ADVERTISEMENT

Girls Basketball West Rankings all divisions 1-5

Nov 20, 2018
hello everyone
Let me start with some basic info about me
why?
Because for some reason chat boards all try to figure out who you are and why you are here
I Graduated 5 daughters. Yes 5 daughters
I have strong ties to Deep South VA where 2 of my 5 Daughters graduated. I've spent most of the last 20 years in Western PA where some of my daughters now teach and coach. I've been back in VA for almost 3 years now and spend a lot of time watching basketball. I have multiple granddaughters and 1 Grandson none of which are highschool age yet but I can't wait until they are.

I use to referee years ago for a few years and now have several friends that continue to referee. Yes they are older like me and need to retire

So I've spent a lot of time watching some teams over the past few years and thought it would be fun to rank the teams and see where the debate takes us. I started some rankings on a Deep South board but most in that area wish to only talk about south west teams. I understand that so I thought I would bring the debate to this board.

I still travel some for work and I usually take in several games in different areas however I usually don't travel much to the East. So these rankings will be based on Divisions 1-5 on the west side .

No I haven't seen everyone and I'm not entirely sure what everyone has coming back so feel free to pick my list apart and tell me why I'm wrong.
As the season goes on we all will see how close we can get the list or rather how accurate.

last year my final rankings where really close and most all the teams made Deep runs into the playoffs. So please feel free to debate the rankings

Also East side feel free to place your top teams in the mix. Unfortunately I won't be able to keep up with your teams much but we can still debate them.

Rankings to come in just a bit. I can't wait to hear how stupid I am

Reactions: blackknight_pride
1. Lord Botetourt ( defending 3A champion )
2. William Fleming ( 5A finalist round of 8 )
3. Central Wise ( 2 time Defending 2 A champ)
4. PM ( 2 time defending 1 A Champ )
5. Carroll County ( 4 A final 8 )
6. Abingdon ( final 4 in 3 A division )
7. Patrick Henry Patriots ( 5A )
8. Christiansburg ( 3A)
9. Virginia High ( 2A Final four )
10. Ridgeview ( 2A)

On the Bubble
> Galax ( 1 A )
> Union ( 2 A )
> Floyd county ( 2 A )
> Gretna ( 2 A )

1. Lord Botetourt ( defending 3A champion )
2. William Fleming ( 5A finalist round of 8 )
3. Central Wise ( 2 time Defending 2 A champ)
4. PM ( 2 time defending 1 A Champ )
5. Carroll County ( 4 A final 8 )
6. Abingdon ( final 4 in 3 A division )
7. Patrick Henry Patriots ( 5A )
8. Christiansburg ( 3A)
9. Virginia High ( 2A Final four )
10. Ridgeview ( 2A)

On the Bubble
> Galax ( 1 A )
> Union ( 2 A )
> Floyd county ( 2 A )
> Gretna ( 2 A )

I'm not incredibly knowledgable on girls basketball, but I think William Monroe might deserve a mention! They have the number 1 player in the nation and had ZERO seniors last year on a team that lost in the state quarters. I would also say Spotswood might deserve a mention. Lost to Botetourt in states last year in a good game. Based on my small amount of knowledge of girls basketball, looks like a really good list.

I'm not incredibly knowledgable on girls basketball, but I think William Monroe might deserve a mention! They have the number 1 player in the nation and had ZERO seniors last year on a team that lost in the state quarters. I would also say Spotswood might deserve a mention. Lost to Botetourt in states last year in a good game. Based on my small amount of knowledge of girls basketball, looks like a really good list.

I know spotswood has a strong program they have for years. I'm just mostly familiar with the West Division teams. That's why I'm just ranking that group. But I'm sure your right. I'm sure there are many East teams that would be in a overall top 10 ranking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT