ADVERTISEMENT

Games this week

oldfool2

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 17, 2019
So much talk about games cancelled and finding games and replacements found and cancelled again. So who the heck is actually playing in 2A this week?

In 2D:
Graham still no game AFAIK
Union plays Thomas Walker
Ridgeview plays at Richlands
Wise plays Abingdon
VHS is playing at Spotswood
That's all the top teams.

Reactions: oldfool2
Big W, what do you think about Wise? I think they may be the best 2 loss 2A team in the state with the close losses to Ridgeview and Christiansburg. I know Abingdon is tough, but I wouldn't be very surprised if Central pulled the win.

Big W, what do you think about Wise? I think they may be the best 2 loss 2A team in the state with the close losses to Ridgeview and Christiansburg. I know Abingdon is tough, but I wouldn't be very surprised if Central pulled the win.
From everything I've gathered, they really had chances against RV but couldn't convert in red zone. So I'm not sure they're really behind the other teams but the loss hurts. The Christiansburg loss doesn't really hurt them too much but the M7 loss hurts. They're a playoff lock but youd rather get a top two seed and a home game.
As for this week, after saying they may struggle a bit to start the year, it appears I was totally wrong per usual and Abingdon has filled any holes from last year and really have impressed. They're a tough, physical bunch with good line play and more than enough talent at the skill positions. I'm not sure they aren't the best team in the M7. It won't affect the 2D playoffs, it's a lock that Union/RV/Wise all make it in, but avoiding Graham for as long as possible is a big motivator and with Union-RV-Abingdon all having to play each other, getting a W this week could really push Wise back into the contender zone after being kinda sidelined by most.

I think the Falcons win but Wise keeps it close. No one is going to blow Wise out unless they just totally fall apart, their style should keep them in every game. I'm just not sure they are overall as skilled as Abingdon. Wise has been quiet with the 2-2 start but a W here and they're right back in the mix. I'll take Abingdon by ~10.

Reactions: Raiders Radio
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT