ADVERTISEMENT

Grass Fields this Friday Night or Saturday?

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
What games do we know of that will be played this weekend on a grass field?

EV at Louisa?

Hopewell still at Merner Field?

Others? Any Class level.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure King's Fork at LT and Landstown at Oscar Smith will be on grass fields. @DEVILSLB99 can you confirm whether LT and Smith still have grass?

Also Glen Allen at Highland Springs will be on grass. Lord Botetourt and Northside have grass as well.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure King's Fork at LT and Landstown at Oscar Smith will be on grass fields. @DEVILSLB99 can you confirm whether LT and Smith still have grass?

Also Glen Allen at Highland Springs will be on grass. Lord Botetourt and Northside have grass as well.

Highland springs got moved to Hermitage.

Reactions: VolNation85

Glen Allen at Highland Springs has been moved to Hermitage’s turf field. Henrico at LCBird is still on a grass field at Bird.i think Manchester is staying on grass too.

Just took a look at Merner Field (Hopewell). Its really tore up from last weekend and wet is an understatement. Not sure who the field conditions favor in this one. With Hopewell's speed and Norcom's physical D Line I would say the field plays to Norcom's advantage. We shall see.

Just took a look at Merner Field (Hopewell). Its really tore up from last weekend and wet is an understatement. Not sure who the field conditions favor in this one. With Hopewell's speed and Norcom's physical D Line I would say the field plays to Norcom's advantage. We shall see.
It will absolutely favor Norcom. Hopewell’s speed will be affected by that mud bowl!! I know Briggs got hurt last week and I am sure of his status this week.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I just don't understand. Why would Hopewell not move their game location. Why TOTALLY destroy their field.

If Hopewell wins, is it likely they host again next week?

It will absolutely favor Norcom. Hopewell’s speed will be affected by that mud bowl!! I know Briggs got hurt last week and I am sure of his status this week.
The reports I received indicate he will play. I am rooting for the Blue Devils to advance, but not crazy about giving Norcom any edge especially when there was a turf option available. If there starting qb is still banged up I can see why Hopewell would want to play in the muck.

Can someone explain to me how making a slower team even slower is an advantage?! A WR and RB KNOW when they are going to cut,and know their own routes. A defense on “ice skates” and slow,is at a disadvantage. A defensive front in the mud will have traction issues with an offensive line knowing where to go,and pushing forward. Both defenses will be at a disadvantage,so this game may come down to ball control,and which team can hold onto a wet ball. Sorry,but the field is no advantage for either team,but a field making a team slow is not as bad as making a team even slower. If the Hopewell QB is able to go,so that the Defense has to respect him,Hopewell wins. If not,Hopewell could have a long offseason,wondering if they should have played on a turf field. Bad field=NO ADVANTAGE

Can someone explain to me how making a slower team even slower is an advantage?! A WR and RB KNOW when they are going to cut,and know their own routes. A defense on “ice skates” and slow,is at a disadvantage. A defensive front in the mud will have traction issues with an offensive line knowing where to go,and pushing forward. Both defenses will be at a disadvantage,so this game may come down to ball control,and which team can hold onto a wet ball. Sorry,but the field is no advantage for either team,but a field making a team slow is not as bad as making a team even slower. If the Hopewell QB is able to go,so that the Defense has to respect him,Hopewell wins. If not,Hopewell could have a long offseason,wondering if they should have played on a turf field. Bad field=NO ADVANTAGE

Your statement "bad field = no advantage" is not accurate. Having to run straight ahead in between the hash marks clearly favors a bigger and more physical team. I do agree with some of your points, but after seeing the field Hopewell will not have the luxury of utilizing a good portion of their playbook. Norcom will also have to be selective in their play calling as well. These teams have played close games in the past two years. Still think the wet field gives Norcom a slight advantage. I didn't say they would win though. I Believe in the Blue Devils.

Told ya!!!

Reactions: BleedingNavy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT