ADVERTISEMENT

GIRLS 2D Championship: Gate City 58 Ridgeview 41 -FINAL

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
Girls

Region 2D Championship Game: Final score Gate City 58 Ridgeview 41.

Girls will host Glenvar Wednesday at 7:00 in the Class 2A State final four.

Looks like back 2 back chips for GC. I don't see anyone beating them.

Looks like back 2 back chips for GC. I don't see anyone beating them.
Have you saw Sarah Thompson play?
She's a BEAST and going to ETSU.

I'm not sure GC will face a team as good as Ridgeview from here on out but I could be wrong.

Do you think they're the best team on the East side? Someone had said Poqouson is legit but I'm not sure.
But as we all know you got to give whoever wins 2D the benefit of the doubt lol, the state title seems to live in the M7 in recent memory on the girls side. Four teams from the M7 have played for a title and three have won it.

Oh I totally agree about the girls ship running through SW VA!

Actually, King William is hosting for Region A girls - will face Luray more than likely in the state semis.

I think Luray has a legit shot at the title - Emilee Weakly is a stud!

Reactions: BigWinners
Oh I totally agree about the girls ship running through SW VA!

Actually, King William is hosting for Region A girls - will face Luray more than likely in the state semis.

I think Luray has a legit shot at the title - Emilee Weakly is a stud!
Have you gotten to see GC play?
seems like Luray is one of the better programs on the East side, they're usually around this time of year.

Gate City beat Luray in last year's championship - 64-54 - so these two teams know each other.

Luray is basically new on the state tournament scene, so last year will help them a lot this season, assuming both teams get to the finals (which is the only way they will play this year).

I don't know much about King William, to be honest - they will host Luray in the state semis (assuming they beat Staunton in the 2B finals).

Reactions: BigWinners
Sarah Thompson play for GC? If so, yes. I saw GC win the chip in Richmond last year. I was very impressed by GC. They played team ball and didn't turn the ball over much, if I remember correctly.

ADVERTISEMENT