ADVERTISEMENT

Gretna QB

Anyone know who is penciled as the starter ?
There is NO sure starter. Whomever it turns out to be will be very inexperienced. It is very telling that no one has responded to your question. Gretna has had limited success the last few years but nothing like the glory days. This season and next year will not be a reload but a major rebuild. Will be interesting Thursday night to see how they deal with a somewhat improved Chatham team with a new coach.

Not sure id go somewhat improved. They made postseason for fourth time in school history in 19 and then lost all their OL, QB, and a bunch off defense plus a new coach and new system. My assumption is both Gretna and Chatham will be YOUNG.

There is NO sure starter. Whomever it turns out to be will be very inexperienced. It is very telling that no one has responded to your question. Gretna has had limited success the last few years but nothing like the glory days. This season and next year will not be a reload but a major rebuild. Will be interesting Thursday night to see how they deal with a somewhat improved Chatham team with a new coach.
Do you know if fans are allowed in to the game?

Not sure id go somewhat improved. They made postseason for fourth time in school history in 19 and then lost all their OL, QB, and a bunch off defense plus a new coach and new system. My assumption is both Gretna and Chatham will be YOUNG.
I'm glad someone corrected him. Until seeing otherwise I don't expect Chatham to be improved. They were a sieve defensively and lost their QB, 5/5 on the OL, and some skill guys and shifted to a completely different offensive scheme. They may be improved from what they would've been in the fall since they have had more time to adjust to the new coaching staff but I doubt they're improved from last year. They made the playoffs last year, whic

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Dan River is the best team in Pittsylvania County and it’s not even close. It’s a shame them and Appomattox won’t play this spring.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bo Bob and oldfool2
You are probably correct. I was being nice i guess. Chatham did have a good jv team as did Gretna. New chatham coach is experienced and they say he is better than average but controversial.

My prediction for Chatham V Gretna. Either Chatham or Gretna wins. It will be a close game or a blow out. It will not be a sellout. Good luck to both teams.

Chatham parents also getting to purchase two tickets for the Gretna game. But no leftover room or capacity will be sold.

• Wow
Reactions: Bo Bob
Chatham parents also getting to purchase two tickets for the Gretna game. But no leftover room or capacity will be sold.
There is a streaming service that can be purchased. Is this the correct terminology? Will that continue to be a big thing after covid? Just buy the season package and watch Gretna or Appomattox from home with a nice craft beer and pizza !!!

Please let me know if this holds true.
NO reason that Nelson, Altavista, William Campbell, and Appomattox shouldn't AT LEAST try to accommodate parents of seniors from the visiting teams.

Reactions: iDidntGetBanned
Please let me know if this holds true.
NO reason that Nelson, Altavista, William Campbell, and Appomattox shouldn't AT LEAST try to accommodate parents of seniors from the visiting teams.
Will do. They may come around because of state health guidelines being loosened but I am just guessing.

In
There is a streaming service that can be purchased. Is this the correct terminology? Will that continue to be a big thing after covid? Just buy the season package and watch Gretna or Appomattox from home with a nice craft beer and pizza !!!
Probably. For watching other games I love it! My fear is you’ll have able bodied folks that could pack your stands at home or away games simply watching from home. Got to be great for the kids to look up and see the stands packed, cheering, ringing bells,....
We’ve always had a lady do FB Live. It was awesome for older folks or grandparents living out of state.

Reactions: oldfool2
I would guess they would keep this service since my understanding is that it doesn't require much extra manpower after the initial installation. I'll be watching online tonight and see how well it does.

Just sa
I would guess they would keep this service since my understanding is that it doesn't require much extra manpower after the initial installation. I'll be watching online tonight and see how well it does.
Just saw where they are going to allow some fans into the games....kind of late notice.

They did give Chatham parents the opportunity to purchase two tickets per player. No other fans were allowed in. There was a facebook rumor but it was false. Something about local paper had a misleading article about that. Now for the game. It actually was a fun game to watch. It was closer than score might indicate. Not much passing but still it was a hard fought game with some good defensive stands by both team in the red zone area. There is a rumor that the Chatham principal will fire the coach and assume that position himself. Also a rumor that he will also hire his own officials crew because he was not happy with the officiating. Not the coach being unhappy but the coach/principal. Might be fake news. LOL.

• Haha
They did give Chatham parents the opportunity to purchase two tickets per player. No other fans were allowed in. There was a facebook rumor but it was false. Something about local paper had a misleading article about that. Now for the game. It actually was a fun game to watch. It was closer than score might indicate. Not much passing but still it was a hard fought game with some good defensive stands by both team in the red zone area. There is a rumor that the Chatham principal will fire the coach and assume that position himself. Also a rumor that he will also hire his own officials crew because he was not happy with the officiating. Not the coach being unhappy but the coach/principal. Might be fake news. LOL.
😂😂🤣🤣

For the Pittsylvania County games, Each home team player can get two tickets (I think cheer and band - which are limited - are allotted a ticket). Also, the visiting team is allowed two tickets per player.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT