ADVERTISEMENT

Great semifinals

southbottomU

VaPreps All District
Dec 5, 2004
Two great semifinal games. These games just demonstrate how hard it is to win a 4a State Championship. Blacksburg and EV both undefeated and very good teams---season over. Lake Taylor will be favored in finals

I watched the Woodgrove-BB game online and geez was that a hell of a football game. After the first half and the three and out to start the second, I figured Woodgrove was going to put the game to sleep. Credit to Blacksburg for pushing it to the absolute limit.

LT might be favored, but that Woodgrove team will be a tough opponent. Controlling the time of possession will be a key component. Hats off to them, they're a tough, well coached team!

I watched the Woodgrove-BB game online and geez was that a hell of a football game. After the first half and the three and out to start the second, I figured Woodgrove was going to put the game to sleep. Credit to Blacksburg for pushing it to the absolute limit.
Credit to Woodgrove, they shoved it down our throats in the first half. 6 of 6 on 4th down including a 4th and 17 pass for a td on the first drive that proved to be the back breaker. Only 6 completed passes and 3 tds including the ot winner. Was like playing an old Ragsdale Giles team from the 90’s that we never could beat.

With LT, Norcom and EV proved that you can beat them with the pass. EV just fell short, barely. Lafayette had open receivers but couldn’t connect like EV. If Woodgrove can throw and slow down LT ( 35 in both last 2 games) they have a good shot at a win.

With LT, Norcom and EV proved that you can beat them with the pass. EV just fell short, barely. Lafayette had open receivers but couldn’t connect like EV. If Woodgrove can throw and slow down LT ( 35 in both last 2 games) they have a good shot at a win.
They got some tall receivers that proved to be to much in crunch time. Impressed with their defense too. Blacksburg had chances in the 2nd half. Started with the ball on the W.G. 45 with under 3 minutes to go and
a chance to win it in regulation and could not move it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT