ADVERTISEMENT

Glenvar-Galax

Galax is going to be very good and improved from the past few seasons from people I have talked to. We camp over that way and the locals tell me they are going to be good and all say the same thing. Narrows, JI Burton, Central, G. Wythe, Chilhowie, and Patrick Henry especially are going to be good. I think Galax will come out of the pack over Narrows and Patrick Henry GS and play in the title game representing the West.

Glenvar on the other hand has a reasonable chance to play 4 possible state title game appearing teams to start it's season.
Graham
Blacksburg
Galax
Riverheads
The first two were scrimmages, but all 4 teams truly have a reasonable chance to play for a state championishp. Galax and Riverheads are likely favorites to play in the 1A title game, Graham will probably open up as the number one ranked team in 2A, and Blacksburg is Blacksburg in 4A.

Thank you for that commentary. Glenvar allowed 1 score in the Graham scrimmage and 2 scores in the benefit game with Blacksburg. A pass play called back for offensive interference or personal foul not sure which and the other score came after a Glenvar fumble inside the 10. Defensively Glenvar will be stout but they have a sophomore QB and young offensive line with size but learning. As the the season progresses they will get stronger. Great backs and several good receivers. We'll see. As you mentioned they play a tough schedule to include Cave Spring Hidden Valley Radford and of course Giles. Love this time of year. Hope all have a safe season

Not wanting to split hairs Region C and I agree with you on Glenvar. They are going to be very good, but Graham had 2 scores to Glenvars 0. I watched that scrimmage personally. After the officials we're asked by both coaches to leave, the teams came back onto the field. Many we're heading out at this point and thought that was the end, but the two teams scrimmages more and no question, one of the two scores Graham had was close and it looked like he may be out of bounds, but for scrimmages sake, both teams treated it as a score.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
Not wanting to split hairs Region C and I agree with you on Glenvar. They are going to be very good, but Graham had 2 scores to Glenvars 0. I watched that scrimmage personally. After the officials we're asked by both coaches to leave, the teams came back onto the field. Many we're heading out at this point and thought that was the end, but the two teams scrimmages more and no question, one of the two scores Graham had was close and it looked like he may be out of bounds, but for scrimmages sake, both teams treated it as a score.
It was out of bounds... not a score.

Ok I had made a mis statement after the scrimmage with Graham and agreed with someone about being three yards out. It was more like a foot or two but he was out. And your right they played it like a score. Both teams will improve and I feel Glenvar has room for the most improvement offensively. Thanks for your input

Galax is an enigma at this point. They lost ALOT of skill players from last years team. Though they gained a couple of good players In transfers as well as some really good upcoming talent. Three running backs over the 200lb mark that can move.

Lee Lee People's is one of the best lineman in the state on either side of the ball. He is as impressive as his brothers to me.

Dixon does alot of things in the first 4 to 5 games in terms of moving people around etc, to get a feel for what he wants to head into district and playoff play. When he says he truly doesn't care about winning the first Five games, he truly doesn't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT