ADVERTISEMENT

Graham at Union

19GHS87

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 10, 2016
Thoughts? Graham seems to be peaking at the right time, but Union has been a thorn in their side. I expect a great game coming down to the wire.

Not sure if I can make it to Big Stone Gap by 7:00 on friday? Anybody know if the game will be streamed or anything?

Hoping for a Union win cause if we get by Central, I like our chances better against Union at home than I do Graham. Lol

Very tough to beat a great time twice, especially with injuries and how worn down Union is right now, but this time it's in BSG and Bears usually show up at home. I'm not expecting much, but empty the bag of tricks here. If you can beat Graham, you can beat anyone IMO so might as well let it all hang out. Triple reverse flea flickers, fumblerooski, whatever lol

Graham had a hard time with Pollier earlier this season ; he’ll need to be stopped. Graham’s defense has improved greatly since then and they have many offensive weapons. GMen have speed all over the field. If Graham can get out to an early lead and make Union try to play catch up, they can win. I think Bullitt Park gives Union a great advantage playing at home though and they will come out ready to play.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Graham had a hard time with Pollier earlier this season ; he’ll need to be stopped. Graham’s defense has improved greatly since then and they have many offensive weapons. GMen have speed all over the field. If Graham can get out to an early lead and make Union try to play catch up, they can win. I think Bullitt Park gives Union a great advantage playing at home though and they will come out ready to play.
I think Graham has experimented a little bit on defense on stopping the run game. I think we may see different personnel on defense a bit more. There have been a few series since the Union game where there has been a bit of a change that I believe will be good to help stop the run. Having Edwards and Kastner at 100% and Justice available for this game this go around will hopefully turn things in Grahams favor.

Reactions: Gridiron1960
This thread doesn't have nearly the amount of comments as the SWVA board does. The posters that I know post both places are playing much nicer over here, lol. I have no horse in this but if Graham has worked out the defensive lapses from the first game then I think they win by 2 td's. If not then the Pollier Express will roll over them. I will be listening to this one from time to time as I scan the stream casts because its sounds like it should be a really good game. Good luck to both teams and safe travels to the G-Men.

This thread doesn't have nearly the amount of comments as the SWVA board does. The posters that I know post both places are playing much nicer over here, lol. I have no horse in this but if Graham has worked out the defensive lapses from the first game then I think they win by 2 td's. If not then the Pollier Express will roll over them. I will be listening to this one from time to time as I scan the stream casts because its sounds like it should be a really good game. Good luck to both teams and safe travels to the G-Men.

I post on both. You better watch yourself, if you don't think Graham beats the top team in Region D by 30 10/10 times, people flame ya haha.

Graham is in a much better position right now, but Union hopefully will empty the bag and go for broke.

I post on both. You better watch yourself, if you don't think Graham beats the top team in Region D by 30 10/10 times, people flame ya haha.

Graham is in a much better position right now, but Union hopefully will empty the bag and go for broke.

I believe you're referencing one poster in particular. I don't know any other Graham fans posting those type of comments. Most of us have said Graham needs to bring their A game and figure out a way to stop Pollier to have a chance at winning against Union at BP. He dragged our guys 5-10 yards on almost every carry earlier this season. It should be a great game especially if both teams come ready to play.

Reactions: BigWinners
Like I mentioned, I have no dog in this and respect both programs. I just found it interesting that the animosity that is on the SWVA board hadn't been as prevalent over here.

Like I mentioned, I have no dog in this and respect both programs. I just found it interesting that the animosity that is on the SWVA board hadn't been as prevalent over here.
Lol, I think the animosity is between one or at most two particular people from both sides. The rest of us like a well rounded discussion or debate rather than arguments especially about two teams that have nothing to do with this matchup , lol. I think you're right in that the discussions are much more spirited on the other board than this one.

Will be hard for Graham to win at BP but can they do it---yes they can..Sounds like they are rolling and Union might be down with injury compared to the first game.
I see it being either a close game that could go wither way but wouldn't be totally surprised to see Graham win by several scores.

Lol, I think the animosity is between one or at most two particular people from both sides. The rest of us like a well rounded discussion or debate rather than arguments especially about two teams that have nothing to do with this matchup , lol. I think you're right in that the discussions are much more spirited on the other board than this one.

It's me lol, you're referring to me. I have no real animosity at all towards that dude or anyone, I just thought he made some pretty outrageous claims then acted like I was crazy for not just accepting them.

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
Biggest key for Union will be staying ahead of the chains and the scoreboard. It's okay to be playing from down one score but with Unions offense, it's extremely hard to make up 21+ points. We saw that against Wise, Union got down 20 and ran outta time coming back. If Union can keep the score close and out of second/third and long, they can win at the end. But if Graham comes out firing and gets the Bears down 14-21 points, it's gonna be a tough road to hoe.

I just hope it's not rainy and cold. But I have a feeling, it's gonna be.

I just hope it's not rainy and cold. But I have a feeling, it's gonna be.
I heard the rain was supposed to be on a reprieve that night, but it will prob be cold. Gonna be a nasty night at the park. Even nastier if you guys win big lol, not gonna be fun to sit in that mess and lose.

Gonna be some slobberknockers in the cold and rain tonight. Good luck to all teams and may the best teams win.

Graham up early 7-0. Union had them where they wanted them with a 3rd and 29 after a couple of penalties and Lester completes a 30 yard pass to Ray for the first down. 3 plays later, Lester finds the endzone on a keeper.

35-0 Graham 3:00 left in 1st half....running clock. I knew Graham's defense had improved, but wow. Union has not had one single first down in the first half.

Lester now done for that and out of the game with 5 minutes left in the 3rd qtr as Graham leads 48-0 and Union is STILL, without a first down, and is now down to 13 total yards of offense. Graham is now starting to sub some starters out.

Reactions: 19GHS87
Union finally picks up a couple first downs against Graham subs. Graham allowed less than 20 yards of offense with first teamers in the game.

A total domination top to bottom. Graham got whatever they wanted whenever they wanted.

That's a buzzsaw right now, I don't envy Wise or whoever wins Region C facing them right now.

This wasn't much of a shock for realistic Bear fans. Been saying how different Union was since the injuries, but the real story is probably the complete lack of adapting to those injuries by the coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT