ADVERTISEMENT

Goochland back to the Jefferson District for the 2021 School Year

Should present another quality hurdle to teams in the Jefferson and help Goochland prepare for their own playoffs with most Jefferson district teams will likely be better than what they will face in the first round. In most cases anyways. Undefeated regular seasons for Goochland just got harder to come by though.

Reactions: RVA804
Should present another quality hurdle to teams in the Jefferson and help Goochland prepare for their own playoffs with most Jefferson district teams will likely be better than what they will face in the first round. In most cases anyways. Undefeated regular seasons for Goochland just got harder to come by though.

Goochland has grown out of the James River District. The only 3A school in the league and haven’t lost a game in the district since 2015.

The Jefferson is a better league for the size of the school. Not too many Louisa’s in the James River district.

Sure but it’s their geographic best fit. The school is literally a stone’s throw from the James River. Most schools don’t change districts because their FB team needs better competition. They could go the Highland Springs route and ditch their least competitive district games.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
  • Sure but it’s their geographic best fit. The school is literally a stone’s throw from the James River. Most schools don’t change districts because their FB team needs better competition. They could go the Highland Springs route and ditch their least competitive district games.
that would be everybody which is what they did.
James River District (Now)

Last edited:
“Least competitive” is a comparative phrase. And what are you saying that they did?
I get what you mean. They have no business playing Bluestone, Cumberland, Prince Edwards and Randolph Henry. Man, you hit the nail on the hammer with the take the Highland Springs route. It hurts my soul that my GW Danville boys play Martinsville and Patrick County in district play. That could easily be a way North Carolina opponent or a better VA program. Highland Springs does it right!

Reactions: WP02alum
when is the last time anybody from the James River District beat Goochland in football?
anybody?

Right. What did you mean by “that’s what they did” though?

edit-answered my own question with the magical power of reading the previous thread posts lol

Last edited:
EP is saying the James River District does not have any teams that can compete with Goochland. Instead of Goochland having to invent a schedule every year to play competitive games (Like HSHS), moving to the Jefferson would give Goochland a chance to play schools that are closer to their class size in all sports.

If your implying the travel is worse for Goochland in the Jefferson, you don’t know where the James River schools are. The rides to Bluestone, Central Lunenburg and Randolph Henry from Goochland are much longer rides then any school in the Jefferson. Bluestone is closer to Durham/Chapel Hill than it is Goochland HS so I’m not sure about the geographical fit.

It’s a win-win for Goochland.

Last edited:
Sorry I stupidly thought I was reading a new thread. Read back and saw what was happening. Sorry for being dumb.

Sorry I stupidly thought I was reading a new thread. Read back and saw what was happening. Sorry for being dumb.
no problem dude; just a little thread on high school sports.
what else do we have to do these days :rolleyes:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT