ADVERTISEMENT

Graham Radford summary

I just figured it was a slight toward Graham due to how Graham won the 1962 championship. Andrew Lewis (Salem) had used an ineligible player and had to forfeit the championship...and being that article was from the Roanoke paper, well, I guess you can see what I was thinking...

Just read the article of first link above... Geesh FIVE turnovers for Radford... That is surely a killer... They had none against Appo. Gee wiz. Appo had 4 against Radford. Turnovers are crucial, especially when your opponent can capitalize on it.... Graham just seemed to be the better team by the read also.... Seems they will be tough to bring down, not sure what Goochland has to offer but from all I read ER was suppose to get that W from all the hype talk.... Idk

Last edited:
Reactions: moto138
Just read the article of first link above... Geesh FIVE turnovers for Radford... That is surely a killer... They had none against Appo. Gee wiz. Appo had 4 against Radford. Turnovers are crucial, especially when your opponent can capitalize on it.... Graham just seemed to be the better team by the read also.... Seems they will be tough to bring down, not sure what Goochland has to offer but from all I read ER was suppose to get that W from all the hype talk.... Idk

Turnovers are a part of the game, but trust me, if we don't turn the ball over 1 time, Graham gets 42 points. We could not stop them. They went up and down the field as they pleased and we didn't have the success on the ground against Graham that we did against Appo. Graham's defense and offense were much better than Appo's. They just were, plain and simple.

Turnovers are a part of the game, but trust me, if we don't turn the ball over 1 time, Graham gets 42 points. We could not stop them. They went up and down the field as they pleased and we didn't have the success on the ground against Graham that we did against Appo. Graham's defense and offense were much better than Appo's. They just were, plain and simple.
Well they will be loosing their QB from what Ive read so there's one piece of the puzzle gone for next year... Anyway hope to see yall in Appo next year. #PO1

Reactions: moto138
Well they will be loosing their QB from what Ive read so there's one piece of the puzzle gone for next year... Anyway hope to see yall in Appo next year. #PO1

We are a young team and should be better next year. We have a great sophomore class in football and basketball. As for Graham, their fans told me the backup QB also has college looks as an athlete, and that the drop-off in QB next year for Graham is minimal. According to one Graham fan, the Laster kid is actually faster than Allen and the fastest kid on their team. I think he is their QB next year but not sure. Gretna, Glenvar, and Giles will be in the mix next year in our Region and those 3 will be formidable opponents.

Not much of a drop off at qb for Graham next season, if any. Lester is very good. He is being recruited by some D1 schools as an athlete. No Power 5 offers like Allen, but still a very good athlete 8 defensive returners for Graham next season and a number of talented rbs and receivers. They should be solid again next year. They arent finished with this season yet, however. Since the first day of practice, their motto has been "finish".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT