ADVERTISEMENT

Glass vs JF

VolNation85

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 29, 2013
This will definitely be the game of the week in Region D, maybe in all of 4A. ECG(5-1) hosts JF(6-0) this Friday @7pm at City Stadium. First place in the district is on the line as well as Power Points the the Region of Death (aka Region D). JF is currently #2 in the region with 26.66667 points and Glass is #3 with 26.16667 points. The winner could move up to #1 spot if #4 Pulaski beats #1 Blacksburg.

JF is averaging 53 PPG
ECG is giving up 10 PPG

ECG is averaging 33 PPG
JF is giving up 29 PPG.

Something has to give....Not sure what will but JF has not faced a defense the caliber of ECG and the ECG defense has not faced an offense the caliber of JF.

Should be a great one!!!

Last edited:
Last year was a great game. It was a shootout, but the team with the most stops won the game. It will be the same this year.

JF's offense is better than ever. They are scoring at will on anyone. There are still talks of them not being able to stop anyone. All I know is that their defense is better thatn last year. How much better? We will see on Friday. I saw JF in the preseason game vs William Byrd. Looks like they have cleaned their game up since then. What they have been doing has worked well, Cupit and Blake had Big nights last year in this matchup.

Glass defense Is looking solid so far. They have allowed less points in the first 6 games than in the previous year. There are two players who have gotten the best of JF in the past 2 years: Thomas Patterson and DreSean Kendrick. Obviously Patterson is gone, and Glass will need to use their speed to fly to the football, and play fundamentally sound defense. It wouldn't surprise me if Holden Fretz is double teamed, so the rest of the Dline will need to get some penetration in the backfield. Kendrick and the receivers need to be in sync Friday. Feed Ty Foster as well.

This game will be a battle in the trenches!

Fun fact: The last three years, the visiting team was the winner.

Reactions: VolNation85
Why not? We can always count on you for some good insight. I know you have something to add.
I am just playing, I just meant it’s very nerve racking and a game that can literally happen 10 different ways if it’s played 10 times. To me it just comes down how well Glass D can hold down this offense for FOUR quarters. All it takes is one hot quarter with this crew.

JF defense is much better than they have been since coach returned. However, the issue is that the defense shows up in accordance with their opponent and that’s very frustrating. I have no doubt they’ll show up against Glass and at least be able to get a stop or two. If JF gets 3 stops I think they win.

Containing Kendrick will be the biggest thing for the defense.

I am just playing, I just meant it’s very nerve racking and a game that can literally happen 10 different ways if it’s played 10 times. To me it just comes down how well Glass D can hold down this offense for FOUR quarters. All it takes is one hot quarter with this crew.

JF defense is much better than they have been since coach returned. However, the issue is that the defense shows up in accordance with their opponent and that’s very frustrating. I have no doubt they’ll show up against Glass and at least be able to get a stop or two. If JF gets 3 stops I think they win.

Both teams will definitely have to go hard for 4 quarters. good point.

Both teams will be ready to play. This is a BIG game. But more importantly both teams need to keep emotions towards each other in check.

I can't wait til Friday.

after seeing jefferson forest play once this year and not seeing galss play but hearing about them i think this game will be very good and tight all the way to the end im giving the edge to glass since its at home glass wins 31-28

I think JF may play better on the road. They were complacent at home vs Amh last week. They can see this as the last big 4A opponent and I think they want to prove they are best team in Seminole and Region especially at someone else’s house.

Now the X-factor could be weather conditions and the footballs. With expected cool, wet temps and possible precipitation, this game could be lower scoring like in the lower to mid 20s.

Glass has the same motivations plus being at home but can they overcome the constant waves of attacks from JF. JF is healthier and I think they get a lead, Glass may struggle to come back from a deficit.

JF 29 - Glass 24

Last edited:
This will definitely be the game of the week in Region D, maybe in all of 4A. ECG(5-1) hosts JF(6-0) this Friday @7pm at City Stadium. First place in the district is on the line as well as Power Points the the Region of Death (aka Region D). JF is currently #2 in the region with 26.66667 points and Glass is #3 with 26.16667 points. The winner could move up to #1 spot if #4 Pulaski beats #1 Blacksburg.

JF is averaging 53 PPG
ECG is giving up 10 PPG

ECG is averaging 33 PPG
JF is giving up 29 PPG.

Something has to give....Not sure what will but JF has not faced a defense the caliber of ECG and the ECG defense has not faced an offense the caliber of JF.

Should be a great one!!!
Will be a good game

Reactions: lyhsports
Glass is healthy. They are Gettin players back. They’ve missed #56 for the last 2 games. He was 1st team conference 29 and all Seminole last year. Also 2nd team all region last year as a sophomore. He went out First play against hhs. Good fella with his head on right.

Glass is healthy. They are Gettin players back. They’ve missed #56 for the last 2 games. He was 1st team conference 29 and all Seminole last year. Also 2nd team all region last year as a sophomore. He went out First play against hhs. Good fella with his head on right.
Glad to see him back!

Who is “Coach”?

Upon reviewing the wset facebook highlights I see a lot of Rustburg fans are making negative comments about their own coaching staff, and saying they were the better team etc. Quite frankly, I am disgusted by their antics and statements. It was a well schemed start to the game and adjustments were made at halftime which worked out well for the Toppers. It just doesn't seem right to me to have parents call for the coaching staff to be fired on a public forum over a loss to a very good team. Coach Baker and his group are doing a fine job with the cards they have, the Seminole is just a brutal district.

JF has to do two things in order to keep this offense rolling against Glass. 50% completion rate with 50% of completions needing to be TDs. I know those stats sound absurd but that’s about on par with the throwing stats (completion % probably a little higher than 50 currently). The second is they have to find some success on the perimeter run game. Anything to keep them from loading 8 in the box. However, if 8 in the box means 7 down linemen as a lot of teams have done then I am grinning ear to ear. Those are the teams that get absolutely throttled by quick hitting run plays between the tackles. I see this game being all about momentum. Special teams will be huge.

Reactions: lyhsports
JF has to do two things in order to keep this offense rolling against Glass. 50% completion rate with 50% of completions needing to be TDs. I know those stats sound absurd but that’s about on par with the throwing stats (completion % probably a little higher than 50 currently). The second is they have to find some success on the perimeter run game. Anything to keep them from loading 8 in the box. However, if 8 in the box means 7 down lineman as a lot of teams have done then I am grinning ear to ear. Those are the teams that get absolutely throttled by quick hitting run plays between the tackles. I see this game being all about momentum. Special teams will be huge.

Good stuff. I think Glass put 7 down on the line last time, and JF got a few big runs.

Passing game has been pretty efficient so far hasn’t it?

Good stuff. I think Glass put 7 down on the line last time, and JF got a few big runs.

Passing game has been pretty efficient so far hasn’t it?
Couldn’t tell you the exact completion percentage. I just know that pretty much every 2nd completion goes to the house.

JF has to do two things in order to keep this offense rolling against Glass. 50% completion rate with 50% of completions needing to be TDs. I know those stats sound absurd but that’s about on par with the throwing stats (completion % probably a little higher than 50 currently). The second is they have to find some success on the perimeter run game. Anything to keep them from loading 8 in the box. However, if 8 in the box means 7 down linemen as a lot of teams have done then I am grinning ear to ear. Those are the teams that get absolutely throttled by quick hitting run plays between the tackles. I see this game being all about momentum. Special teams will be huge.
I haven't seen any teams go 7 down lineman against them this year. Are you referring to this season or last?

I haven't seen any teams go 7 down lineman against them this year. Are you referring to this season or last?
Only one that came out in that and stuck to it was LCA (77 points). Magna vista would show it at times when walking up both linebackers but not consistently. Same with liberty. I think most coaches have realized by now though that it’s not the way to go. “Linemen” probably wasn’t the Best verbage. I meant just level 1 defenders. Guys on the LOS

Reactions: VolNation85
Couldn’t tell you the exact completion percentage. I just know that pretty much every 2nd completion goes to the house.
Thats just the nature of the offense. You key in on the run, and They'll get you for a huge pass. Gotta play good assignment football to beat them. Christmas is very good with his play calling, so he knows when to expose you.

Reactions: catchtds and jfcav1
Personal opinion I called them beating GW I’m calling them winning again.
That game could have went either way! GW had a bad game and JF played lights out! Let’s just see what happens the rest of the season. Even with a bad game 6pt win on a tipped passed I’ll take it!

That game could have went either way! GW had a bad game and JF played lights out! Let’s just see what happens the rest of the season. Even with a bad game 6pt win on a tipped passed I’ll take it!
Anybody can say a “bad game” after a loss. I can sit through the film with you and show you a thousand careless mistakes that JF made that allowed it to even be that close. It was game 3, that’s how it goes. “Bad game” is a bad excuse.

JF certainly did not play lights out.

Anybody can say a “bad game” after a loss. I can sit through the film with you and show you a thousand careless mistakes that JF made that allowed it to even be that close. It was game 3, that’s how it goes. “Bad game” is a bad excuse.

JF certainly did not play lights out.
GW lead the whole game until 4:40 mark of the 4th qtr! Your team won so let’s leave it at that! You even said it yourself that was the best defense JF played in a while. But I feel same way about my team GW made lots of mistakes as well! Would love to see it again but I think it would be a different outcome!
GL to your team this week

I know what I’ve seen film on so far have only been to a couple area games so far this season. @VolNation85 @Renaissance man

JF offense is same as it has been in Christmas return, grind you down with the same wing t wishbone concepts and then hit the pop pass to take it deep or bust a big run because somebody missed an assignment and let the rb find an alley. The defense has been evasive of Christmas, seems like they rely on Cupit and a few others to make the plays and force some stops, I’ve seen more of a if we can get 1-3 stops Forest knows they can out score you.

Glass - love the running back he runs hard and finds the hole not looking to be cute and bounce it out, and Kendrick’s son at qb is electric however I don’t believe in his passing as much as I do his running therefore I’d bank on what heritage did and try to make him best you through the air, he has targets but I haven’t seen the passing game click or hum normally like a Coach Woody offense does. Defensively Glass is stout against the run at least from the statistics/film I’ve seen but they are susceptible through the air. (Brookville being the exception as they’ve fallen off track as injuries and poor execution have plagued the bees) I think glass defense is solid but I don’t think they will be disciplined through 4 quarters watching the same dive/sweep fakes all night, hell many college players can’t either (GT,Navy, army chalk it up on the ground).

My opinion says the cavaliers will roll and continue the march to an undefeated season. It’s a lot of unfinished business on their part as this team is young in the right places and gained experience through injuries a year ago. This is their year to take 4D, a couple teams stands in the way hoping for that rematch to avenge the defeat from last year in playoffs.

GW - you lost in the hole, but you have to put together 48 minutes to win. They will be a rough out for anyone but there are a few things and areas they need to fine tune before win or go home season starts. @Lewis918777

All roads will lead through Blacksburg this year though again as they are clicking.

Hope this gives some insight as to where I’m going with my thoughts. All views from this post are my opinion feel free to disagree.

GW lead the whole game until 4:40 mark of the 4th qtr! Your team won so let’s leave it at that! You even said it yourself that was the best defense JF played in a while. But I feel same way about my team GW made lots of mistakes as well! Would love to see it again but I think it would be a different outcome!
GL to your team this week
Amherst (0-6) led until the 4th too.

I know what I’ve seen film on so far have only been to a couple area games so far this season. @VolNation85 @Renaissance man

JF offense is same as it has been in Christmas return, grind you down with the same wing t wishbone concepts and then hit the pop pass to take it deep or bust a big run because somebody missed an assignment and let the rb find an alley. The defense has been evasive of Christmas, seems like they rely on Cupit and a few others to make the plays and force some stops, I’ve seen more of a if we can get 1-3 stops Forest knows they can out score you.

Glass - love the running back he runs hard and finds the hole not looking to be cute and bounce it out, and Kendrick’s son at qb is electric however I don’t believe in his passing as much as I do his running therefore I’d bank on what heritage did and try to make him best you through the air, he has targets but I haven’t seen the passing game click or hum normally like a Coach Woody offense does. Defensively Glass is stout against the run at least from the statistics/film I’ve seen but they are susceptible through the air. (Brookville being the exception as they’ve fallen off track as injuries and poor execution have plagued the bees) I think glass defense is solid but I don’t think they will be disciplined through 4 quarters watching the same dive/sweep fakes all night, hell many college players can’t either (GT,Navy, army chalk it up on the ground).

My opinion says the cavaliers will roll and continue the march to an undefeated season. It’s a lot of unfinished business on their part as this team is young in the right places and gained experience through injuries a year ago. This is their year to take 4D, a couple teams stands in the way hoping for that rematch to avenge the defeat from last year in playoffs.

GW - you lost in the hole, but you have to put together 48 minutes to win. They will be a rough out for anyone but there are a few things and areas they need to fine tune before win or go home season starts. @Lewis918777

All roads will lead through Blacksburg this year though again as they are clicking.

Hope this gives some insight as to where I’m going with my thoughts. All views from this post are my opinion feel free to disagree.
Well said and I respect it.

Amherst (0-6) led until the 4th too.
Yes but Amherst is 0-6 so that is not a good example, just proves that they are very vulnerable. I remember when JF and Salem were both undefeated in playoff game, not even close

Reactions: Lewis918777

Your right about GW you have to play 48 min I respect your opinion! We lost in the hole!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT