ADVERTISEMENT

Glass LB

Oct 17, 2017
I have been traveling all day so I havnt had a chance to post. Witnessed a great game between Blacksburg and Glass Friday night. Couple things really stood out to me

First of all Cole Beck, the Glass defensive line caused problems all night but despite not being able to make a big play in the running game Beck found a way to essentially change the game with his forced fumble as Glass was headed for end zone. Not often do you see a player of his caliber make that type of hustle play to “win” the game. Already has a scholarship yet cares enough to sprint and save the day on defense.

Secondly and the reason for this post... if there is a linebacker around better than 2 Patterson for Glass I have not seen him. I have watched for three years, and I can’t find anyone that is better. Natural instincts and athleticism makes him a deadly combo. Although the Bruins won in a great game 2 was the best player on the field. Does anybody know what his plans are for next year? Congrats to him on a great career and congrats to Beck for setting up a great example for young players.

I have been traveling all day so I havnt had a chance to post. Witnessed a great game between Blacksburg and Glass Friday night. Couple things really stood out to me

First of all Cole Beck, the Glass defensive line caused problems all night but despite not being able to make a big play in the running game Beck found a way to essentially change the game with his forced fumble as Glass was headed for end zone. Not often do you see a player of his caliber make that type of hustle play to “win” the game. Already has a scholarship yet cares enough to sprint and save the day on defense.

Secondly and the reason for this post... if there is a linebacker around better than 2 Patterson for Glass I have not seen him. I have watched for three years, and I can’t find anyone that is better. Natural instincts and athleticism makes him a deadly combo. Although the Bruins won in a great game 2 was the best player on the field. Does anybody know what his plans are for next year? Congrats to him on a great career and congrats to Beck for setting up a great example for young players.
I have said all year that he was the best defensive player in Class 4 Region D. If he doesn’t win Definsive POY for the region then something is really wrong. He may even be the best defensive player in the state but probably won’t win POY since Glass went out second round. As far as his plans for next year, he’s garnered some interest from a few colleges but no FBS schools. Unfortunately FBS schools care too much about measurables and he’s only 5’11” 200lbs but the dude can straight out ball!

Witnessed him in person Friday night, the kid is an absolute stud. He was by far the best LB we have played against this season. It’s a shame measurable have become the standard for recruiting. You can’t read instincts, heart, and desire from measurables. If he’s not a D1 player I’m not sure who is.

He is a very good lb I was impressed. And while we are on the subject of LBs, #7 from Bburg is no slouch at lb and is like having a coach on the field. He is the most overlooked athlete in D by far.

I like what Charlie White said, If Thomas Patterson was at least 6’2”, every school in the country would be after him. He shadowed Cole Beck the whole game, and it showed. He also had his signature sack on Johnston, when he ran across the field and came out of nowhere. His instincts are unparalleled! He’s got the skills to play at the next level no doubt!

Last edited:
He is a very good lb I was impressed. And while we are on the subject of LBs, #7 from Bburg is no slouch at lb and is like having a coach on the field. He is the most overlooked athlete in D by far.
#7 for Blacksburg is very good. I can't speak for everyone else but, he was not at all overlooked by the Glass offensive staff. Other than #65, #7 was the next player on the Blacksburg defense to be accounted for at all times.

Can't say I've seen him, but K'Vaughan Pope from dinwiddie is special. Committed to Ohio State
@2up2downNole if you have the opportunity to make it to the VHSCA All Star game on Dec. 16, you should make the trip to UVA-Wise. Patterson will be playing that day. I know Pope was selected too but I'm not sure if he will sign early or if OSU will prohibit him from playing but it might be a chance to see both of them on the same field. Maybe even the same team.

Reactions: lyhsports

The kind of kid Cole is, team 1st. Not sure how to link it, but the play is up on Hudl.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT