ADVERTISEMENT

Glenvar Giles Thoughts

I watched the Glenvar Radford game. Glenvar is quality and from what I hear Giles is down.
Glenvar or Radford could be a first round game for the Raiders. Either of those teams have what it takes to win. The Raiders need to tighten up. They unfortunately have to play the same teams that they already whooped again. Hard to get them motivated for the same teams. Some know they are striving to be the best they can come play off time, others are not so focused.
Also, not having Coach Smith is Monstrous. Not taking anything away from Coach Castello (he is doing a great job) but, you don't lose a "Coach Smith" and not suffer for it.

Giles has no size and no depth. Several freshmen and sophs starting. Until something bumps up participation numbers, Spartan football will be mediocre. Even when dropping to 1A
Sorry to hear this. I miss talking smack with who I consider the class acts from Giles, even when we were losing year after year.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
I watched the Glenvar Radford game. Glenvar is quality and from what I hear Giles is down.
Glenvar or Radford could be a first round game for the Raiders. Either of those teams have what it takes to win. The Raiders need to tighten up. They unfortunately have to play the same teams that they already whooped again. Hard to get them motivated for the same teams. Some know they are striving to be the best they can come play off time, others are not so focused.
Also, not having Coach Smith is Monstrous. Not taking anything away from Coach Castello (he is doing a great job) but, you don't lose a "Coach Smith" and not suffer for it.
Glenvar lost big to Draft (27-0) but it was during a snow storm which took out Glenvar's passing game totally and Draft was able to dominate with a very strong running game. We looked like we were playing on ice. Draft is the real deal and should be favored to win state IMO.

Glenvar lost to William Fleming and their onw mistakes. I thought they would pull it out in the end but it wasn't meant to be. The real Glenvar started to show up against Radford. Really good game on both sides. I don't think it matters who the 3 or 4 seed is, since 1 and 2 are both going to be tough to beat.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Glenvar lost big to Draft (27-0) but it was during a snow storm which took out Glenvar's passing game totally and Draft was able to dominate with a very strong running game. We looked like we were playing on ice. Draft is the real deal and should be favored to win state IMO.

Glenvar lost to William Fleming and their onw mistakes. I thought they would pull it out in the end but it wasn't meant to be. The real Glenvar started to show up against Radford. Really good game on both sides. I don't think it matters who the 3 or 4 seed is, since 1 and 2 are both going to be tough to beat.
Appomattox has won like five of past six titles or something and are undefeated. They gotta be considered the favorites until someone shows they can beat them when it counts.

Reactions: Fairlawncat
Giles started the Glenvar game well. Or should I say Glenvar started poorly. After Glenvar woke up and quit turning the ball over it was no contest. Giles I am afraid is in for a long road in order to get back to being competitive against good teams. They will most likely lose to Narrows this week and that will put them at 2-4 for the spring. I believe they just added a game with James River. They should win that game but again, against the top tier teams in the region they will struggle for some time due to low numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT