ADVERTISEMENT

Great Unofficial Points (1A West)

THEGOATFROMJMU

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Nov 21, 2008
562d98a9777fc.image.jpg

Thank for posting, if playoffs started today looks like Galax would get PM. Is that correct?

Narrows @ Radford

Would be the first time those two played in football in a meaningful game in decades back to the old New River District days.

Ok i dont follow the west at all, but wasnt Fort Chiswell a decent team not to long ago ??y
Yes a few years ago they made the state simis but fc is a team that will get a good group of talent then once that group is gone its usually another 3-4 years before they make any waves at all. Since 1999 they have only had 6 winning seasons and all of those have came since 2008

I don't think it will stay this way, but that Auburn/Bland match (If I'm seeing this right) would be a fun one.

Yes a few years ago they made the state simis but fc is a team that will get a good group of talent then once that group is gone its usually another 3-4 years before they make any waves at all. Since 1999 they have only had 6 winning seasons and all of those have came since 2008
It sure didn't help them losing James to Pulaski.

Yeah he is definitely a good coach, I have a feeling if James was still there they would've won some games this year even with all of the injuries and they've had a ton of injuries this year. I also think they would've had a better record last year if he had been there but that's just my opinion.

Would love to see galax somehow sneak into 6th..... just to avoid GW and JI until round 3

Who do they have left on the schedule?

As far as the actual numbers idk but IMO they are easily top 3 in the West regardless of seeding. It will not surprise me if Galax beats GW or Radford or anyone else for that matter. I think they are going to be the hardest out of anyone they have lost to Glenvar, Giles, Radford and GW all top teams in there divisions. And not one of those teams made it look easy.

Galax will make noise that's for sure. Does anyone think Bland can pull a win in playoff time? I'm just very happy for that program.

A lot depends on whether their starting lber and most physical player returns in time and if their d-end is back. I don't think the lber will be ago this week according to some of the players and that means a freshman will likely start. When one player goes out for bland it's rough because then you're asking another player to change positions like last Friday a d tackle was starting at d-end and with Graham's speed that's hard to overcome. If they get healthy and the freshman qb steps up I could see them pulling one out. Just depends on the matchup

Galax will make noise that's for sure. Does anyone think Bland can pull a win in playoff time? I'm just very happy for that program.
I personally hope they can but its looking more and more like they might get stuck in a hard 1st round game. And as much as I wanted a 9-1 Bland team its looking like 6-4 or 7-3 at best I just don't see them beating or really even playing with Galax. If I had to pick a so called Cinderella I would want it to be the Bears

Reactions: CallMeCoach19
It is usually Sunday/Monday before these get worked out due to the calculations that have to be done. Lots of time and effort goes into these so relax and be patient as I am sure the guru's are working on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT