ADVERTISEMENT

Girl’s Finals. Luray vs Gate City. Boy’s Finals John Marshall vs Gate City

RNB

VaPreps Hall of Famer
May 29, 2001
Hope to see some old friends for these two games Thursday

I like the GC girl's chances. The boys, not so much. But going 1/2 would be a great accomplishment. Good luck.

Reactions: AntGZee
The important thing to know about Gate City is they will bring the entire town to VCU and sellout the place. When Mac was there 3 years ago people were turned away because the facility was filled to capacity mainly with fans from Gate City.

So get there EARLY!

Reactions: Johnny"football"
The important thing to know about Gate City is they will bring the entire town to VCU and sellout the place. When Mac was there 3 years ago people were turned away because the facility was filled to capacity mainly with fans from Gate City.

So get there EARLY!
Yea, girls game is at 1230. Get there 11-1130 easy.

I am thinking maybe not so much since it is a Thursday

Page County schools closed tomorrow (encouraging all to attend the game)
I was thinking more about the adults; but I guess they could take a couple of vacation days I know I used to do that whether I had a team or not. I know a couple of guys from Tidewater and a husband and wife from Lynchburg who do the same.

Reactions: VAHoops1
I was thinking more about the adults; but I guess they could take a couple of vacation days I know I used to do that whether I had a team or not. I know a couple of guys from Tidewater and a husband and wife from Lynchburg who do the same.
These games and the first round of March madness, I always take off of work lol

Looks like today's games got lucky in avoiding this VHSL decision:

The Virginia High School League announced Thursday that only direct family members from both participating teams will be allowed to attend Friday and Saturday’s state basketball finals in Richmond.

Each participating school will submit a list of immediate family members to the VHSL and only those will be permitted to enter the Siegel Center, the VHSL said.

Thursday’s state finals will go on as planned with no changes.

Reactions: Va434
Yeah they dodged a bullet, that’s good they can go to the games because they traveled really far to see the kids play

Reactions: VAHoops1
ADVERTISEMENT