game.

Good luck to one and all then believe it or not, football starts as early as Monday night in some places!!!

So stoked to watch Union and East Rock. Man, I wish the Bobcats were there, but that ain't keeping me from watching. I wish I could be there in person to see it. This game is an absolute toss up. Much like this post on the Shenandoah, it's a huge day/weekend in the M7 and SWVA as they have a bunch of teams in girls and boys going for titles in Abingdon, Union, Honaker, Gate City, and Grundy in wrestling as well as a bunch of individual competitors trying to get a state title in wrestling from Abingdon to John Battle to Union to Graham. Pretty solid High School Sports Weekend.

Reactions: BigWinners
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT