ADVERTISEMENT

Great night at Dinwiddie Friday.

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
The Dinwiddie community came out in force for homecoming Friday night. On the heels of the tragic accident in the science lab that occurred this past week, we all needed to come together and show support. Our Principal, Robbie Garnes had appropriate comments and led the crowd in a moment of silence. Incidently, all of the injured are making good progress. The Homecoming Court presentation went well, and we almost, and I mean almost, had a big win in the Loyalty Automotive sponsored halftime field goal try. If the kick attempt is good, AND stays in the back of the Toyota pickup parked behind the goal post, a large prize is awarded. Not only was the kick good, but it landed in the bed of the truck, and bounced twice before it bounced out. Between what was won on this event, plus a $100 donation per touchdown scored by Dinwiddie, Loyalty provided Dinwiddie with a very nice donation. For which we say, thank you.

By the way, the food we provided for the “workers“ and other guest, as Guy Fieri would say, was off the chain! The best beef brisket any of us have ever eaten, and BBQ that was equally good. We are blessed here in Dinwiddie with a fellow, (who happens to live across the road from me), that is legendary for his cooking. He has been anointed as the official chef for our gang at the football games. This is why I always encourage you friends of ours here on Virginia Preps to stop by behind the press booth and say hi and try a bite of our hospitality.

The football game was actually very exciting. You may laugh at that comment because the final score was 41-0, but it was only 14-0 at the half. Make no mistake, Petersburg is a fast, athletic team. They may be someone’s worst nightmare come playoff time. A few too many ill timed mistakes early kept them from scoring in the first half. The second half was a bit of a different story as Dinwiddie made several adjustments and the Generals depth and conditioning began to show.

Bleeding Navy did some preliminary calculations and it now appears that the top three in order in 4-B are Dinwiddie (29.142), Varina (28.857), and King George (26.666). I caution everyone, this is a preliminary, late night calculation, so errors are likely!

One final comment on the Friday night festivities. Since it was homecoming, quite a number of former classes set up tents and did tailgating that would do any college fans proud. There was probably enough delicious food out there, that everyone in attendance could have filled up three times over. My apologies to the band boosters, that run the concession stand. I’m sure sales were a quite a bit down.

Perfect weather, a standing room only crowd, great camaraderie, and a victory on the field. It was truly a great night.

Last edited:
Prayers for the dinwiddie community. Petersburg is much improved saw them play hopewell and gave them a tough game. I have seen varina and dinwiddie play hopewell but are outstanding teams varina is just bigger and loaded at every position if these two meet in the regional finals the winner has a good shot at group 4 championship good luck.

It was a great night from the win to North Stafford & GW picking up huge wins
Yes it was. And we came close to hitting the trifecta. Heritage wasn’t far from beating LCA.

You still didn’t stop by the press booth and introduce yourself. And eat!
You had better do this at the TD game. Don’t make me report you to Coach Mills. You would look a little silly doing crab crawls at halftime!

Lol
Yes it was. And we came close to hitting the trifecta. Heritage wasn’t far from beating LCA.

You still didn’t stop by the press booth and introduce yourself. And eat!
You had better do this at the TD game. Don’t make me report you to Coach Mills. You would look a little silly doing crab crawls at halftime!
😂 I will I’m off that night so I’ll definitely be there bright and early for some good eats.

Prayers for the dinwiddie community. Petersburg is much improved saw them play hopewell and gave them a tough game. I have seen varina and dinwiddie play hopewell but are outstanding teams varina is just bigger and loaded at every position if these two meet in the regional finals the winner has a good shot at group 4 championship good luck.
Couldn't agree more. Both Dinwiddie and Varina are on similar tracks as well. Should be smooth sailing till you get to Nov. 3rd when Varina host undefeated Highland Springs & Nov. 4th when Thomas Dale goes to Dinwiddie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT