ADVERTISEMENT

George Wythe vs Narrows

Optimal62

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 15, 2017
Someone please tell me this game is played on Saturday next week!!!!!

I believe this could be one of the best games that region C has seen this year.

How does everyone see this one playing out?

I'm still up in the air on this one, I was thinking the final score in the Narrows and Grayson game would have been that in the first or second qtr.

Last edited:
I think GW wins but it will be a close one. Narrows seems to be really good at making halftime adjustments as can be seen in their halftime scores vs. final scores in games over the last few years. I listened to some of the PM-GW game on the Wytheville radio station and they were quick to point out how GW never seems to make in-game adjustments so I dont know how that will play in to this game if at all. Should be a good one between two good teams.

I think GW wins but it will be a close one. Narrows seems to be really good at making halftime adjustments as can be seen in their halftime scores vs. final scores in games over the last few years. I listened to some of the PM-GW game on the Wytheville radio station and they were quick to point out how GW never seems to make in-game adjustments so I dont know how that will play in to this game if at all. Should be a good one between two good teams.

you are correct sir, never do they make adjustments. coach wins with pure talent and thats it

Reactions: G MASTER BLASTER W
Ive seem narrows on film and if they come oit slow GW can make this one ugly. Ive also had people who have seen both in person against common opponents say GW should win. But just for the record neither GW nor Narrows even comes close to being able to play with Galax. We dont have the coaching and I dont think they have the horses. No disrespect intended just being practical.

Reactions: obguthr and mmqp
Also, just throwing this out there but a bit of history. These two were longtime rivals in the old New River District and have played a handful of times since those days. The series currently stands at 27 wins for each and 4 ties.

Safe travels Maroons and see ya Friday night.

Im curious to see if the game will be moved. That field will be a muddy swamp if any rain gets on it

You can pacify the kids, parents, and fans with that nonsense, but, anyone who watches the game objectively can see the truth.

if wythe had a good coach who could make adjustments it would be a good game. I would take wythes QB, RB, and WR over theirs. their line is just head and shoulders better and their D scheme is 1000% better. thats where wythe sucks

if wythe had a good coach who could make adjustments it would be a good game. I would take wythes QB, RB, and WR over theirs. their line is just head and shoulders better and their D scheme is 1000% better. thats where wythe sucks
This is exactly what I was aboit to say lol. Our skills kids are just better our QB, RB and 1 WR are all over 1000 yards this year we have speed all over the field. Our skills are better. Now I'll never say our line is even close to as good Galax has the best o line on 1A no question.

You can pacify the kids, parents, and fans with that nonsense, but, anyone who watches the game objectively can see the truth.
I watch the game objectively always have always will. I'll be the 1st to say if GW beats Narrows this week and by some miracle gets past Galax then RH will beat us by 50+ easily. Galax is the only team on 1A who even remotely stands a chance at beating RH and I honestly don't think they can do it. No disrespect to any other team in 1A bit RH hangs 42+ on anyone they play going forward imo.

Reactions: obguthr
IMO if Narrows has nagging injuries then GW wins going away. If everyone is back and at 100% then its a ballgame for a full 48 minutes.

This is exactly what I was aboit to say lol. Our skills kids are just better our QB, RB and 1 WR are all over 1000 yards this year we have speed all over the field. Our skills are better. Now I'll never say our line is even close to as good Galax has the best o line on 1A no question.
QB maybe a little better but the running back isn't and the receiving is fairly close as well, now I've only watched GW play twice year so I dont have much to go on.

QB maybe a little better but the running back isn't and the receiving is fairly close as well, now I've only watched GW play twice year so I dont have much to go on.
Their RB couldn't start at GW that's why he went to Fort Chis, he couldn't run their either so he goes to galax with a great Oline so of course he looks good. who wouldn't behind that line. just saying

Their RB couldn't start at GW that's why he went to Fort Chis, he couldn't run their either so he goes to galax with a great Oline so of course he looks good. who wouldn't behind that line. just saying
All I know is when we played against him when he was at Fort he was running over people and looked dang good but that was only one game. I know it seems like most people form Wythe county don't think he is very good and that's fine but all I know he had done a really good job for us.

Seems to be some jealousy or resentment (or a bit of both) coming from Wythe County over this kid transferring to Galax. I think it's easily overlooked, his dad, uncles, aunts, brothers and cousins all played for Galax. His brother and cousin were both starters on the 2015 state championship team! His grandmother lived directly across the street from my mother for well over 25 years.

As MT FAN 91 said, he's done a phenomenal job for the Tide. Maybe if Wythe County made him feel more welcome, he wouldn't be staring for the Tide!

Seems to be some jealousy or resentment (or a bit of both) coming from Wythe County over this kid transferring to Galax. I think it's easily overlooked, his dad, uncles, aunts, brothers and cousins all played for Galax. His brother and cousin were both starters on the 2015 state championship team! His grandmother lived directly across the street from my mother for well over 25 years.

As MT FAN 91 said, he's done a phenomenal job for the Tide. Maybe if Wythe County made him feel more welcome, he wouldn't be staring for the Tide!
This is just curious question why did he go to fort before going to Galax

Is transferring a big thing in the area? Just wondering because I cant think of many instances in Augusta county where there are 4 county schools and two city schools all within 30 minutes of one another.

Is transferring a big thing in the area? Just wondering because I cant think of many instances in Augusta county where there are 4 county schools and two city schools all within 30 minutes of one another.

I wouldn't say it's a "big thing" but it happens. A handful of Grayson starters this season are Galax transfers. It goes both ways.

Reactions: Optimal62
Thanks, I find that interesting. I cant imagine a starting skill player from another county school transferring to any of the local schools. There have been some kids that have moved prior to JV during their 7th-8th grade year but certainly no Varsity starting RB/WB that I recall. I have watched the RB from Galax and I don't get where the criticism come from. Seems like very gifted athlete that has some jets for sure.

I posted this and remembered a WB from Wilson transferring to Stuarts Draft after his So season. He had started for Wilson as a Fr and again as a So but decided to go to Draft for his Jr and Sr years. Unfortunately he was behind a very good starter and had limited touches his Jr year then was injured his Sr year if I remember correctly.

Reactions: MT FAN 91
All I know is when we played against him when he was at Fort he was running over people and looked dang good but that was only one game. I know it seems like most people form Wythe county don't think he is very good and that's fine but all I know he had done a really good job for us.

credit dixon (best coach this side of richmond) and a stellar offensive line

he couldnt win starting job and GW thats why he left

The three you mentioned from GW are good players, I think the three from Galax more than held their own against their counter parts in that game.
GAME LEADERS
fb49aba8e23d45889e3986b7ce9a6111.png
Galax
Pass: #8 Cole Pickett: 8-18, 202 yds, 2 tds
Rush: #1 Denver Brown: 7 car, 166 yds, 3 tds
Rec: #5 Zach Johnson: 3 rec, 119 yds, 2 tds
cd53578bfe8b438ba984ac3925e88d37.png
George Wythe
Pass: #2 Cole Simmons: 15-26, 183 yds, 1 tds
Rush: #3 Rav-von Wells: 12 car, 27 yds, 1 tds
Rec: #19 Braydon Thompson: 5 rec, 111 yds, 0 tds

The three you mentioned from GW are good players, I think the three from Galax more than held their own against their counter parts in that game.
GAME LEADERS
Galax
George Wythe
Looks like the 3 from Galax done better in that game, I like Picket as our QB he has really improved and done a great job for us this year. Denver and Zach have done great as well and have been awesome additions to our team. I for one am happy they play for Galax and I can say I'm proud of how well they've all played this year. Keep up the good works guys!!!

GAME LEADERS
Galax
George Wythe
GW has a weak DB that they will not replace! It’s sad to say but he needs to be benched but coaches refuse. If I was an opposing team I would attack him all game every play.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT