ADVERTISEMENT

Good Luck Lady Gladiators

longtimerhsfan

VaPreps All Region
Dec 12, 2006
As I type, they are on their way down Rt. 29 to do battle with Altavista for the Conference 44 volleyball championship. This is actually a repeat of last year, at least so far. The Big Red traveled down there for the conference title, won that, and then for some reason had to go back there for the regional championship. In other words, winning the conference did not give you any kind of advantage in regionals.

They won that too and eventually advanced to the state semi-finals, where they lost a tight one to eventual state champion Radford. Anyway, they say the atmosphere is electric down in A'town, but maybe RHS will bring enough fans to fire up our girls. If anyone has a report during the course of the evening, please pass it along.

I know everyone's focus is on Friday night football for the moment, but hey the girls deserve some love too!

Since you're always cheering for Riverheads, you may want to congratulate and support their cross country runners as well. Ethan Ernst qualified for the state meet and the girls team did as well.

Reactions: uvacavs1
I think the moderator might overrule you on that one, since this is the "fall sports board" and I think it is intended to cover all fall sports. We used to have separate boards for the different sports as I recall, but those were the days. However, I certainly cannot blame you for wanting to talk ONLY about an oblong ball on a day like this! Just three hours to go!!!!

And gtown, we don't hear too much about cross country down here, so thanks for the update.

Reactions: uvacavs1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT