ADVERTISEMENT

GIRLS 5A Semis: Princess Anne 107 Woodgrove 45 - FINAL

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
Game was a rout from the beginning - PA led 57-17 @ the half.

Lady Cavs (26-1) notch their 18th consecutive State Tournament win as HC Darnell Dozier moves to 658-55 overall.

PA will play the Highland Springs/PH-Roanoke winner in Saturday's Finals.

Aziaha James with 32 points, 15/22 from the field, 6 steals, 5 rebounds.

James with 73 points in two State Playoff games.

Jasha Clinto with 16pts, Zakiya Stephenson with 13pts.

PA getting better or the competition getting weaker? Obviously they've been a powerhouse for years but there used to be teams that could compete with them. Spreading the better teams across classes 4-6 when they all used to be AAA hasn't helped.

Reactions: pizzzzza
PA is clearly the favorite. HSHS girls are very young! Note: there are NO SENIORS on the ENTIRE team! AND... the Walker girl (HS's best player last year) went to a private school and wanted to come back to HS but could not play because it was too late... She is at Henrico now. I'm pretty sure she will be back at HSHS next year. With that being said, as good as our girls are (24-2), they will be much better next year.... with that being said, can they win against PA? Anything is possible! Not likely, but still possible!...
Look out for the Lady Springers this Saturday and NEXT YEAR!
After next year, it looks like HSHS will fall into Class 6 (if this set up is still intact). We could be free of Princess Ann then!!;)

...that score is obscene against a clearly over matched opponent...and to be frank, classless.

25-30 points sure...hearing you on that...that's a message...

62 points...Uh, no...that IS classless

Normally I would agree with you on the score differential.

But I watched that entire game, and really never saw them run up or rub it in against Woodgrove.

It was obvious after the first few possessions that this was a total mismatch.

PA was superior at every position, and had way too much quickness.

And when they brought in their subs, there was really no drop off talent wise.

It was scary to think what the score 'could' have been....

Just my opinion.

I only watched the first quarter but in my experience most girls games with 60-point margins are games that could have been 100-point margins if the winning team went all out for 32 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT