GIRLS Region C Finals: Floyd County 56 Martinsville 44 - FINAL

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
REGION 2C GIRLS CHAMPIONSHIP END OF 1: Floyd County 12, Martinsville 11

REGION 2C GIRLS CHAMPIONSHIP HALF: Floyd County 29, Martinsville 23

REGION 2C GIRLS CHAMPIONSHIP END OF 3: Floyd County 44, Martinsville 28

REGION 2C GIRLS: Final, Floyd County 56, Martinsville 44

Bulldogs finish as region runners-up. They'll play at Union High School on Friday in the VHSL Class 2 state quarterfinals.

CORRECTION: Martinsville will play Union High School at UVA-Wise Friday at 6 pm

Gate City Lady Devils will play Floyd Co Friday at Auburn High School in the 2A State quarter final game.

Game time is 6:00

For those that have saw Martinsville play, what are their strengths? Are they consistent? I know @AntGZee is a MV guy, are they an experienced team?

The only kids with significant playing time from last year is #14 Hairston and # 2 Valentine. I will not speak badly of my Lady Bulldawgs, but I will say this, " they are turnover prone ". Their decision making isn't the best, passing into double teams, shot selection, just to name a few. I will give it to them, they are scrappy and physical.

Reactions: BigWinners
The only kids with significant playing time from last year is #14 Hairston and # 2 Valentine. I will not speak badly of my Lady Bulldawgs, but I will say this, " they are turnover prone ". Their decision making isn't the best, passing into double teams, shot selection, just to name a few. I will give it to them, they are scrappy and physical.

Union can be the same but they are playing much better at the end of the season. They have some size inside and guards that can score. They have two 1,000 point scorers IIRC but they aren't the well oiled machine that Wise is under Dotson. Martinsville has some bad luck, always seem to draw the Region D top seed lol

Reactions: AntGZee
ADVERTISEMENT