ADVERTISEMENT

GIRLS 2B Championship - #1 Luray 77 #7 Staunton 47 - FINAL

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
Final: Luray 77, Staunton 47 Region 2B girls basketball championship.

Halftime: Luray 38, Staunton 23 Region 2B Girls Basketball Championship

While Luray will advance to the state tournament, Staunton's season comes to an end.

I’m predicting a repeat of last year’s championship game - Gate City vs Luray.

But Luray will avenge their loss IMHO

I’m predicting a repeat of last year’s championship game - Gate City vs Luray.

But Luray will avenge their loss IMHO

I can't pick against the M7 until they lose. I think GC will have the best player on the floor, they're battle tested and they know how to win big games at this stage. I wouldn't be stunned if they lose but they to me have to be the favorite.

Distance-wise, Luray , Gate City and King William is quite the road trip!

C/D host on boys side so I'm almost sure they host girls as well. I know Union boys could host a state title game if they somehow upset Radford.

A trip from King William to GC would be one helluva haul. You almost have to go the night before if possible or the kids are exhausted from the bus ride alone.

C/D host on boys side so I'm almost sure they host girls as well. I know Union boys could host a state title game if they somehow upset Radford.

A trip from King William to GC would be one helluva haul. You almost have to go the night before if possible or the kids are exhausted from the bus ride alone.

Thats one of the major problems this post-season, with there being no central, neutral location - someone is going to have to travel a loooooong ways, while the host team sits and waits.

Thats one of the major problems this post-season, with there being no central, neutral location - someone is going to have to travel a loooooong ways, while the host team sits and waits.
It's def fell in the laps of the teams in Region D, having the hosting duties and allowing home games has really created a quagmire if a team from Region A has to travel to a place like GC or Honaker.

I favor Mathews to win the state championship. If they win and JI Burton wins, Mathews has about a 7.5 hour bus ride to JI Burton.

Was hoping for a Thomas Walker-Mathews extreme travel Class 1 final.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT