ADVERTISEMENT

Glenvar 20 Radford 14

radcats

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 27, 2009
Congrats to Glenvar, very solid team.

Last edited:
Came to see this game to see all the good players on display and to see what Finley would do against the stout defense of Glenvar. ..and the down hill running game of Glenvar stole the show. And I won't say Glenvar shut down Finley but he didn't hurt them running like I thought he would against the big D line and he probably completed less than half his passes. But he does keep the game interesting on offense.

I just felt Glenvar had the game in control the whole time. It wasn't overly entertaining. I'm curious to hear what others thought.

That pretty much sums it up. Outside of all the ankles he broke tonight, that was entertainment in itself. I think its impressive that he still hasn't thrown an interception, Glenvar almost had one tonight.

I was concerned because Radford presents matchups problems for Glenvar every year. Finely was very impressive as expected and Grant did some damage but I thought our defense had a great game plan. Haven't seen a better QB all year and thought our line played good contain for the most part although Radford converted on way too many longs on 3rd and 4th. I was surprised how soon Glenvar went to the run game exclusively after the interception and a couple of knockdowns in the 1st but we were moving the ball and controlling the clock so no complaints. I thought we could have passed either under or away from Finely all night long but probably will end up being a good thing that we had an all run game victory against a good defense to get ready for the playoffs and toughen everyone up.

Glenvar knew from the galax..Giles games that Radford was a little soft in the middle so they used that...guess this is glenvars first district title...congrats to them...might be another matchup with giles in 3 weeks...hate rematches but here we go..Radford had it to a 1 score game with 3 minutes to go...some folks thought they'd be walked on...nothing to be ashamed of....one screw up in that last 3 minutes coulda cost glenvar the game...they didnt...they played better and won...

Radford and Giles can't meet in playoffs Roads, he was referring to Giles and Glenvar. Looking like they will meet in week two of playoffs at this point. My take on game was Glenvar played good defense like always, expected at this point. Radford did not execute on offense like I have seen them this year. Had five dropped passes to open receivers that I know of and turnovers kill u of course. I'm not sure why Finley was always looking to throw and not just run the ball some when he had open space like he did against Giles. I do think Glenvar had a good game plan as far as not really rushing up field with front guys and just playing contain with them, it worked for most part. I disagree with the statement Radford has a solid defense because they don't. Very week up the middle and awful tackling team. This once again will hurt them come playoff time. U have to be able to play some defense at that point and they dont. Finley is wasted on defense. He plays 15 to 20 yards deep and refuses to tackle. One reason why teams gash them up the middle. Glenvar ran up middle when ever they wanted, Giles never punted against them and scored every possession except one when they fumbled on the 7. I have a feeling they will see a better offense then Giles or Glenvar.

If Appomattox beats Amherst then we will get a likely Giles/Glenvar rematch in round 2. Otherwise in round 3 if both win out but that is less likely with so many good teams. Doesn't look like opposite brackets is much of a possibility.

Radford and Giles can't meet in playoffs Roads, he was referring to Giles and Glenvar. Looking like they will meet in week two of playoffs at this point. My take on game was Glenvar played good defense like always, expected at this point. Radford did not execute on offense like I have seen them this year. Had five dropped passes to open receivers that I know of and turnovers kill u of course. I'm not sure why Finley was always looking to throw and not just run the ball some when he had open space like he did against Giles. I do think Glenvar had a good game plan as far as not really rushing up field with front guys and just playing contain with them, it worked for most part. I disagree with the statement Radford has a solid defense because they don't. Very week up the middle and awful tackling team. This once again will hurt them come playoff time. U have to be able to play some defense at that point and they dont. Finley is wasted on defense. He plays 15 to 20 yards deep and refuses to tackle. One reason why teams gash them up the middle. Glenvar ran up middle when ever they wanted, Giles never punted against them and scored every possession except one when they fumbled on the 7. I have a feeling they will see a better offense then Giles or Glenvar.[/QUOT
Yea, if they beat Amherst I think they can jump to #1 seed.
I don't think they will which means Glenvar will be #2 and Richlands/Appo 3-4 but not sure which order. Ho does Giles match up with these two teams? Both sound like championship caliber teams but so is Giles.

I don't think they will which means Glenvar will be #2 and Richlands/Appo 3-4 but not sure which order. Ho does Giles match up with these two teams? Both sound like championship caliber teams but so is Giles.
One at a time....might have another dang rematch with graham in the first round...took one for granted last year n got bit...so one at a time...maybe 2 rematches in a row...oh well

One at a time....might have another dang rematch with graham in the first round...took one for granted last year n got bit...so one at a time...maybe 2 rematches in a row...oh well
I doubt that happens. Graham should win next week and Grayson will most likely lose to Galax, so look for some movement in those teams . Probably a lot of movement next week in the 10 through 14 spots.

lol...I would say you guys learned your lesson and won't be looking past anyone this year. Our guys aren't looking past anyone either. They seem pretty humble and focused only on the game ahead of them. I'm looking forward but that's just arm chair prognositication. We've squeaked by some this year including Radford, Galax, and Giles so you can get beat by anyone in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT