ADVERTISEMENT

Gretna V DR

colonel 72

VaPreps Rookie
Aug 30, 2010
Another rivalry game this Friday in Gretna. Gretna had a heart breaker Friday night and DR is one of the surprises of the year. They are a young team I hear that now has a year of experience under their belts. Should be a good game. Hope Gretna can put TJ behind them and come out fired up.

I say Gretna by 3
All I know is that what I usually predict is wrong. A coach once told me that you never can tell how teenagers are going to react on any given Friday night. I will say that I predict a close game so watch me be wrong once again.

Reactions: anh5
The Alumni are not happy. I get "jumped" by alumni every week, as if I have something to do with play calling and even the color of uniforms.

Reactions: moto138
The Alumni are not happy. I get "jumped" by alumni every week, as if I have something to do with play calling and even the color of uniforms.
Aren't you part of the alumni? Aren't you one of those who complains of playcalling? Didn't Saunders get jumped by alumni? Thurmond? Senseney didn't win by a wide enough margin? Prunty couldn't take program any further? Is there a recurring theme with ALUMNI? They don't like anybody.

Aren't you part of the alumni? Aren't you one of those who complains of playcalling? Didn't Saunders get jumped by alumni? Thurmond? Senseney didn't win by a wide enough margin? Prunty couldn't take program any further? Is there a recurring theme with ALUMNI? They don't like anybody.
When Scharnus went to Altavista their alumni did not like him. Then he won a handful of states and he was a genius and was universally loved. Then Thornhill and guys graduated and they started to lose. Then Scharnus became an idiot and alumni did not like him. Hmnnnn!!!!

When Scharnus went to Altavista their alumni did not like him. Then he won a handful of states and he was a genius and was universally loved. Then Thornhill and guys graduated and they started to lose. Then Scharnus became an idiot and alumni did not like him. Hmnnnn!!!!

I help coach in Colonel Town in the dry years before Scharnus.
The basketball program had kids who would scrap and fight for a ball like they're life depended on it. Same kid on the football field was content to let the other guy have it.
Spent 4 year there (two with football). Great little town!

I help coach in Colonel Town in the dry years before Scharnus.
The basketball program had kids who would scrap and fight for a ball like they're life depended on it. Same kid on the football field was content to let the other guy have it.
Spent 4 year there (two with football). Great little town!
Altavista has always been a rabid sports town. They love all sports but basketball is sacred. They have always had great coaching in basketball going back to Don Thompson and probably beyond. Even Gretna football coach Slick andrews coached basketball there a year or two.

Altavista has always been a rabid sports town. They love all sports but basketball is sacred. They have always had great coaching in basketball going back to Don Thompson and probably beyond. Even Gretna football coach Slick andrews coached basketball there a year or two.
Altavista fans are no different from anywhere else. They like Gretna fans want to win. But you have to use some common sense when it comes to winning and losing. Dont people realize that screaming things at coaches from the stands and posting negatives on social media is heard and read by lots of players. Kind of a way to demoralize your own team from within. I used to be one of those so I am definitely not without guilt. I also used to crucify officials before i got to know some of them and realized that they are after all human.

Gretna has 4 plays , up the middle one To the right and to the left and QB bootlegs and Lobs it up . Gretna has so much talent it makes up for the lack of Coaching you don’t have to be so good Less you play a great coached team like Appomattox who absolutely shut it down and that’s when the coaching comes in play because you don’t make any adjustments.

Gretna has 4 plays , up the middle one To the right and to the left and QB bootlegs and Lobs it up . Gretna has so much talent it makes up for the lack of Coaching you don’t have to be so good Less you play a great coached team like Appomattox who absolutely shut it down and that’s when the coaching comes in play because you don’t make any adjustments.
Blue hut hut middle middle. Green hut hut left. Yellow hut hut right. Red. Leg. hut hut. Lob. You got it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT