ADVERTISEMENT

GIRLS 6A Finals: James Madison 38 Osbourn Park 29 - FINAL

Both teams shooting under 25% from the floor.

Sarah Link and Mia Chapman leading all scorers with 6 points each

Madison girls outrebounding Osbourn Park 19-12, that might be the difference in a game like this..

HALF: Madison 15 Osbourn Park 8

A defensive battle so far.

Neither team has been able to find an offensive rhythm.

OP has successfully contained the Arnolie twins, Madison's two leading scorers.

But the Warhawks have countered with some great D of their own.

After watching the 3A and 4A finals, all four of those teams would beat both of these teams.

Reactions: AntGZee
Third quarter both offenses have opened up a little bit...and the stars are producing. Grace Arnolie has five points this quarter, as does Hailey Kellogg for Osbourn Park...it's Madison 24-15, 3:25 left 3Q.

After 3,
@MadGBball
leads 29-17

After being held scoreless in the 1st half, Grace Arnolie puts up 8 in the quarter.

FNlzzwhVQAcCGoJ

We all are entitled to our opinions.
You're swinging a rather large net without any particular specifics. I watched the Meridian game yesterday (among others of theirs)... good game and teams. They had more shots fall, but a quite a few trips down the court, it was just dribble drive penetration and scramble for the rebound, defense outside the arc wasn't that tight. Again, it is the style the teams are coached... not that it is bad, just different. It was officiated like a Big 10 game... loads of physical play, a lot of uncalled fouls (the Meridian game was a little out of control in parts); but hey, play the game you have.

Any of the final four teams in 3A / 4A / 5A / 6A would take it to each other... and that would be an interesting tournament... though none of them would stand a chance against the top VISAA schools like Paul VI (Madison didn't). Madison is losing a bunch of seniors, so won't be the same team next year...

Last edited:
Reactions: otnorot
Please correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't Paul VI recruit?

Last edited:
Please correct me if I'm wrong. Doesn't Paul IV recruit?
Yes… and they play with a shot clock… that completely changes the game.

James Madison beat Elizabeth Seton, Maret, and Bishop O’Connell… lost to Georgetown Visitation (beat them twice two seasons ago) and lost to Paul VI.

You play the Catholic and private schools to sharpen the team’s game, both the coaches and players… if teams don’t test themselves, given some of the lack of conference strength, they can’t be better come playoff time

Last edited:
The talent level in NoVa public school girls has certainly declined over the years, and the games have gotten low-scoring, but Madison has a very good team and no way would Meridian be favored against them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT