ADVERTISEMENT

Get to know your fellow Prep's posters

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
I know Dinwiddie Proud has said something similar in the past and I will reiterate it here. Reach out and meet your fellow posters on this board. It will not only enrich your experience on this board, it will enrich your life. I know Wikki was the first person that I met from this board about 8 years ago and since then I have met hundreds of posters or readers from this board. I wish I had kept track of all the people that have come up to me over the years and started a conversation simply because of my participation on this forum. I looked on my contacts list and 35 of them are because of this board. I regularly communicate with a group of guys that I have met from this board.

I feel that the more interconnected we are, the less isolated we feel. When we go through struggles in life it is always good to have someone to bounce things off of. I know this from my own experience and I tell people who are struggling to find something you're passionate about and throw yourself into it. As you put yourself out there you will make connections that will help yourself and others. I have told someone close to me who has struggled with depression over the years that the best way to help yourself is to help others. Helping others is such a blessing and it truly is a symbiotic relationship. When you take the focus off of yourself you can be a real blessing to someone else and in turn it helps you to feel better as well.

So as we begin another season, let's enjoy football, and the camaraderie of our shared interest. Reach out and make those connections. Some of my closest friends I have met through this board. It never hurts to have another friend.

I know Dinwiddie Proud has said something similar in the past and I will reiterate it here. Reach out and meet your fellow posters on this board. It will not only enrich your experience on this board, it will enrich your life. I know Wikki was the first person that I met from this board about 8 years ago and since then I have met hundreds of posters or readers from this board. I wish I had kept track of all the people that have come up to me over the years and started a conversation simply because of my participation on this forum. I looked on my contacts list and 35 of them are because of this board. I regularly communicate with a group of guys that I have met from this board.

I feel that the more interconnected we are, the less isolated we feel. When we go through struggles in life it is always good to have someone to bounce things off of. I know this from my own experience and I tell people who are struggling to find something you're passionate about and throw yourself into it. As you put yourself out there you will make connections that will help yourself and others. I have told someone close to me who has struggled with depression over the years that the best way to help yourself is to help others. Helping others is such a blessing and it truly is a symbiotic relationship. When you take the focus off of yourself you can be a real blessing to someone else and in turn it helps you to feel better as well.

So as we begin another season, let's enjoy football, and the camaraderie of our shared interest. Reach out and make those connections. Some of my closest friends I have met through this board. It never hurts to have another friend.
I have met Mike Salem, Dinwiddie Proud, tombstone from Pulaski but he hasn’t been on here for years, and Danville poster. Several others but can’t remember their screen names it may no longer be on here. I’m meeting Louisa guy this Friday

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I invite you all to Stuart's Draft game this year, I'll meet everyone. Everyone knows who I am, and if not everyone knows I'm in press box so not hard to find

I’ve met some good people on here. Hoos was the first person I met, then the Dinwiddie crew (so many I hate to name names and forget someone), Wikki, Mike, my GW brother Lewis, Mbonape, Lyhsports, Springer, hrsepasture1...If I’m forgetting someone you get to shave my head next :eek::(:) but definitely reach out and meet people! Hope to meet Vols, CatchTDs, Gunz, One Man, the Magna Vista crew, Antgeez, Chuck, FreeAtLast, 3putt, SBU, and many others this year!

I’ve met some good people on here. Hoos was the first person I met, then the Dinwiddie crew (so many I hate to name names and forget someone), Wikki, Mike, my GW brother Lewis, Mbonape, Lyhsports, Springer...If I’m forgetting someone you get to shave my head next :eek::(:) but definitely reach out and meet people! Hope to meet Vols, CatchTDs, One Man, FreeAtLast, 3putt, SBU, and many others this year!

What about me DSH :(

Reactions: wikki
I’ve met some good people on here. Hoos was the first person I met, then the Dinwiddie crew (so many I hate to name names and forget someone), Wikki, Mike, my GW brother Lewis, Mbonape, Lyhsports, Springer, hrsepasture1...If I’m forgetting someone you get to shave my head next :eek::(:) but definitely reach out and meet people! Hope to meet Vols, CatchTDs, Gunz, One Man, the Magna Vista crew, Antgeez, Chuck, FreeAtLast, 3putt, SBU, and many others this year!
Look forward to meeting you as well! Which Seminole games are you planning to attend?

DSH, maybe there is a Gunz and a Gunz41..., and maybe Gunz 1-40 too? (Nah, he is the one and only).

I'm scared I would leave someone out if start listing so I'll say I have met a bunch. There are two I hope to put a face to before I die. Pizzzza, and Chilwar. Both are fine gentlemen. I've exchanged a number of IM's and emails with them over the years, and I respect both greatly.

Hope to meet all of you in Dinwiddie this year. I would love to meet as many of you as possible. I would have loved to have met Danville Sports Head at the scrimmage, but apparently, Mr. Mike Stevens did not think I was good enough to hang with that crew. Maybe DSH is stuck up with all that talent the Eagles have.

Hope to meet all of you in Dinwiddie this year. I would love to meet as many of you as possible. I would have loved to have met Danville Sports Head at the scrimmage, but apparently, Mr. Mike Stevens did not think I was good enough to hang with that crew. Maybe DSH is stuck up with all that talent the Eagles have.
I was surprised to see DSH & Lyhsports at the scrimmage. I didn't see the post about his appearance until later.

For you Magna Vista guys, or anyone else for that matter, I should be at the benefit Fri around 6ish. I'll be around the 30 on the Salem side away from the field house. (When you come in the gate go up the ramp on the far right of the stands, I'll be in the blue powerchair at the rail)

I was surprised to see DSH & Lyhsports at the scrimmage. I didn't see the post about his appearance until later.

For you Magna Vista guys, or anyone else for that matter, I should be at the benefit Fri around 6ish. I'll be around the 30 on the Salem side away from the field house. (When you come in the gate go up the ramp on the far right of the stands, I'll be in the blue powerchair at the rail)
Blue??? I thought it was red. New chair?

Hey guys, this is as good of a place as any to share this.

If you are not a Premium member of VirginiaPreps, you are really missing out on some great information.

Right now, Matt is doing a top 10 count down across all six classes in the state. He includes a lot of info about "why" a team is ranked where they are. Check it out to see where and why your team is ranked.

Danny is currently doing a team by team profile of all of the greater Richmond are teams. He is tactful with his wording, but he calls a spade a spade. Great information that is backed up by solid research.

Private schools are not left out. Will Garlick is taking us school by school across the state, with inside information on players and teams.

On top of this, there is an endless stream of recruiting information provided. Keep up with players from across the state as they are courted by colleges big and small. It's exciting to watch a kid we have seen grow up get that opportunity to play at the next level.

Becoming a Premium member of VirginiaPreps gets you access to the entire Rivals network. If you love sports, especially football and basketball, you really should consider a membership.

For less than $100 a year, you get tons of local, state, and national news, most of which is exclusive to Virginia Preps. And for a limited time, Rivals is offering $99 worth of free gear when you join. Basically, your first year will be for free.

It's a steal to start with, but just as importantly he helps assure that Virginia Preps can continue, and that we can all enjoy this forum.

Thank you for giving it your consideration.

Reactions: matthew328826
"Hope to meet Vols, CatchTDs, Gunz, One Man, the MagnaVista crew, Antgeez, Chuck, FreeAtLast, 3putt, SBU, and many others this year!"

Are you wearing the same glasses that Navy wears when he umpires a softball game?

"Hope to meet Vols, CatchTDs, Gunz, One Man, the MagnaVista crew, Antgeez, Chuck, FreeAtLast, 3putt, SBU, and many others this year!"

Are you wearing the same glasses that Navy wears when he umpires a softball game?

Apparently I am, except I dont wear glasses and I believe a lot younger. I was just giving my buddy DSH a hard time, but I honestly didn't see it lol

You may remember me saying this before. I was at a game, and I asked one of Navy's fellow umpires what Navy was doing behind the plate, (not his typical position), and without hesitation he said because Helen Keller wasn't available!

I'm usually ensconced in the Press Box during GW games. :) But if any of you are in Danville for the LCA game on the 24th, we will actually be broadcasting OUTSIDE the press box, under a tent to the river side of the home bleachers. This will be a very special broadcast. I'll let you know why as we get closer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT