ADVERTISEMENT

Giles

intrinsicreward

VaPreps Varsity
Aug 4, 2015
I haven't heard anything from any of the usual Giles posters on here which is very weird considering how it used to be. What does it look like for Giles this year? I know they were very young last year. Is this the comeback year?

I think they are still a year away. Still very young team. They have a good backfield with 3 backs that can do damage but still developing the guys up front. If they can come together Then they will be improved from last year.

Reactions: intrinsicreward
Hidden Valley manhandled them on Friday. I think Giles might be in for a long season.

Giles has 4 seniors and a bunch of kids playing for first time in a few years...gonna be a tough season but will gain experience for next year when they should be pretty good

Reactions: intrinsicreward
Other than the usual rumor mill, camp has been pretty quiet for Giles. They will be super young this season. HV did manhandle them, which is a big concern. Friday could be very ugly with power house Bluefield coming for the benefit game. If the coaching staff can keep these young men engaged and don't let them get down they can win some games. By no means do I feel they will be as good a last year but that's all speculation until they get on the field in a real game.

Reactions: moto138
Other than the usual rumor mill, camp has been pretty quiet for Giles. They will be super young this season. HV did manhandle them, which is a big concern. Friday could be very ugly with power house Bluefield coming for the benefit game. If the coaching staff can keep these young men engaged and don't let them get down they can win some games. By no means do I feel they will be as good a last year but that's all speculation until they get on the field in a real game.
Is Kip Green not playing this year?

Kip was "advised" to transfer to a non single wing program at a camp. Larger college programs are not recruiting single wing players, especially linemen. They want to see them in a more traditional offense.

Kip was "advised" to transfer to a non single wing program at a camp. Larger college programs are not recruiting single wing players, especially linemen. They want to see them in a more traditional offense.

I see what you did there NewSpartan, lol. Graham fans insert here____________________________.

Reactions: 19GHS87
The remarks about the being told at a camp to transfer to a non SW school is not true. Its either an out right lie or an excuse when asked about transferring. However if I am wrong and it is true, please someone find out what school told him this and the name of the coach specifically who told him that.

Sorry new Spartan but you are wrong....he wasn't advised anything....he better get a lot tougher if he wants to even play D3 much less D1.....him playing bball for cormany is laughable

If you were transferring for better footage for college recruiting, wouldn't Blacksburg or Bluefield have been a better fit? 2A school to 2A is still 2A football. I love it, but it is a small pond.

Sorry to get so many riled up. Just what was told by a reliable source. Either way wish the kid the best. He is a really good kid that does need a lot of work if he is going to play at the next level. Has all the tools, just not the skill yet

Sorry to get so many riled up. Just what was told by a reliable source. Either way wish the kid the best. He is a really good kid that does need a lot of work if he is going to play at the next level. Has all the tools, just not the skill yet
"NOT" a reliable source!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT